Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

The Kusamura Arena Showdown 3

- The Kusamura Arena Showdown 3 -

The 3rd PK tournament for 8 competitors who can attack in the Kusamura Arena.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Showdown tournaments are tests of close quarters combat, including magic.

Kusamura Arena has a limit on the maximum a/d you can be to attack there.

If your combined attack and defense are over 160, you cant attack. (a "80 a/d arena")

The failing effect of True Sight potions can lower your attack and defense down 15 levels, so a person who is a/d 95/95 can compete in this tournament.

Please do not PM me asking how to -15 TS. If you don't know, ask some fighters in-game.

RULE CHANGE SINCE LAST TOURNAMENT:

The red and black Dragon armors are not allowed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When:

Saturday, June 21, 2008 at 15:00:00 UTC time <---CLICK THERE

Rules:

1. Your combined Attack and Defense must be at least 135 to compete.

2. You must be able to attack in Kusamura Arena. TS potion failing IS allowed.

Your ability to attack will be checked before each fight by you attacking myself (Korrode), both of us barefist, and immediately fleeing.

3. Attack and Defense Potions are NOT allowed. All other potions ARE allowed.

Your a/d must stay in a state that means you can attack in the arena for the duration of the fight, so no going to positive food after combat has begun either.

(If you suspect the person your fighting has raised their a/d after the attack test, you can screenshot the exp you get off them and send it to me along with a sceenshot of your stats and your god status. Based on that i can determine their a/d at the time of screenie, if i determine they've cheated, they'll be disqualified and banned from any future events i run.)

4. Certain weapons and items are NOT allowed, they are as follows:

The rare/magical Great Swords (such as JS of cooldown, cutty of mage, rapier of death, etc.).

The rare/magical Armors (such as steel greaves of ubber def, Ti plate of freezing, etc.).

Any fire/ice/magic/thermal sword.

Medallion of Life.

BRoD and BoD.

Normal Branch and Bone.

Any "Enchanted Weapons" (see Enchanted Weapons page in EL encyclopedia).

The Bronze Sword.

Dragon Armors.

Ranging equipment (bows/crossbows/quivers).

Mines/Caltrops

This is a test of strategy and strength, not riches and items with random chance magical effects.

To ensure further clarity, these are the kind of items that ARE allowed:

Normal Iron, Steel, Titanium and Bronze armors.

All normal shields up to titanium.

Moon, Unicorn, Stars and Sun medallions.

Crowns of Life and Mana.

Any Cape.

Any normal Great Sword, with the exception of the Bronze Sword.

Any non-enchanted weapons. (any weapons listed in the "Weapons" page in the encyclopedia (that's page 1, not page 2; which has the "Enchanted Weapons"))

5. All castable magic spells ARE allowed.

6. Disengagement rings ARE allowed.

If you diss/flee and stay in the arena the fight can continue, if you diss/flee and walk out of the arena, even just for a second, you forfeit the battle.

You can disengage/flee from combat up to 3 times. If you diss/flee a 4th time you forfeit the battle.

7. All fights are 1-on-1, and one at a time.

Your friends/guildmates are not allowed to remote heal you or cast any offensive spells on your opponent.

Await instruction from myself (Korrode) before entering the arena, and before starting combat.

8. Summoning (including stones) is NOT allowed.

9. Laying Mines during or before the event is NOT allowed.

Applies to all kinds of Mines and Caltrops.

10. Ranging is NOT allowed.

If a bow, crossbow or quiver is equipped, at any point, you will instantly lose the fight. Repeatedly breaking this rule (or any rule) will get you disqualified and banned from all future events i run.

The Tournament Layout:

Key example: R1F1-L = Round1_Fight1-Loser - The loser of Fight 1, Round 1.

Round 1:

fight 1: player1 vs player2

fight 2: player3 vs player4

fight 3: player5 vs player6

fight 4: player7 vs player8

Round 2:

fight 1: R1F1-L vs R1F2-L

fight 2: R1F3-L vs R1F4-L

Round 3:

fight 1: R1F1-W vs R1F2-W

fight 2: R1F3-W vs R1F4-W

Round 4:

fight 1: R2F1-W vs R3F2-L

fight 2: R2F2-W vs R3F1-L

Round 5 (* need to see at the time who has fought who *)

(if the opponents (column 2) can be swapped so everyone is fighting someone new, i will do so, if not, no change... you may end up fighting someone you've already fought.)

fight 1: R3F1-W vs *R4F2-W

fight 2: R3F2-W vs *R4F1-W

Final

R5F1-W vs R5F2-W

The winner gets 20kgc and the glory

Donations to the prize pool are welcome and appreciated :)

Much thanks to EvilNature, who donated the following to the prize pool:

1 ELE

2 EFE

8 Steel shield

4 Aug torsos

8 Iron helms

8 Leather boots

8 Aug pants

2 Steel Chains

2 Leather torsos

9 Fur capes

Big thankyou to an anonymous person, who donated the following to the prize pool:

100 Bear stones

50 Tiger stones

10kgc

Thanks to the ever awesome Maxine, who donated the following to the prize pool:

50 EMPs

8 Pirate scarves

50 Harvest/Degrade indicators

Signing up, and conclusion:

Please reply here if you would like to compete.

The first 8 people to apply will get the spots, anyone after that will be a backup in case someone doesn't show up on the day.

If you don't have a forum account, contact me in-game.

It is possible for a competitor to fight up to 5 times. Bring everything you need for that many fights.

If you don't have enough space in your inventory for everything you want, I will allow people to make storage runs, but i'd much prefer if you ask a guildmate or friend to come and watch and hold some items for you.

If you are going to goto storage please be quick about it, luckily EVTR storage is nearby.

Everyone will fight at least twice. So it's possible for you to die twice... you cant possibly die more than twice, because the way it's structured if you die twice you're out of the tournament.

Giving back the contents of deathbags will be up to the battle victor, so if your wearing expensive armors i suggest rostos.

Remember: You can diss and walk out of the arena to end the fight.

Spectators are welcome, but please do not sit on the side of the arena that has the entry.

Everyone Note; I will be asking for assistance from the game moderators to help deal with anyone who tries to cause trouble.

Signed up competitors:

Jammie

WolfWitch

Aoshi

SouL

Diverse

The_MaXamus

Scarface

Celace

Zamolxes (Mathtutor)

Raiden

Druss

ElWood

Backup competitors:

Shaitan

Adishuzi

Diverse

Jammie

WolfWitch

SouL

Spidi

To the backups and anyone else who wants to fight in Kusamura arena;

Come suited up for PK and put the arena to further use after the event ;)

Would-be competitors should note that when the day of the tournament comes, if i PM you and it turns out you have no idea what the rules and layout of the event are, i will not be very nice to you, and may ban you from any future events i run.

If you have not completely read and understood this entire post, do not sign up.

@Spectators

Kusamura Arena's spectator seating is not ideal. To ensure all spectators can see the fight, i get the competitors to at least commence the fight while standing by the back wall of the arena, and spectators are to be seated over that back wall.

CLICK HERE to see an image thats shows what i mean.

Thanks Oz for being my example spectator :P (i didnt ask him, just found him there lol :D)

Edited by Korrode

@Everyone

In past tournaments i've had in some cases over 16 people signing up and almost every single time on the day of the tournament i'm scraping around just to find 8 competitors due to people being offline, un-prepared, decided to #reset, etc.

If you're going to sign up, please make sure you are actually online and ready at the time of the tournament... write it on your calendar, set a reminder on your phone, get it tattooed on your arm, w/e u gotta do to remember it :P

If i once again find myself scraping for competitors on the day, then all following tournaments will have a non-refundable 5kgc sign-up fee (that'll goto the prize pool).

Also, the time of the event is a bit different to the usual slot (as Vanyel's Theli comp is that day)... yep, west coast Americans gotta be on and ready at 8am on a Saturday :D

@Dilly

kinda need him to confirm he can be there before i list him, just tell him to contact me asap ;)

Edited by Korrode

Good, dragon armours arn't allowed.

I'll see about joining up, for now it's a maybe, but it depends how fast I decide to level over the next couple of weeks.

Wow 8 competitors already.

Don't anyone hesitate to sign up as a backup though, past experience dictates at least one of the signed up people wont show on the day :P

Already i've had competitors PM me asking me questions that are answered in the rules ;)

Read the damn rules, read them carefully. If you dont understand something post here asking about it in an effort to save me answering the same questions over and over.

Edited by Korrode

What about the use of Mana & MMD Rings?

They're allowed.

If it's not listed under Rule 3 as a disallowed item, then its allowed.

Sign me up for backup, i got some unfinished business :>

whos gonna beat YinDi if i dont fight? :D

Edited by ElWood

Rule addition/clarification:

The Showdown tournaments are close quarters combat (incl. magic) only events. (Consider them 'traditional' EL PK skyle events).

Any form of Ranging or Mine usage is NOT allowed, this includes using a quiver (arrows/bolts) in conjunction with a single handed weapon (sword, axe, etc.)

--------------------

@Mathtutor:

What is your in-game name?

My 'leave-it-to-the-last-minute' brother is now having a dinner for his 21st birthday on Saturday night (the current time of the tournament, for me, is 1am Sunday morning)... idk for sure that i'll be home in time, prolly not tbh...

The tournament will probably start 1-2 hours late.

I will try to not be too drunk :)

Sorry for the change to event time this close to when it's meant to happen, but RL is annoying like that... i hope all competitors can still make it.

EDIT: Changed post to say 1-2 hours late, rather than re-scheduling for 5 hours after original time (my post pre-edit can still be seen in Aoshi's post below)

Edited by Korrode

My 'leave-it-to-the-last-minute' brother is now having a dinner for his 21st birthday on Saturday night (the current time of the tournament, for me, is 1am Sunday morning)... idk for sure that i'll be home in time, prolly not tbh... buuut, Vanyel's Thelinor comp is now canceled, so the Showdown will probably be happening when that was scheduled to start (which is actually the usual time-slot i go for with Showdown tournaments).

So the tournament will probably be happening at this time now:

Saturday, June 14, 2008 at 20:00:00 UTC time <---- CLICK HERE

I may make it a few hours earlier, i'll confirm the definite time within 24 hours.

I will try to not be too drunk :)

Sorry for the change to event time this close to when it's meant to happen, but RL is annoying like that... i hope all competitors can still make it.

due to the new time, i can't take part in the tournament, count me out.

edit : i talked with korrode and the time may be posponed again, so if he changes the time again, i'll he here :pickaxe:

Edited by aoshi

Yep, I am very much hoping to be able to move it forward to be as close to the originally scheduled time as possible, as that is what people signed up for... it all depends on what time my bro's dinner ends... this isn't his main 21st celebration, so i dont expect it to be going on into the morning or anything, just not 100% sure.

Hopefully the tournament will end up starting only an hour or two after originally scheduled, i should have confirmation of when i'd be home by tomorrow morning, once i speak to the peoples who will be driving that night.

Again sorry for the late time changes.