Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Need screenshots for Skills section on website

We need some screenshots for the Skills page: http://www.eternal-lands.com/page/skills.php

What we need exactly are:

-Tailoring-show your character dressed up in clothes. Turn off all nametag/heathbars.

The screenshots MUST:

-Only use the official client data.

-Don't show the sky, focus on the character and skill stuff. So the standard 3rd person angled downward view will work best(like the current ones on the skills page).

-If outside they should be taken during the day so there's light.

-Make it so your character is on a relatively plain background. It's ok if there's like 1 rock or tree behind you but if there are a lot of things then it's too "busy" and the pic gets harder to read, especially at a small size which these will be. Also make sure your entire character is showing-feet in the snow is no good :)

-Manu window should be towards the bottom of the screen, as shown on the skills page: http://www.eternal-lands.com/page//skills.php?#potion

I may or may not use your shot. There are many factors taken into consideration when I choose the shots to compose them for the website. Thanks for the help!

I'll work on getting a few. Here's one I already have of range..

archeryarenas.jpg

And of tailoring..

tailoring2.jpg

tailoring1.jpg

Edited by Acelon

Somthing for engineering and ranging:

Oki, some pics from the Behtel Invasion (6 Apr. 2008) :)

arrowaandbows200778.jpg

arrowaandbows1da206_thumb.jpg

arrowaandbows37792c_thumb.jpg

arrowaandbows4323ca_thumb.jpg

arrowaandbows5950b0_thumb.jpg

arrowaandbows6816bc_thumb.jpg

arrowaandbows7cf5a2_thumb.jpg

oa127ba6e6_thumb.jpg

eng74c2723_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cyberwulf

Hm, from looking at these so far here's another aesthetic point to consider:

-Make it so your character is on a relatively plain background. It's ok if there's like 1 rock or tree behind you but if there are a lot of things then it's too "busy" and the pic gets harder to read, especially at a small size which these will be. Also make sure your entire character is showing-feet in the snow is no good :bow_arrow:

Alc :)

alcshot.jpg

*grumbles about not being able to get purty water shots now its night time*

#edit: i'll get another shot once it's light, i've found a great spot :D

Heres one which i like:

alcshot2.jpg

And the same one in pink neon :D:

alcshot2-1.jpg

Another one coming soon :bow_arrow:

Edited by simmster

That's nice simmster, except, show the full body of the character, and go in an alchemy school(although I forgot to specify that, sorry)

too dark in-game at the moment for me to get you exactly what you want, but I thought I'd post a possible few:

sum50.jpg

This one is pretty neat, no summoning effects though;

armdorcsum.jpg

wil do a few new summoning ones and engineering, once it gets bright. (unless I get too busy irl)

~KgN

Sorry the name/health is on, but it does show both bows and crossbows, and a nice mix of races using them :bow_arrow:

rangingnw6.jpg

draugluin1 that's perfect, thank you! Has a nice shot with the full character, shows parts of the skill, and the manu window :bow_arrow:

Keep posting more of the others guys :)

Here's a crafting one:

(If the resolution is to low (because of the gallery upload size limits) I can supply a better version.)

gallery_8617_51_27140.jpg

Edited by bkc56

Roja,

I see what you're looking for, but I have to say, I really think Guy's picture is fantastic. I know it's missing the stats bar, but the composition is perfect, it demonstrates community and team effort beautifully, and there is a mix of character movement demonstrated. I think it reads nicely and the character names/health bars are small enough as to not be distracting. Perhaps he has an uncropped version?

Nice job, Guy!

Yes I liked that one too, but it's big-better suited for an actual screenshot on the screenshots page :icon13: If you have the uncropped version Guy, please post it and I may use it there instead.

Two summoning ones, left same size and everything so you can cut it the way you want:

elscreen076.png

elscreen078.png

EDIT: found a better one then those two, I think. Not blocked as much.

elscreen077.png

Engineering one coming reeaal soon. (if I can find someone to borrow night visor from >.<)

~KgN

Edited by kaGen

That's not bad Kagen but don't cover the summons with the manu window..in fact for summoning don't even put the manu window there if possible. summoning stones can be used too.

Here is an alchemy pic I took in Glacmor-

Alch.jpg

And here is a playful archery picture I took a while ago-

TannerPointBlanc2-1.jpg

That's not bad Kagen but don't cover the summons with the manu window..in fact for summoning don't even put the manu window there if possible. summoning stones can be used too.

Any of these work?

elscreen083.png

elscreen080.png

elscreen081.png

~KgN

Those look much better Kagen! Is there any way you can summon a few different creatures though? Like 1 orc, a couple different animals? Also I really do want to have the particle effects showing too.

Ok, here are some TAILORING pics :D:w00t::w00t:

I took them all in Irsis sto before more or less plain background, as requested. If you want me to take them in a different place or with different perspective or whatever, please let me know. I had a lot of fun doing this, and so did catspaw who watched me undress and get doled up again several times :P

I tried to zoom in on these, I figured you can crop out whatever you don't want.

lilcnoot

blue.jpg

green_brown.jpg

grey_white.jpg

purple.jpg

redandbrown.jpg

red_black.jpg

yellow_blueblack.jpg

black.jpg

And of course... a pic of Santa lil :icon13:

santalil.jpg

Edited by LilBear

I tried posting two more pics, and it told me I posted more than allowed... so a new post here.

Ok, couldn't resit, made two more tee hee and of course I don't expect you to use them all, I hope others post their own tailor pics too. I believe Marc posted a great screenie of his inv with all the fabrics and dye in them, when it just came out. I'll see if I can find it on the forum and link it here.

Edit: here it is, if you crop out everything except for the inventory, it's a really nice shot http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...=i'm+dyeing

darkblue.jpg

blue_white_green.jpg

Edited by LilBear