Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 170 Pre RC

I have the same problem as dillosional, it seems to only effect me when I am outside. I turned on the Sky-Cam Effects in a cave, and was fine, but as soon as I went outside EL crashed. Figured it's been already posted, but the more the merrier as they say ^^.

Works fine :)

I get even more FPS while looking at the sky in this client than I did in skytest 5.

btw, are you going to change the camera scrolling to the same as it was in skytest5? I liked that way of scrolling better.

Everything seems to be going well, except for the mini-map.

I am getting the exact same thing as Samy does. At first it was just a black cirle, then as I changed maps it has turned to the blk/wht lines.

missing her mini-map already,

~bug

minimapss3.png

edit to add pic.

Edited by bugabear

el crashes upon opening not enough time to change any settings

Log started at 2008-05-26 14:47:45 localtime (Central Standard Time)

[14:47:45] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el_170_rc1.ex. Failover to server: main.

[14:47:45] Using the server profile: main

[14:47:45] Warning: Didn't find your data_dir, using the current directory instead. Please correct this in your el.ini . Given data_dir was: "d:\Eternal Lands"

[14:47:48] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(5:opengl_error): Error: 'Error, line 225: instruction limit exceeded (max = 128, used = 158).

' in file 'shaders/anim.vert' in load_vertex_program at actor_init.cpp (line 159)

[14:47:48] Error opening sound configuration file

[14:48:03] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[14:48:03] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst

[14:48:03] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[14:48:03] Error: Can't open file "alias.ini"

[14:48:09] Language changed, was [en] now [en]

[14:48:11] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst

[14:48:12] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst

[14:48:12] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[14:48:12] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst

[14:48:12] Failed to download (files.lst) 3 times. Giving up.

no i get screen and have about 3second b4 it crashes

ok i went into a building able to turn of sky cams... el works now but i notice a big drop in fps from arround 20's to 9-10 :)

Edited by Burfoot

Burfoot, when you get to the log in screen, instead of logging in, first do ctrl O (oh) and change the options. Turn off everything in skycam tab, and turn on poorman, turn off any special effects. Then close the options window and try logging on.

That's how I got it to at least log on. I'm playing like that now, with all skycam options turned off.

lilcnoot

Its all great, apart from three things so far.

1) If i turn on shadows, all people+monsters vanish apart from their names and health bars (happened with the old client, so it's probably my graphics card)

2) My Sky&Cam options go back to default every time i leave FP view #EDIT: it just turns off follow camera

3) I found half a rock at 30, 105 in Tarsengaard Magic School Garden

ELbug.jpg

Edited by simmster

Tested the 170 pre RC while hunting fluffys in imbroglio, was using sky05 before.

I notice the new Pre Rc to be much jerkier when spinning the screen and when moving. The spinning jerking making it hard to use while hunting. Even when standing still there is a lot of jerking when spinning in place. Starting to get seasick after hunting fluffs for 40 minutes :)

Also my fps is set to max 30...it drops to 22-28 when walking. When fps limits set to 0...the fps is ~60 when standing still...dropping to 43 even 30 sometimes when fighting fluffys.

Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS

Intel Core 2 cpu 6600@ 2.4GHz, 2 cores

Try to limit the distance, and try all kind of things until you identify what causes the problem.

I limited distance to 40 and turned off everything in Eye candy and Sky&cam. Still jerking when walking and/or spining but a lot less. Tryed just about every setting that I could think of, still could not totally get rid off the jerking.

I decided to update my gfx drivers and vola, now it works like it did with sky05...even with distance limit set to 100. So there seems to be some change between sky05 and the 170 Pre Rc that requires gfx driver update for some nvidia cards.

Ive installed RC 1.7.0 on my Laptop (2nd in siggy). The installed went ok however the client will crash as I move about Nordcarn. I managed to capture a screenie just prior to a "crash" (the MS message dialog box to "Send" or not to "Send" a report).

Error and log files seem ok...

rc170nordcarndo4.png

rc170nordcarndo4.484efa168b.jpg

EDIT: It seems i have a problem with displaying flowers in this client. I went into WS Map and saw the same distortion rending all types of flowers. For the hell of it I decided to run my previous Sky Client that had been working very well on this Laptop and Sky seems to have the same problem!

EDIT: Just to be sure Ive updated my driver - OpenGL Version went from Build 7.14.10.4864 to 7.14.10.4926 and I still have the issue with rendering flowers (best i can tell).

Edited by marack

I have seen that if you use the large map to walk, then the red cross is shown outside of minimap.

And, if possible, I would vote for an option, to choose between old and new minimap

Edited by RubenVincent

Hi there,

i'm running the EL 170 Pre RC on the PK server (only play there). Have not enabled music ingame, but have downloaded the music files. I am using the correct maps/bitmaps that are available, added additional cave bitmaps.

Problems:

-Setting new resolution ingame (reported bug, I know)

-In windowed mode the new resolution (1400x1050) does not scale down a bit like all the others do (so my screen is like 40 pixels short of displaying the vertical range of the client window)

-Client just wont remember the following settings (when configured ingame) : Shadow Mapping : Shadows : Show Reflections : Cloud Shadows

when configured ingame they seem to work fine, they just wont be remembered.

-Sometimes the lower part of the screen (client) does not render any reflections, I have seen this effect when changing the resolution (which is buggy anyway), when using a resolution with a large number of vertical pixels, (compared to the horizontal). And then I open up multiple clients (2 clients and the effect is only visibly at the client which was first opened)

-for the minimap Frame Buffer Support must be enabled to make the edges on the minimap look good. When it is not enables I get a partially cut-off minimap image (edges cut off, ugly).

-I also have the problem that everything looks pixxelated, its probably something on my side, i've had it before. A reboot usually works to fix it (so guess its just me).

The minimap seems to work fine (just a bit small :P but I've heard complaints about it being too big so ill shut up :P).

dots have a nice size, the actor (self) dot disappears under animal/monster dots, which good of course.

So overall it works pretty good for me, better then the first series of sky client releases.

Id like to point out that I think the water looks best with the shader on 0. Only then I can clearly see the clouds/stars/moons in the water. With the shader on 1 or 2 (which looks better for reflections of objects) the sky/clouds, etc are barely visible (stars are not in most cases).

FPS is fine too, even with multiple clients running.

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 (1.8Ghz/2MB/800Mhz FSB)

nVidia Quadro NVS 140M 256MB

15.4" WSXGA+ (1680 x 1050) Dellsharp Wide Aspect Ratio TFT display

2.0GB, 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM Memory (2x1024MB)

English - Microsoft Windows XP Pro

So far so good, keep it up!

ProHibited

-In windowed mode the new resolution (1400x1050) does not scale down a bit like all the others do (so my screen is like 40 pixels short of displaying the vertical range of the client window)

Just a quick note on this, the problem that you refer here also applies to 1600x1200, and the scale down that is being used is not always the same for all the resolutions.

If someone knows how this should be done I can make a patch for it.

When I added the 1400x1050 resolution I couldn't find a pattern so I skipped the scale down.

I don't even know if it makes sense in huge resolutions like that :/

Client crashed after I tried to leave underworld. Sky in underworld is bright orange, couldn't grab a screenie prior to crash sorry.

Specs..

Vista

Gateway M-6750

Intel Core Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz 1.67GHz

3062 MB

32 bit Operating System

Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset family

Everything works well for me (for the most part).

One thing I noticed is that if you map-click while zoomed out on minimap and then zoom in, the red x extends beyond the minimap.

elscreen400.png

Windows XP

SP 2

Pentium CPU 4 1.4 giga hertz

512 MB RAM

Nvidia G-Force 2 Series GTS

All work fine here so far dont find any issus so far.... :P

only daytimes fps are a bit low

Client170RC101255c4_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cyberwulf

I can run EL and log in, but about 2 seconds after it crashes.

Think there is something wrong with my drivers atm, its supporting other games relatively well, but not so good with EL :/ so will try installing a new one if i can find.

Video card: Intel 945GM

Vendor ID: Intel

Exactly my experience with the same GFX specs. The same reported (with error logs) but unresolved issue has come forward from Sky_03, thru Sky_05 and now to this Pre RC :P

As Intel relies on OEMs to update the drivers, and OEMs rely on the chip supplier to do so... I seem to be stuck with a fairly new laptop that won't play stuff. Our EL future is starting to look grim... through no fault of the devs or Ent.

For the record, my error log shows:

Log started at 2008-05-26 20:23:04 localtime (New Zealand Standard Time)

[20:23:04] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el_170_rc1.ex. Failover to server: main.
[20:23:04] Using the server profile: main
[20:23:06] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst
[20:23:06] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com
[20:23:06] Error: Can't open file "alias.ini"
[20:23:07] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst
[20:23:07] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst
[20:23:07] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com
[20:23:08] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates160/files.lst
[20:23:09] Language changed, was [en] now [en]
[20:23:09] Failed to download (files.lst) 3 times. Giving up.

Sorry... the game crashes before teh GLInfo actually shows, but this is what was last reported:

[11:03:28] Video card: Intel 945GM
[11:03:28] Vendor ID: Intel
[11:03:28] OpenGL Version: 1.4.0 - Build 4.14.10.4543
[11:03:28] Supported extensions: GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_cull_vertex GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture3D GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1 GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_WIN_swap_hint

Hope this helps. Back to 1.6.0 released client while I still can.

Seeya,

Stewbaby

Those who can't see the minimap, is it with or without framebuffer enabled? Try to toggle the framebuffer to see if there's any difference

Seeya,

Stewbaby

No, it doesn't. Please read the whole thread, then follow the suggestions, and see if you can replicate the results of others with a similar card.

Those who can't see the minimap, is it with or without framebuffer enabled? Try to toggle the framebuffer to see if there's any difference

Bingo! That did it :~) I got this msg on my screen and it now works... Shadow map size not supported! Shadow map size reduced to 768!

Thankyou.

~bug

Seeya,

Stewbaby

No, it doesn't. Please read the whole thread, then follow the suggestions, and see if you can replicate the results of others with a similar card.

Hope this helps intel do update the drivers for the intel 945GM heres the link

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Fi...01&lang=eng

Edited by dragon_23

i cant even get to the log in screen. a white client comes up and i see the blue loading bar. once it fills, the client crashes.

[17:44:16] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: 052008\el.exe". Failover to server: main.
[17:44:16] Using the server profile: main
[17:44:16] Could not read console.xml
[17:44:16] Could not read errors.xml
[17:44:16] Could not read help.xml
[17:44:16] Could not read options.xml
[17:44:16] Could not read spells.xml
[17:44:16] Could not read stats.xml
[17:44:16] Could not read titles.xml
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/font.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] Error: Can't open file "mapinfo.lst"
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/login_back.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/simple.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/flare1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/flare2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/flare3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/void1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/void2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/void3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/twinflare1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/twinflare2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/twinflare3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/twinflare4.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/twinflare5.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/inverse1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/inverse2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/inverse3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/inverse4.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/shimmer1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/shimmer2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/shimmer3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/crystal1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/crystal2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/crystal3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:25] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/water1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/water2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/water3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/leaf_maple.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/leaf_oak.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/leaf_ash.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/petal.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/snowflake.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/simple.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/flare1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/flare2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/flare3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/void1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/void2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/void3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/twinflare1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/twinflare2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/twinflare3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/twinflare4.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/twinflare5.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/inverse1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/inverse2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/inverse3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/inverse4.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/shimmer1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/shimmer2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/shimmer3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/crystal1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/crystal2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/crystal3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/water1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/water2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/water3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/leaf_maple.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/leaf_oak.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/leaf_ash.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/petal.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/32x32/snowflake.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/simple.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/flare1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/flare2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/flare3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/void1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/void2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/void3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/twinflare1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/twinflare2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/twinflare3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/twinflare4.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/twinflare5.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/inverse1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/inverse2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/inverse3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/inverse4.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/shimmer1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/shimmer2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/shimmer3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/crystal1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/crystal2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/crystal3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/water1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/water2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/water3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/leaf_maple.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/leaf_oak.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/leaf_ash.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/petal.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/64x64/snowflake.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/simple.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/flare1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/flare2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/flare3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/void1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/void2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/void3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/twinflare1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/twinflare2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/twinflare3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/twinflare4.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/twinflare5.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/inverse1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/inverse2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/inverse3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/inverse4.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/shimmer1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/shimmer2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/shimmer3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/crystal1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/crystal2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/crystal3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/water1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/water2.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/water3.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/leaf_maple.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/leaf_oak.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/leaf_ash.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/petal.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/snowflake.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file shaders/anim.vert in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] Error: Can't open file "harvestable.lst"
[17:44:26] Error: Can't open file "entrable.lst"
[17:44:26] Error opening mines configuration file: mines.xml
[17:44:26] Error opening sound configuration file
[17:44:26] Unable to read actor definition file actor_defs/actor_defs.xml
[17:44:26] Unable to read missiles definition file actor_defs/missile_defs.xml
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/gamebuttons.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/gamebuttons2.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/console.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./maps/legend.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:26] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/ground_detail.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/sigils.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)
[17:44:27] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"
[17:44:27] Error: Can't open file "mirrors.lst"
[17:44:27] An error occured while reading the rules
[17:44:27] The rules.xml file was not found. You will have to redownload your game.

ever since i downloaded it i havent even able to get into the regular client. iv downloaded and reinstalled a few times but it isnt working

Video card: RADEON 9200 Series DDR x86/SSE2

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 1.3.1072 WinXP Release

Edited by LeoI

can't seem to get the minimap onscreen at all... i'm told it's alt+m, but that just writes an 'm' in the chat line

can't see any switch for minimap in settings, i've tried all the combinations of alt, alt Gr, shift, ctrl and m but to no avail

alg+g for grab mode works fine though as does alt+b, n, h etc.

for info i'm using an azerty (french - ohhh lala) logitec s510 wireless keyboard

very sorry in advance if i've done something dumb