Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 170 Pre RC

AFAIK, the color of the water in the C1 portal room always has been like this. :(

Are you sure?

I just checked, and it looks like normal water to me... Reflections and everything.

Ok, I've just checked and in fact the color is changed when you enable reflection which is wrong IMO. For me, the good color is the one you see on the screenshot because it is the color of the original texture. Now, if the color is not good, it is more a map related bug.

If you don't have any objection, I'll fix the color change in order it uses the original texture color instead of a blue color.

Crashes as soon as I log on, I think the file is installed into the right place, I've turned off eye candy and turned on poor man but no result

EDIT: doesnt matter works now just can't run the program when the moons and suns are turned on for some strange reason

Edited by Valentine

Found a weird bug today that makes everyone look like they're in some sort of ninja costume....

Pic:

weirdclothes.jpg

It only is like this when the storage dialog box is in focus. I have yet to confirm that this happens at other storages (the picture was at the dp storage.)

Dell inspiron 1501

Maxine informed me this was a client side bug and the problem could be fixed by restarting the client.

Auror

Edited by auror

Ok.. I updated drivers and in less than 2 seconds of entering the game EL crashes on me on poor man setting.

Intel 82865G

OpenGL 1.3.0

Build 4.14.10.4396

I've recently been getting this:

bug12bx5.th.jpg

I closed the client but it just keeps happening. (Notice the characters & the floor.)

Video card: ATI Radeon 9600/9550/X1050 Series

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 2.1.7537 Release

I downloaded the latest drivers 2 days ago.

Yesterday a couple of times I pressed alt-M to bring up the minimap using the RC1 client and the client immediately locked up "not responding". I have been using the minimap all along on this client and this was the first time I had a problem with it. I used it later in a different place and it worked fine.

I was on the docks at Idaloran and it was daytime. There were no unusual messages in error_log.txt. My perception is 6 if it matters. I'm running Vista (32-bit) on AMD 64x2 on a Dell Inspiron 1721 if it matters.

I was wondering if the problem might be related to mines on the map but I did some testing and couldn 't trigger the problem that way.

Edited by Puntif

not a huge problem.. but has anyone noticed that if your harvesting and you resync with the server. you no longer have the harvest ing effect. you have to stop and start harvesting again to get the effect again.

The update worked well for me until I opened the options window and tried to close it again. I changed off of isometric view to see if I could use the other, and when I finished and closed options, I got the general windows error message about the program encountering a problem and had to close EL. I tried it a few more times, restarts and all that and got the same thing, even if I didn't make any changes in the options window, just opening and closing it seemed to throw something off. Otherwise I wasn't having any problems. I'm not sure why closing the options window would cause an error but it's definitely where things mess up for me. All that said, I'm a huge fan of the new sky and the minimap. Thanks to the recent death of my desktop pc, I'm running windows vista on a newish laptop...intel pentium dual CPU T2330 1.60 GHz, 2038 MB ram, video card is standard crappy factory Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset... I apologize for my lack of technical expertise and anything I missed. I attempted to update my driver but was told I have the most current one. Thanks!

Edit: This actually seems to happen in nordcarn, and it seems to be more related to the effect someone mentioned earlier of the walls, etc in the foreground gradually fading. I don't think it was necessarily the options window at all, but instead that effect when i changed my view. I have no problem just opening/closing options on other maps (or on the log in screen) and I didn't have a problem on my way into nordcarn, but now I'm unable to move without the error occurring. I will try and mess with my settings and see if on the most basic video I can get it to work again.

Final Edit I Swear: :mean: Alright found the problem. As pretty as the sky is, apparently my laptop can't handle it. I realized the option to turn the sky on was occurring by itself everytime I started the game. If I open options from the start window and disable the sky before going in, I don't have a problem playing. Sad but I'm guessing I'll have to skip the sky until I get back on the desktop pc. Sorry for all the confusion.

-Raven5

Edited by Raven5

not a huge problem.. but has anyone noticed that if your harvesting and you resync with the server. you no longer have the harvest ing effect. you have to stop and start harvesting again to get the effect again.

Known bug and I have no idea how to fix it.

Resync stops all effects.

The harvesting effect is not triggered by a server message, but by the string "You started ...".

Maybe someday there will be server controlled harvesting animations and the effect will no longer be needed.

Yesterday a couple of times I pressed alt-M to bring up the minimap using the RC1 client and the client immediately locked up "not responding". I have been using the minimap all along on this client and this was the first time I had a problem with it. I used it later in a different place and it worked fine.

This happened again today but this time I left the client alone for a couple of minutes and it eventually did produce a minimap although I had been eaten by the grue by the time it finished. This time I was in Irsis. After reconnecting to the server I was able to alt-M and turn the min-map off and on normally.

This happened again today but this time I left the client alone for a couple of minutes and it eventually did produce a minimap although I had been eaten by the grue by the time it finished. This time I was in Irsis. After reconnecting to the server I was able to alt-M and turn the min-map off and on normally.

This happens to me too, and i've tracked what causes it, for me anyway. It happens when you're near water, and have show reflections on, and then try to turn on the minimap. If you have show reflections off, it doesn't do this for me.