Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 170 Pre RC

EL170a.jpg

For people who have problems like this, try to play with the following options in the advanced video tab to see if it changes anything:

- compiled vertex array

- vertex buffer objects

- draw range elements

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but whenever you try to add a new buddy through the buddy window you always get the "This player is not online or there are too many players with this name" message, it works through #add_buddy <name> though

Works perfectly fine here. I don't remember that code even being touched this release. Can anyone else can confirm this?

While sitting at the Turquoise harvest location in Arius, I was looking around using the First Person view. Kudos on the lovely skybox work!

Well, I filled up my EMU, turned the camera and clicked on the cart. I then stood up, walked a few steps to the cart and the game crashed kicking me out.

After logging back in, I was at the destination and no longer in First Person view. Wondering if this was a problem, I re-entered First Person view, walked to the next place and was able to use it without being kicked out of the program. After emptying the minerals into storage and still in First person view, I managed to return to the Turquoise harvest without getting kicked out of the game.

I started harvesting again and when I was full again, still in First Person view, I clicked on the cart again and was kicked out of the game again.

Thought you would want to know.

Just a follow up on my first post for this thread (Prev Post) and some other observations.

The windowed chat thing I was talking about before - I checked while mixing stuff and noticed that if you click the title bar to move the window, click the X to close it or click and try to resize it, it acts as if you've clicked in the game itself, as if to walk (you see the green X flash like a destination point). You will quit mixing doing any of those actions.

On the subject of the red X appearing outside the minimap (as RubenVincent and Shujral mentioned earlier), the red X appears outside the minimap anytime the distance you chose to mapwalk is farther than the reach of the perimeter of the minimap. (Zoomed or not zoomed, so doesn't seem particularly related to the zooming of the minimap, afaik)

There was something else, but I can't find my notes on it - will get back to it if I remember... ;)

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but whenever you try to add a new buddy through the buddy window you always get the "This player is not online or there are too many players with this name" message, it works through #add_buddy <name> though

Works perfectly fine here. I don't remember that code even being touched this release. Can anyone else can confirm this?

Confirmed and fixed. It was a problem with the keypress handler. I would guess this breakage is a result of endless bugfixes to the text input widget a while ago.

The windowed chat thing I was talking about before - I checked while mixing stuff and noticed that if you click the title bar to move the window, click the X to close it or click and try to resize it, it acts as if you've clicked in the game itself, as if to walk (you see the green X flash like a destination point). You will quit mixing doing any of those actions.

Fixed.

As a side note, I really recommend the sit lock if you don't want to move while mixing.

A tiny thing almost not worth mentioning: when you use ctrl+space to complete partially typed nickname there is no space after the nickname (and there used to be one in the previous versions)

Sometimes on Windows all water reflections don't work. Instead the water is just plain black.

Can't isolate the problem yet. Happens during the day, I'll have to wait for the night.

Shader quality 2, framebuffer enabled.

Another thing: the new weather rain drops depend on the framerate. Set the framerate to 5 fps and the screen will be filled with way too long lines. This also happens when the framerate drops for some reason.

Already mentioned both of these problems:

1. When my fps are below 30 (and they are most of the time) I get this flickering-lineral-rain-effect.

2. The frame buffer is enabled, but still i've got black water when the shadows are on.

Try turning the shadows off (they are automatically turned off at night, that's why it happens only during the day.

The black water has already been reported in previous sky clients threads by molime and puntif and maybe some other people. I have strictly no idea why it is doing this but it's like your card has some problems to handle several frame buffers at the same time.

So the only fix for now is to disable the shadows or to disable the water shaders (by setting the water quality to 0).

BTW, this problem seems to happen only on some ATI cards.

Works fine for me including the sky, rain and mini-map. I haven't seen any weird graphical glitches. I am only playing as I normally do so I'm not testing zooming levels much as I don't normally. The water looks fine to me.

A tiny thing almost not worth mentioning: when you use ctrl+space to complete partially typed nickname there is no space after the nickname (and there used to be one in the previous versions)

The completion system was completely broken a few months ago, and what you're reporting here is caused by some major fixups I did. I was hoping nobody would notice.

I'll have a look and see if it can be fixed.

Havent found real problems yet. When i was walking past the caves in Nordcarn the cam suddely changed thats all. I love the sky view! :icon13: Its great!

Only problem with new client is minimap:

elscreen007.png

My computer is Acer Travelmate 5720 (laptop):

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz

ATI Mobility Radeon X2500

2 GB ram

Windows Vista Business

Think this was reported before, but better to be sure :whistle: At least Ent can't say that I didn't report the problem :P

Edited by Miiks

Hi there!

All running fine so far. Mini-Map working.

Also noticed that a new feature has been implemented using storage.

You can print contents of storage to console. Nice!

System: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual 6000 / WIN XP x64 Pro / 4 GB RAM / GeForce 8800 GT

Since I installed this client, I have had two hard crashes while training in Bethel (2 bricks). I don't know whether this is a client issue or whether my laptop is going TU, but here's a pic of the blue screen of death I've gotten after each crash:

crash6608yi7.jpg

Backing everything up now ^^

Another thing: the new weather rain drops depend on the framerate. Set the framerate to 5 fps and the screen will be filled with way too long lines. This also happens when the framerate drops for some reason.

fixed in CVS :P

Ozmondius, that's really strange. What OS do you have? XP?

Never seen an error like that before, it's either some really bad video drivers, or a hardware problem (a dead fan, bad video memory, etc.)

Do you have an Intel card?

Guest Normidore
Since I installed this client, I have had two hard crashes while training in Bethel (2 bricks). I don't know whether this is a client issue or whether my laptop is going TU, but here's a pic of the blue screen of death I've gotten after each crash:

crash6608yi7.jpg

Backing everything up now ^^

Ozmondius,

0x00000002 Error means that you have some registry corruption, and the VIDEOPRT.SYS errors are because you have reminance of your old video card drivers on the system (Did you remove the old ones before doing any upgrades?).

Download Crap Cleaner www.ccleaner.com get it to scan your registry and clean up any old references (Dont worry this program is very safe).

Then get the latest Video drivers for your graphic card, use Crap Cleaner to uninstall the old drivers, then get it to clean the registry so there are no old drivers hanging around, and do a complete fresh install of the new drivers on the system.

I am still working out why your getting the other errors, they are odd ones.

ROAR

Could be my video card, but the game runs in a jerky motion. Can be very annoying. Also, I seem to jut into cavern walls, (and so do some of the monsters). I have an intel video card. I am not complaining, just inputting how the update is working on my p4 computer:(

Could be my video card, but the game runs in a jerky motion. Can be very annoying. Also, I seem to jut into cavern walls, (and so do some of the monsters). I have an intel video card. I am not complaining, just inputting how the update is working on my p4 computer:(

And your fps would be..?

Ozmondius, that's really strange. What OS do you have? XP?

Never seen an error like that before, it's either some really bad video drivers, or a hardware problem (a dead fan, bad video memory, etc.)

Do you have an Intel card?

Yes, I really think my laptop is just going FUBAR and nothing to do with EL. I have XP pro. We replaced the fan when you noted it may be a problem previously. My card is ATI. Will look into replacing this PoS. Tx Ent.