Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chosen

wtf @ breakrates

brod also breaks good too. check out scarr's post.

Well, Radu said:

the check for determining if weapons or equipment breaks have been changed to happen each time there is a hit, regardless of damage.

My interpretation of this is that before that update, when you hit with a weapon and didn't do any damage, there was no chance for it to break.

This is a much more common occurrence for a low damage weapon like a BRoD or BoD, so makes sense that those weapons would break more now than they used to... as opposed to say, an Orc Slayer, of which no one should notice increased breakage with.

Edited by Korrode

Actually I have to say that I am going through a hell of a lot more pickaxes than normal in the past few days or so too (I lost count after 15 in one session)

From Agneum's log I have given her 36 pickaxes in the last week and taken 48 from her. I have probably pulled around 40+ from storage (when I grab 6 for her I grab one for myself too).

IIRC I have given away 4 or 5, but even so I do not recall ever having this many pickaxe breakages in a single week (and coincidentally the same week immediately following a server update).

I don't mind, I have hundreds in storage anyway but it has got to me on a few occasions where I have had pick after pick after pick break on me.

last week or so i been harving diamonds for the first time and getting a lot of breaks, once got 70 diamonds with 3 picks, i just assumed diamonds break your pick more, makes RPing sense really.

Not sure Korrode. Although as I mentioned, havent broken anything but 2 second-hand tit long swords in 20+mil fighting exp. and my normal armor is (aug torso, aug pants, steel shield, moon medallion, iron helm, leather boots). Whatever he did is making my training very cheap now

Not sure Korrode. Although as I mentioned, havent broken anything but 2 second-hand tit long swords in 20+mil fighting exp. and my normal armor is (aug torso, aug pants, steel shield, moon medallion, iron helm, leather boots). Whatever he did is making my training very cheap now

The way I see it, is if you wear cheap armour for training you dont really notice the break rates ( I know I dont).. but as soon as you use an expensive item and it poofs it stands out,just from the cost of the item lost and it seems like crappy break rates when it proberbly isnt

Edited by conavar

seriously, as ent came with the update "new bug fix" where the armor breakrate got changed i broke red dragon greaves in the first fight after 4 hits. now i didn't damage anything at all the last 3 weeks

What the fuck is the breakrate on COLs? I've broken 2 in the space of 2 fights.. It's fucking stupid.. And don't say it's bad luck.

#Edit - Spelling..

Karma. :brooding:

Of all people, you shouldn't be whining about breaking stuff.

@Topic: My CoL has been gathering dust in storage for this reason. I refuse to use it fighting on non-NDDs (I couldn't afford to replace it) and I sparsely take it out on those days due to the fact I was kinda useless in invasions (couldn't hit yeti/dragon/giants/anything above chims).

NDD has nothing to do with breakrates.... and if you can't afford to loose your CoL, carry a rosto :brooding:

@Topic: My CoL has been gathering dust in storage for this reason. I refuse to use it fighting on non-NDDs (I couldn't afford to replace it) and I sparsely take it out on those days due to the fact I was kinda useless in invasions (couldn't hit yeti/dragon/giants/anything above chims).

NDD has nothing to do with breakrates.... and if you can't afford to loose your CoL, carry a rosto :devlish:

Thank you captain obvious, your quick-witted pick up of my erroneous post amazes me, do you work at the Pentagon?

Please tell me where I said NDD altered the break rates? If you're not even going to read what I post, please don't try to score off me, ty :P

What's the point in blowing 17k on a rostogol, only to get killed instantly when giants invade?

only 2 secondhand tit swords breaking iirc

(EDIT: spelling)

There are no second hand items. Unless you mean damaged.

I am pretty sure, he meant pre-owned sword, hence damaged one :icon13:

I am pretty sure, he meant pre-owned sword, hence damaged one :icon13:

That does not make it damaged. There is no difference from a new sword <just manufactured> to a sword your friend gave you after using.

[09:23:49] Your Second Hand Titanium Long Sword has been destroyed

Some damaged/degraded items are actually called 'second hand'. Like the titanium long sword.

[09:23:49] Your Second Hand Titanium Long Sword has been destroyed

Some damaged/degraded items are actually called 'second hand'. Like the titanium long sword.

Please accept my apologies. I was under the impression weapons did not degrade like armor.

That does not make it damaged. There is no difference from a new sword <just manufactured> to a sword your friend gave you after using.

The damaged items in EL are called "pre-owned", "used", or "second hand", like:

Used Iron Axe

Pre-Owned Serpent Sword

Second Hand Steel Long Sword

(thank you to CEL for which is called what :icon13:link)

Edit: typo in the link

Edited by Theryndan

Despite the confusion over the terms "used" or "second hand", the above is correct. Armor and weapons do not carry individual attributes and there is no difference between a freshly made item and one that has been used for a period of time.

dunno... i'm testing my aug set, atm done 3.2 million xp with it it didn't break yet... WTG :] time for good luck for me eh ? :confused:

but my bro broke his col also on gthe last pk event...

My augmented leather torso broke after 22 ogres and 20 trolls. !!!!!!!!!!! My col and Mol were both unharmed.

yes i agree mirror cape price is too much...

Low drop rate, high break rate... laybe save and invest in some mirror greaves (300k for greaves, 8-10k for cape) its 30-40 mirror capes :)

i found 1 the other day :icon13:

I can't wait to start Manu'ing Tit Greaves. (Wants Mirror Greaves.) :icon13:

But yeah, I broke 2-3 Mirrors, but I was buying them @ 4k each, and selling for 10k. :)

I can't wait to start Manu'ing Tit Greaves. (Wants Mirror Greaves.) :w00t:

But yeah, I broke 2-3 Mirrors, but I was buying them @ 4k each, and selling for 10k. :)

Yep that works so good :D i did that too :icon13: was buying around 4-5k and sold alot for 12k xD

But yeah mirror capes break much nowadays but c'mon dont cry us a river...

-Kad

i must have a bad week because the last 3 days i broke

1 red dragon greaves

3 cotu : during ndd, all broke in 15 minutes

2 cols : today : total hours training : 2hours30mins

1 tit shield

i hate when that happens :(