Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chosen

wtf @ breakrates

What the fuck is the breakrate on COLs? I've broken 2 in the space of 2 fights.. It's fucking stupid.. And don't say it's bad luck.

#Edit - Spelling..

Edited by Chosen

I think it is just bad luck. Since Entropy changed the break rate a little while back, i have gone about 20 mil OA fighting experience with no armor breaking and only 2 secondhand tit swords breaking iirc. No complaints here.

(EDIT: spelling)

Edited by LevinMage

82924874hp4.th.jpg

Thats just to make it better.

I've spent 200k on shit in 2 days, and it keeps breaking.. I'm gonna go buy a branch of destruction soon if this shit dosnt stop, and brod people.

Yes I have quit, but I'm gonna never play again once I brod people.

So someone sell me a branch of destruction.

#Edit - Changed some text.

Edited by Chosen

Yes I have quit, but I'm gonna never play again once I brod people.

So someone sell me a branch of destruction.

#Edit - Changed some text.

Gotta give it to ya, you sure are original with the excuses :D

Want some cheese with your whine?

Your guildtag lies, and you stole it. Lal.

Haven't broken anything since the update (armour wise), and I train in full tit on fluffs with low p/c, so I get hit alot :D

take nmt perk :pickaxe:

if it was in training with NMT, dont TS your def (as much) ;)

I realise they're not the answers you wanna hear, but they'd work :D

What the fuck is the breakrate on COLs? I've broken 2 in the space of 2 fights.. It's fucking stupid.. And don't say it's bad luck.

#Edit - Spelling..

Bad luck sorry... Btw, you still havent realized? EL doesnt like you!!! :pickaxe: And if you brod people, i ll brod ya :D Fair enough, eh? ;):P

-Kad

Actually I have to say that I am going through a hell of a lot more pickaxes than normal in the past few days or so too (I lost count after 15 in one session)

From Agneum's log I have given her 36 pickaxes in the last week and taken 48 from her. I have probably pulled around 40+ from storage (when I grab 6 for her I grab one for myself too).

IIRC I have given away 4 or 5, but even so I do not recall ever having this many pickaxe breakages in a single week (and coincidentally the same week immediately following a server update).

I don't mind, I have hundreds in storage anyway but it has got to me on a few occasions where I have had pick after pick after pick break on me.

maybe the cols have bad astro today? :pickaxe:

mine degraded too, and i know of at least one other guildie. Then again, this col lasted me nearly a month, and with the amount of training I have been doing that is surprisingly long, even with NMT and skeptic.

Sorry to say, but apart from being stupid.. It IS bad luck.

You break 2 CoLs close together and it's "WTF OMFGZ break rate!!!1!!!11" I been training tons since before and after the break rate adjustment. I been talking with people who do the same. No one has had similar experiences. You, my friend, are what is statistically referred to as an outlier.

That means it's bad luck. :pickaxe:

It's bad luck.

:pickaxe:

S.

I don't fight very much at all, but I got two col's damaged within days of each other and Tankel broke them both. This was several months ago, since then I've had the same col. Just to say, dung happens, even at low levels, so I'd think it happens at higher levels even more since those monsters hit even harder.

lilcnoot

i took skeptic and nmt perk and I dont hardly break nothin :pickaxe: Although I DID have nmt b4 skeptic and damaged my col :/

#Edit - Spelling..

Bad luck sorry... Btw, you still havent realized? EL doesnt like you!!! :pickaxe:

-Kad

not true. speak for yourself, not the community.

I don't fight very much at all, but I got two col's damaged within days of each other and Tankel broke them both. This was several months ago, since then I've had the same col. Just to say, dung happens, even at low levels, so I'd think it happens at higher levels even more since those monsters hit even harder.

lilcnoot

On the contrary, I'd say it effects lower-levels more, as monsters hit more often. I believe the amount of damage taken is (now) irrelevant when calculating break rates, merely how much the monster actually hits you. I'm not sure if this is true, but I think lower levels (who get hit more times) have a higher chance to break than higher levels who get hit rarely but by strong attacks.

@Topic: My CoL has been gathering dust in storage for this reason. I refuse to use it fighting on non-NDDs (I couldn't afford to replace it) and I sparsely take it out on those days due to the fact I was kinda useless in invasions (couldn't hit yeti/dragon/giants/anything above chims).

I feel sorry for your loss Chosen, but please don't BroD me :pickaxe:

@Aislar: I'm pretty sure Kaddy tried to make a bad joke work ;)

Edited by Aphistolas

On the contrary, I'd say it effects lower-levels more, as monsters hit more often. I believe the amount of damage taken is (now) irrelevant when calculating break rates, merely how much the monster actually hits you. I'm not sure if this is true, but I think lower levels (who get hit more times) have a higher chance to break than higher levels who get hit rarely but by strong attacks.

I'm quite interested to hear everyone's theories on what they think Radu did in THIS update, when he stated "now the items should, under certain circumstances, break less.".

I haven't done much testing on different creatures or armor setups, but in my normal training im wearing armor that absorbs all non-critical damage, and i haven't broke much... so maybe the break rate is reduced if all damage was absorbed.

Another speculation is that perhaps there's a calculation of your defense level VS opponents attack level... as i train with my def level well over the attack level of teh fluffy.

I'm quite interested to hear everyone's theories on what they think Radu did in THIS update, when he stated "now the items should, under certain circumstances, break less.".

I haven't done much testing on different creatures or armor setups, but in my normal training im wearing armor that absorbs all non-critical damage, and i haven't broke much... so maybe the break rate is reduced if all damage was absorbed.

Another speculation is that perhaps there's a calculation of your defense level VS opponents attack level... as i train with my def level well over the attack level of teh fluffy.

Could be true, I been trained in nexus 0-2 stuff for 12m oa xp.

Broke 1 Aug pants, 1 Leather boots + bones. Nothing more.

Too easy lol.