Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chosen

Suggestion - Change to ROP Formula.

Ok..

They used to be used alot, but now I never see anyone using them.. Then I checked the formula, and it's so expensive for what they do..

Formula:

1 Binding Stone

10 Rings of Damage

50 Death Essences

Cost of Ings: Somewhere around 9k. (Depending on how much you pay for B.Stone).

Now, they only do 50 damage, may seem alot to some, but when you think normal ROD (Ring Of Damage.) does 20 damage, and costs something like 90-100gc each, it seems pointless paying 9k for something that does only a little more damage.

So I was thinking of changing the Formula to something like this:

New Formula:

10 Rings of Damage

50 Death Essences

Cost of Ings: Now it's somewhere around 1.3k, something like that.. Not cheap, but cheap eough to be used more.

The same as above, just without the Binding, so the price is reduced, and they can be used more, of course the cooldown time for one of these will need to be changed, to something like 45 seconds maybe.

Comments/Suggestions to this?

#Edit - Ofcourse, these will not work if the opponent has Cotu (Red Cape) on, like the MD/MMD Rings, and damage rings.

Edited by Chosen

Fair suggestion, though Id like it the 2-3k range.

IMO 1.3k is quite cheap for making a 100% kill. (If used correctly :evilgrin:)

Edited by Manderijn

Well, it's not gonna be 1.3k, I just checked..

10 Damage Rings = 900-1000gc.

50 Death Essences = 500-750gc.

So I mean, maybe something else could be added to the formula, not sure what though, just to increase the price a little.

What about something like Black powder, or something like that? :]

#Edit - To Erma, I think increasing the damage would do nothing but make them worse than now, 50 damage is quite alot, if it got put up to 100, thats like another Bone of Death, kinda lame.. Reducing the Formula, and lowering the price is better, IMO.

Edited by Chosen

On changing the damage done by RoP:

It doesn't have to be a fixed amount of hit points, it could be defined in other ways. For example, inflicting damage equal to 50% of the targets remaining health. So, you couldn't kill somebody with RoP alone; it would be ineffective against weak targets, but a potent leveller against high-health opponents.

This may place the item in a different niche tactically, rather than just being a bigger version of the RoD.

Alternatively, there are still other forms of "damage" which are not exploited enough in the game -- damage to attributes, nexus, or skill levels.

I think it's probably best to calculate with a more realistic price, which would be more around 200 (I don't know exactly) for damage rings. Don't forget the formula changed a while back, they're way more expensive to make than dis rings.

Not sure why they've still been for sale for little for so long, maybe a lot of leftover from the old drops; but lately that seems to be changing. I sure won't sell damage rings for 90-100 :evilgrin:

reasonable suggestion, would be in the 2k price range and that seems logical imo that the MMD rings are like 2k+ too, and burning opponents 50 mana does more damage then hitting him for 50 points, so even the "new" ROP formula would be nice.

would also add strategy and a new used item into PKing + more lost rostos for sure :evilgrin:

I think it's probably best to calculate with a more realistic price, which would be more around 200 (I don't know exactly) for damage rings. Don't forget the formula changed a while back, they're way more expensive to make than dis rings.

Not sure why they've still been for sale for little for so long, maybe a lot of leftover from the old drops; but lately that seems to be changing. I sure won't sell damage rings for 90-100 :D

Ah ok. I didn't know that, I just go on what price I see.. Well, if they are that price, thats even better. :)

:evilgrin:

I would vote for increasing damage, be it fixed or based on something. 50 dmg and cooldown is pretty useless even for the reduced formula

Edited by vytukas

I would vote for increasing damage, be it fixed or based on something. 50 dmg and cooldown is pretty useless even for the reduced formula

yeah lets make them deal 150 damage + cooldown + mana burn + brod, you will be happy with it?? FFS...

-Kad

So Kadlub what's your point? Are you happy with item that does 50 dmg and nobody uses it because of its price?

Edited by vytukas

50 damage is quite sufficient, if used in a smart way (smart way means team work, btw).

It can do 400 damage if used right, which is instant kill for any player.

As for the suggestion, I think it is a good one, I will consider it.

:D 8 invisible guys around you and all RoP instantly :D

Ok maybe that's fun I take back my previous comments

8-10k each ROP.

8*9000 = 72k

Player dead = 17k rosto.

Hardly worth it, and with the damage of Harms now, it's reeeally not worth it, 2 harms = 280hp player dead.

#Edit - Thanks for considering it Ent. :medieval:

Edited by Chosen

well i agree they should either be strong or cheaper but, if you are comparing the difference in price than i would say what about srs and emps? srs about 14gc each and eps about 350gc each and they heal 20 mana and 50 mana respectively so its like the ring of power and the ring of damage isint it?

Further more its not the total damage add up together that you want, its the instant damage that it deals because if u use 3 rings of damage = 60 damage and theres cooldown and the person can restor in time but if you were to do 60 damage instantly without the need to wait for cooldown the guy can die.So what you are really payying for is the instant damage that it inflicts instead of the total damage added up together.

Edited by PriVate

I have a better idea:

Leave the formula as it is, but produce more rings (maybe 5 or so). Then the price would be around 2K per ring.

that actually sounds rly nice. 2k each is also a nice price compared to MMD rings, since they'r around that too (and also deadly, if used right.)

I have a better idea:

Leave the formula as it is, but produce more rings (maybe 5 or so). Then the price would be around 2K per ring.

Yeah, cool. :) I just think they needed to be changed. :) Thanks ent. ;)