Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Mines, and a new perk

just a reminder to everyone dont forget to try and blow (cycloon) entity up a few weeks after the perk comes out

ooops did I just say that ;) sowwy I feel bad now

*edit* changed cycloon to Entity , the ingame name lol

Edited by Ateh

yay \o/ hehe They haven't made one yet that I wouldn't take Count me in :P

Thiught we were playing WoW now :P

I reached my cap on wow.. level 70 & I ran out of armor to progress... n guild only raids black temple once a week :(

yay \o/ hehe They haven't made one yet that I wouldn't take Count me in :P

Thiught we were playing WoW now :(

I reached my cap on wow.. level 70 & I ran out of armor to progress... n guild only raids black temple once a week :(

Lol, your account is shit compared to what it was, :) a few more PP wont make any difference. :P

hehe :)

In the time I get the perk mines will be forgotten again (and this topic ;p)

People were saying such things also about our dearest Leonard, yet hunting him still remains popular despite of months passing by .... I'm sure same goes for the new mines, especially if that perk becomes popular ...

The thing is, you can hunt leonard "for free". Actually you might benefit from leonard. But you can't blow up several mines without using and losing money. The moment you can earn something the player will be wearing armors and col so low damage and high health.

I'm sure a pm from an angry player who has been just blown up is priceless for a substantial part of the EL community :):)

Since the formulas for RC mines and detonators have now been revealed, this is a much more attractive perk. The mines are about 500gc and the detonators 6k (they are one use only), so it is very expensive for someone to camp outside the hell exit.

If you die, just afk in the underworld for a while. Every 5 minutes your stalker would have to place 9 more mines down, costing him another 4500gc.

I think hell should be safe, and the perk should give 6 pps. In future (not yet, i dont need more pps :P) this perk would be 'one' i will take

P.S. i love the name of this perk ;)

Edited by extrapolation

Since the formulas for RC mines and detonators have now been revealed, this is a much more attractive perk. The mines are about 500gc and the detonators 6k (they are one use only), so it is very expensive for someone to camp outside the hell exit.

If you die, just afk in the underworld for a while. Every 5 minutes your stalker would have to place 9 more mines down, costing him another 4500gc.

I think hell should be safe, and the perk should give 6 pps. In future (not yet, i dont need more pps :P) this perk would be 'one' i will take

P.S. i love the name of this perk ;)

I think maybe you should go back to the first grade and learn the fine art of reading.

BTW, the RC mines will only last for about 5 minutes, to prevent camping issues.

Because of that, people will not usually camp at the UW exits, the mines will be kind of expensive, and if they don't get anyone in 5 minutes, they lose them.

well .. hmm yeah i must have forgotten that :P

I posted because seeing the actual prices for stuff helped make my decision about the perk a lot more final

I'll shut up and go now ;)

[23:56:57] radu: the mines price will be a little higher than the small mine

[23:57:07] radu: the detonators will require ELE

[23:57:23] radu: 10 detonators for an ELE

Taken from some of the chatlog when we were all testing the RC mines a couple days ago. ;)

#Edit - Spelling.

Edited by Chosen

Taken from some of the chatlog when we were all testing the RC mines a couple days ago. ;)

#Edit - Spelling.

Well I appreciate your efforts to make me look like more of an idiot than I have already managed myself :), but that's local chat, and I've checked my logs, I wasn't there when he said it.

#Edit - Spelling.

Well I appreciate your efforts to make me look like more of an idiot than I have already managed myself :), but that's local chat, and I've checked my logs, I wasn't there when he said it.

I wasn't trying to do that at all. :) I was just showing what he said, this was later on when we we're at the Hazmat storage.

That would have to be multiple perks to have different variations on damage. If the perk was coded to add gelatine bones type damage it could give a couple more pick points. If gelatine bones can be done then I would guess a double gelatine bones type of damage could be coded as well. How hard it is to make the damage only apply to mines is beyond me completely. That is the only way I can think of doing it though. 10 extra points of damage per mine though I think would make at least a 10 point perk. :) I would say it is worth a minimum of six points the way it is. That means 5 extra points would make it an 8 point perk.

I also don't know how hard it would be to add two or three perks instead of one but you asked how so I suggested a way. :whistle:

Tirun