Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Mines, and a new perk

Better will be "No Mix" negative perk for 10 pp ;)
and a fitting "no fighting" perk for jezebelle pls.

Both good ideas actually, imo ^^

A bit too nice for harvester alts on teh PK srv tho :pickaxe:

BTW, the RC mines will only last for about 5 minutes, to prevent camping issues.

Because of that, people will not usually camp at the UW exits, the mines will be kind of expensive, and if they don't get anyone in 5 minutes, they lose them.

The strategy that I see is this:

Get a high engineering buddy, go invisible near a PvEer, place the mines, then boom.

Reading these two statements (and the word "add"), does that mean a higher level engineer using a RC mine could deal more than 50 damage (with armor and all subtracted from that)?

I think people would be interested in what the maximum possible damage could be. For example, if the additional damage is your engineering level, then a level 40 engineer setting such a mine would start at 90 damage (50 + 40). It would make a big difference to people if the max was say 100 (50 + eng level) versus say for example 55 (50 + eng/10).

The formula will be: base damage+ engineering/5.

I am going to decrease all the base damages by 5, so if you have 25 engineering it will be like it is now, and more than 25 (in 5 level increments) will be a bonus.

Is the damage affected by the engineering level of the person who manufactured the mine or the person placing it?

I am going to decrease all the base damages by 5, so if you have 25 engineering it will be like it is now, and more than 25 (in 5 level increments) will be a bonus.

Are you serious about this? They already do way too low damage imo. If you are serious this perk should only be like 2-3 pp and not more.

My first concern was that players(engineers who want a laugh) may line the entrance points on maps with these new mines. It's understandable that there is a 5 minute time limit and the damage formula seems just imo. It would be easy enough to live with - just have to remember the tele ess and the CoL. ;)

4PP

Edited by Zenial

Are you serious about this? They already do way too low damage imo. If you are serious this perk should only be like 2-3 pp and not more.

Yes, right, because elvel 25 engineering is so hard to get to.

6k ashes :devlish:

Still the damage is low, even at level 25. If you hold the original damage you would atleast be able to get like 10 extra damage at level 50 (and that is a quite high level for most players).

I'm level 36 engineering and I won't really use them anyway because the chance you kill someone is like 0,2% (or he needs to be AFK, and because of rosto you won't earn anything anyway).

People dont always carry more than 1 rosto, just boom someone and contact with an engineer friend to boom him again :devlish:

People dont always carry more than 1 rosto, just boom someone and contact with an engineer friend to boom him again :devlish:

And you think that a smart player will let him boom a second time? If you manage to kill someone he will be afk, so it will take long before he comes out of UW and then like MP said, just ask someone to do suicide to take your stuff and then come out. And if you have this perk you can just carry more rostos with you, no big deal.

Still the damage is low, even at level 25. If you hold the original damage you would atleast be able to get like 10 extra damage at level 50 (and that is a quite high level for most players).

I'm level 36 engineering and I won't really use them anyway because the chance you kill someone is like 0,2% (or he needs to be AFK, and because of rosto you won't earn anything anyway).

I am not sure what you mean. Instead of being happy that now your mines will do 2 more damage than before, you complain that they don't do 7 more damage? Is that it?

I am not sure what you mean. Instead of being happy that now your mines will do 2 more damage than before, you complain that they don't do 7 more damage? Is that it?

Basicly yes. But really, how is someone supposed to kill someone with a COL who has like 300HP with mines that do 50 damage? You need like 6 mines close to that person :P Yes you can kill them with 2-3 mines when they run naked, but they wouldn't probably drop much then so also no reason to kill them.

So I still believe this perk shouldn't give more than 2-3pp

Basicly yes. But really, how is someone supposed to kill someone with a COL who has like 300HP with mines that do 50 damage? You need like 6 mines close to that person :P Yes you can kill them with 2-3 mines when they run naked, but they wouldn't probably drop much then so also no reason to kill them.

Ok, I think I am having one of the "are you fucking kidding me" moments.

It's more or less like saying: "How am I supposed to kill someone in dragon armor with an iron sword???", or "How am I supposed to kill someone that wears a CoL with a Harm spell???"

Did it dawn to you that maybe there is a reason why the small mines are called "SMALL mines"?

perk must cost, 8-10pp, and more GC(50k+) perk, peoples must know what they do, I have strategy to kill some1 without RC mines, while he/she not AFK, and if he wear 2 rostos

Edited by loly

The formula will be: base damage+ engineering/5.

oh nice, i'm leveling eng now...let's clean nca a bit :P

about the perk, 5 pps are enough imo, and i wont take it (pr0 afker).

OT: can we have the same logic applied to summons? (maybe crit hit/dmg = [charm+summ]/5)

Ok, I think I am having one of the "are you fucking kidding me" moments.

It's more or less like saying: "How am I supposed to kill someone in dragon armor with an iron sword???", or "How am I supposed to kill someone that wears a CoL with a Harm spell???"

Did it dawn to you that maybe there is a reason why the small mines are called "SMALL mines"?

Did I say I wanted to kill them all with 1 mine? No I said that it will be hard to kill someone so the negative perk won't be really negative so the amount of pp it should give should be pretty low. You asked for the amount of PP it should give, so I say it should be low.

Or you want to give people more than 3pp for a perk that isn't really dangerous? (then I would have a "are you fucking kidding me" moment)

If you would give more pp for it, I guess a lot of people would again have a lot of free pp.

Or you want to give people more than 3pp for a perk that isn't really dangerous? (then I would have a "are you fucking kidding me" moment)

If you would give more pp for it, I guess a lot of people would again have a lot of free pp.

Pm me, when u take this perk. :P

Pm me, when u take this perk. :P

I wouldn't bother, best you can get from me is a pickaxe :rolleyes:

Edited by Cycloonx

I wouldn't bother, best you can get from me is a pickaxe ;)

So then why don't you get it, if it's sooooo good, and it's basically free PPs?

I wouldn't bother, best you can get from me is a pickaxe :)

So then why don't you get it, if it's sooooo good, and it's basically free PPs?

Did I say I wouldn't get it? ;) Not in the first weeks ofcourse because then everyone is still amused with this thing, but it will be left alone in a month for sure.

Did I say I wouldn't get it? ;) Not in the first weeks ofcourse because then everyone is still amused with this thing, but it will be left alone in a month for sure.

Oh, ok, great.

Of coruse, if you later on change your mind and decide you want to do more than AFK harvesting, it will kind of suck :)

Oh, ok, great.

Of coruse, if you later on change your mind and decide you want to do more than AFK harvesting, it will kind of suck :)

No one will care to kill me in some weeks, i'm pretty sure about that :P And I don't really harvest anymore, just buy all ingreds I need :)