Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Mines, and a new perk

For me it highly depends on how much damage can be made.

If I go afk for 5 min, and someone could place mines, which assure me to die 100%, I wouldnt take the perk...

Thrice is and will always be perkless so I won't even consider the perk.

Very dangerous and evil indeed. Finally, mixers/engineers can be ebul - I know I would place my mines near crowded places like VotD sto (e.g. under the arch between VotD and KF) for the fun of it...

Edited by Thrice

Seems like just an other "free" pp perk for pkers.

All these people talking about too high risks... I don't get it.

You can see mines some tiles away with perception you see them miles away, you even get a text warning.

It needs several mines to kill somebody with good armour it will cost the assassin thousands of gc to kill somebody (hopefully it will get easier for engineers) and for what? a pro drop?

unlikely.. People with the perk will just run/sit around naked, go afk in safe zones (guild maps / underworld) or hide in random house no.1037. When they are up to some action they tool up and before someone laid enough mines to kill them, they simply go some steps away and several k's worth of mines are spent useless. So people will think 3 times before they try it again next time.

For safe zones, only underworld should be really safe (you can still get there without dieing) else there wouldn't be much negative left.

Only problem might be 'camping in underworld' but isn't that the place where we want the pkers anyway :evilgrin:

So it has to be well balanced, 5pp should be more than enough and mines from engineers should be quite powerful.

I love the RC mines/storable in normal storages/does more damage ideas, awesome!

As for the perk, you all should take it! I will mine all of you like crazy :evilgrin: as for storages, so many sto's in game and mines only last 20 mins, so unlikely someone will waste many mines on every sto every 20 minutes.

IP/UW safe, portals room will make it too easy to go afk when needed, but IP at least gives them an option.

engineering updates = I waste gc to level, so ent wins ofc :D

~KgN

This would be yet another neg perk perfectly suitable for exactly the type of player who already has too many "free" pickpoints from neg perks. Nothing would be accomplished aside from widening the gap between strong fighers and those playing catch-up.

After 48cap neg perks r not so overpowered like they were before, before 10 pps from hellspawn meant +10coord(so much stronger in pk and against monsters + additional 100 emu), now it only means +10 will or vit, which isnt that much :evilgrin:

And as always, some neg perks might be good for specific player while some other perks r really pain in the ass for this particular player, but "free" pickpoints for person who has a different playing style.

mp

Forgot about instinct and resoning? 10 pps in that for a player with same a/d will make you pwn him ^^

This would be yet another neg perk perfectly suitable for exactly the type of player who already has too many "free" pickpoints from neg perks. Nothing would be accomplished aside from widening the gap between strong fighers and those playing catch-up.

After 48cap neg perks r not so overpowered like they were before, before 10 pps from hellspawn meant +10coord(so much stronger in pk and against monsters + additional 100 emu), now it only means +10 will or vit, which isnt that much :evilgrin:

And as always, some neg perks might be good for specific player while some other perks r really pain in the ass for this particular player, but "free" pickpoints for person who has a different playing style.

mp

Forgot about instinct and resoning? 10 pps in that for a player with same a/d will make you pwn him ^^

Most of the top end PK'ers should have close to that anyways, espc the top negged ones.. Like you, sia, quimb, pkduck.. etc etc..

After 48cap neg perks r not so overpowered like they were before, before 10 pps from hellspawn meant +10coord(so much stronger in pk and against monsters + additional 100 emu), now it only means +10 will or vit, which isnt that much :P

mp

Most of the top end PK'ers should have close to that anyways, espc the top negged ones.. Like you, sia, quimb, pkduck.. etc etc..

I can tell you..it isnt so easy to get 4 x 48 + rest for will / vit :bow_arrow:

still takes 44 x4 + 16 (will/vit) +7 nex = 199 PP you have to get somewhere.

Edited by Ambrosius

Truly and evil perk. Just sit at VoTD sto and wait for people to come out of KF - boom! :bow_arrow: It'll be great for getting rid of rostos from high level fighters and thus more bricks for Ent. I like the idea of being able to PK high level fighters in non-PK maps where they can't attack me. :P This just keeps getting more and more fun as I think about all the possibilities.

I, for one, won't be taking the perk. Too costly to die much the way I play. I also like to be AFK a lot, not a good perk for my style of play.

Truly and evil perk. Just sit at VoTD sto and wait for people to come out of KF - boom! :bow_arrow: It'll be great for getting rid of rostos from high level fighters and thus more bricks for Ent. I like the idea of being able to PK high level fighters in non-PK maps where they can't attack me. :P This just keeps getting more and more fun as I think about all the possibilities.

I, for one, won't be taking the perk. Too costly to die much the way I play. I also like to be AFK a lot, not a good perk for my style of play.

Dont get your hopes up...ppl with high enough perception (usually fighters cuz of reasoning/instinct) can just see the mines.

That wont change btw...i mean the lvl of visibility wont change for the mines?

Edited by Ambrosius

Seems like just an other "free" pp perk for pkers.

All these people talking about too high risks... I don't get it.

Imagine being PK'd in KF with thermy, black dragon armor, SoM, CoL, etc. You land in the UW where some engineer has placed 10 mines at the UW entry point. He triggers the remote as you enter UW with your 5 hp and you're dead again, leaving an incredible bag, and possibly landing in a different entry point not near your db.

Imagine participating in an invasion with NMT, titanium armor, js, CoL, etc. You land in UW and proceed to C2 UW exit. Some engineer has placed 10 mines at the UW exit, detonates them as you exit and you leave a nice db in the ida cemetary as you are relocated again to the C2 UW.

Risk enough, I'd say.

Maybe to make it a trully neg perk , a posisitve perk should go with it

ie: 6th sense ( " I see dead people " )

cost : 3pp

Allows people with this perk to see who has taken the "One" ( wether through differant colour name or target symbol beside it )

:bow_arrow:

Not a bad idea but rather than a perk probably suits some form of ingame item. Maybe a "scanner" which could be manufactured under engineering or high level drop. Quite an expensive item I'd say. Then we could move arrows under crafting :P

Allows people with this perk to see who has taken the "One" ( wether through differant colour name or target symbol beside it )

Not a bad idea but rather than a perk probably suits some form of ingame item. Maybe a "scanner" which could be manufactured under engineering or high level drop. Quite an expensive item I'd say. Then we could move arrows under crafting :P

After a while it should be easy enough to tellwho has it and who doesnt. You could always camp at wraith in IP after update, see which high levels/medium levels go there, try a caltrop on them first (cheap) later mine them to pieces :) should be more commen knowledge after a while, maybe will make bounty hunting a lot more interesting, maybe if a simular perk so you can be ranged on regular map... forget that one, too abusable :)

~KgN

Maybe the scanner could act like an invasionmeter and not point out individual people but tells you how many on a map

Imagine being PK'd in KF with thermy, black dragon armor, SoM, CoL, etc. You land in the UW where some engineer has placed 10 mines at the UW entry point. He triggers the remote as you enter UW with your 5 hp and you're dead again, leaving an incredible bag, and possibly landing in a different entry point not near your db.

Imagine participating in an invasion with NMT, titanium armor, js, CoL, etc. You land in UW and proceed to C2 UW exit. Some engineer has placed 10 mines at the UW exit, detonates them as you exit and you leave a nice db in the ida cemetary as you are relocated again to the C2 UW.

Risk enough, I'd say.

1. How often do you die? (I try to minimize my trips to underworld.)
  2. Restore before you leave underworld!
  3. You can still ask someone to check the uw exit/ida cemetery, whether the evil engineer is there.
  4. The evil engineer can't sit all day on IP an place mines, he has to take breaks to harv dung. :bow_arrow:
  5. You probably have some spare tele rings, the evil engineer can't detonate all mines at once. (or can he, how will the RC mines work?)

My point: 10 pp are way too much, because the risks are manageable.

Out of curiosity, if you carry two rosto stones, will you lose only 1 so you can use the second one in case you get mined leaving the underworld?

Out of curiosity, if you carry two rosto stones, will you lose only 1 so you can use the second one in case you get mined leaving the underworld?

Yes (but if you get mined a second time, you're out two rostogols and still lose your stuff).

I use the portal rooms a lot and I only have 1 rosto. I would not take this perk just because the portal room and underworld exits can be camped. If RC mines can only be detonated by the person who laid them then you would be trapped in the underworld for as long as the mines were there. If a few players took turns guarding the exit you could be stuck there for a very long time. The damage being based on level means you cannot guarantee you will be able to survive coming out of the underworld no matter what gear and health you have.

The damage would have to have a max that is below the max health after protection is accounted for to be certain you are safe. Once people know you have the perk you are pretty much hosed anytime someone decides to come after you if you stop moving or go AFK. Definitely a negative perk. I will be interested to see how long players are willing to keep the perk once they have being sitting in the underworld for enough minutes or hours because a guild or group of players has targeted them. Kind of lends itself to harassment I would think as well.

Tirun

The RC will deal 50 damage if sitting on them with no armor, less damage if...

2. Add some extra damage based on the engineering level of the one who placed them.

Reading these two statements (and the word "add"), does that mean a higher level engineer using a RC mine could deal more than 50 damage (with armor and all subtracted from that)?

I think people would be interested in what the maximum possible damage could be. For example, if the additional damage is your engineering level, then a level 40 engineer setting such a mine would start at 90 damage (50 + 40). It would make a big difference to people if the max was say 100 (50 + eng level) versus say for example 55 (50 + eng/10).

Just found a way to not lose stuff even if some1 placed many mines at the entrance from underworld- u ask a trusted person to do #suicide naked and trade her/him all ur expensive stuff, of coz the person doesnt have mine-perk.

Then u can die even 20 times and u lose only some time but not ur stuff :D

mp