Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Mines, and a new perk

10 pp equals no more than 25 additional HP (plus 2 pp to put elsewhere)

one small mine deals 50 damage

answer is obvious - no, thanks

that is if we are talking about all non-pk areas (excluding IP)

if limited to just a few maps/locations, then worth reconsidering

IP and both underworlds should be neutral areas, also agree with extrapolation with idalorn cemetery

Will this also occur to people who are invis and will they pop out of invis when damage is taken?

Edited by Cyrus

You stole my idea. :pickaxe: thief ;D

I'd take the perk for 10 PPs only.

Which one?

The mine storages idea? I was thinking (and evening discussing it on the channels) way before you posted about it.

Damage dealt will be determined by the level of engineer or pre-set as a constant damage?

Both

Maybe, I said about removing hazmat storages though, kinda does what you have said here, but it also makes the mines cheaper too, always useful :pickaxe:

I have another question what would happen for that people that will be in the map entrance waiting for dotoneta mines there???? more people would die for that???

I MIGHT make the underworlds immune to that, but not IP or Idaloran graveyard. You can use teleport rings, no?

In the time it takes you to load into map, someone could already kill you, if you cant restore in hell.

PK server.

You mean test server? or will it be implemented straight into PK server?

Sorry, I meant test server, on the PK server it's almost redundant.

I have another question what would happen for that people that will be in the map entrance waiting for dotoneta mines there???? more people would die for that???

i would suggest like with pk maps, 10 secs of non-attack oO

Scorp is right, that would be a little better, 5 secs even. Also, is the range still 1 block? or will it be increased?

store mine in normal storage very good idea, also i think u must change some mines prices, because now, 3 poisoned caltrops can make damage as 3 high explosive mines, if right used.

I personally wouldn't take this perk even for 10+ pps but it is worth 5 only in my opinion (similar in danger to 'harvester' of sorrow').

maybe add a second perk upgrade to it so when you plant one it blows

suicide bomber :P

be harsh if everyone starts planting them near storages...

Maybe make 1 or 2 immune?

I don't think any negative perk should be more than 5 pp's. They never seem to end up as negative as the intent (only exception being hellspawn and even that now has a medallion to minimize it), and we are basically handing away free pp's to people who take the "negative" perks.

Personally I'd rather see our current neg perks actually revised to offer some negativity rather than toss out even more free pp's into the game.

be harsh if everyone starts planting them near storages...

Maybe make 1 or 2 immune?

I thought it's supposed to be negative perk.

I don't think any negative perk should be more than 5 pp's. They never seem to end up as negative as the intent (only exception being hellspawn and even that now has a medallion to minimize it), and we are basically handing away free pp's to people who take the "negative" perks.

Personally I'd rather see our current neg perks actually revised to offer some negativity rather than toss out even more free pp's into the game.

I agree, while I like the idea of mines accessable from normal storages I'm affraid perk itself may turn into free pps like rest of the negative perks. It shouldn't give many pickpoints.

I only partly agree. Just look at these perks:

a) godless: really a negative perk, especially in the beginning. You might not realize it at first, but with it you loose quite some exp.

:P i can't dance: if you don't pk or don't train a/d it's free pickpoints, but for a fighter it's absolutely negative

c) see :)

d) antisocial: MAJOR annoyance - I speak from experience

etc.

It always depends on how you play. Currently some of the neg perks only really affect fighters, however I'm sure there are others that I didn't think about which are bad for other skills. EL is already a pretty complex and hard game, compared to others, I really don't think that the neg perks make your life ingame easier. Only sometimes you get a bonus - which has a cost, because it basically limits your prospects and choices of skills of the future.

i think that the players that will use mines after the perk will be many, but only for a short period of time ie two months, as i see it noone will go around spending gc on mines after a while...so it would be after free pps from the negative perk.

So i am thinking of 3pp + 30kgc and no perk removal stone :P

Very nice idea.

Im sure players who could/want to take it will be mostly fighters/pkers or ppl who plan to reset and desperatly need pickpoints ;P , the more pickpoints the perk will give the more players will take it, obviously.

Too risky for mixers/harvesters imho, so they will be afraid to take it even for 20 pps ( its an agreedment to be semi-pkable all the time even on non-pk maps, kinda bad for mixers who r not used to paying attention to the game all the time and like to afk :)

I really have no idea if i take it or not, 10 "free" pps would be so tempting but still 10 more will or vitality wouldnt help me that much in pk anyways ;P

Probably would w8 and see how often ppl die to that perk, then decide :P

mp

Good idea. And maybe also make that perk not let you get damage from mines on non PK maps.

Good idea. And maybe also make that perk not let you get damage from mines on non PK maps.

well i just want to prevent you from more whiners but if its what you want :P but i see what you mean, ppl could just swap back and forth in map.

i dont care i take it anyways

Edited by Scorpius