Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Invasion tokens and their use

Ent, how do you plan to handle the situation when player A requests to decrease something -5, then player B will come soon after to ask to increase same thing back by +5 ?

I understand that the chances for such situation are small due to invasion token rarity but still it is better to predict a way such situation can be addressed.

Lol, I would take their 10 tokens and do nothing :(

I realise this is going to sound completely self absorbed (then again, i am currently developing an entire combat system (incl. monster stats) for an MMORPG, that is already at an operational stage), but please give me all tokens :P the changes i would make to f/m.chims would make people happy...

Why don't you tell me what game that is, so I can come and drag my dick all over your combat system and tell you how much it sucks?

HAHAHA wow thats funny, severely funny. I think the combat system is good, but thats still hilarious.

Yeah but anyways good idea, I imply that once it advances other monsters will be available for change.

Well, really, it was never the entire combat system i thought had probs, just the f/m.chim stats :P

but im not looking to get into a flame war with Radu so shush ubernub :(

People could be getting a small temporary boost in a chosen skill for one EL day perhaps ? They just go to the God that governs the skill and trade their invasion tokens for such boost, limited to one boost per day only (just an idea ...)

"OMFG, then n00bs can come and kill my level 200 char!11! This will ruin the PK and I'll quit!!1!"

How about Tombarul trades a EL-PEZ dispenser for an invasion token?

The PEZ thingies could be made from 1 bone powder and a fruit under the alchemy skill, give 10 food each and you could fit 10 of them in a PEZ dispenser with a total weight of 1, then give the dispenser a break rate like mortars and pestles. :)

People could be getting a small temporary boost in a chosen skill for one EL day perhaps ? They just go to the God that governs the skill and trade their invasion tokens for such boost, limited to one boost per day only (just an idea ...)

"OMFG, then n00bs can come and kill my level 200 char!11! This will ruin the PK and I'll quit!!1!"

Errrr ... there are other skills than a/d and other players than level 200 ebul pkerz :P (are they ? :D)

Fighters could sell invasion tokens to manuers and crafters who would surely appreciate such boosts

But again, this is just something to consider if an initial proposal (altering monster stats) won't be implemented ...

Omfg thats so unfair1 I worked for 4 years to get my manu/crafting/alchemy/etc. to level 200 and now any n00b can come and make the highest level items by buying invasion tokens for evil $$$ Rl money!!11 Im quitting!11!

Omfg thats so unfair1 I worked for 4 years to get my manu/crafting/alchemy/etc. to level 200 and now any n00b can come and make the highest level items by buying invasion tokens for evil $$$ Rl money!!11 Im quitting!11!

You advanced to level 32 of leetness.

I would complain.

I have worked very hard on my harvest level and for someone to get a 5 level boost to harvest at the same rate as me would be a scandal! :D

It would ruin the pk :)(((

S.

Hold on... these tokens arent locked to a player are they? I mean anyone can buy them off of anyone right?

Trader has bought two of them so far, I haven't tried setting a sell price yet.

Question about the invasion tokens.

Are they perhaps realted to this post you made a while ago (2006) on your blog?

"Why are all the MMORPGs the same? " *post title*

But they still have a few things in common:

1. A lot of repetition.

2. Superficial quests (not a lot of a storyline, many times randomly generated).

3. Unstable economies.

4. Lack of a "world changing" ability, where one player or group of players can forever alter the history and the direction of the game.

Seems that it is a way for players to alter the history of a game. Of course that may just be me reading too deeply into things. And it may be lack of sleep + college speaking.

But it is terribly parallel. Invasion tokens can alter the game, perhaps permanenetly. (althogh the cockatrice in KF didn't last too long) And altering the game via players (with your approval of course) seems to be soemthing you noted that MMO's lacked.

God work if that was your intention. Defintily an interesting solution.