Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Invasion tokens and their use

I knew it - thats why i stoped training for months also ;) training will be easier and easier now :D so why train for months for XXm xp when soon u can make XXm xp in weeks :P

(i'm not whining no worries :P)

Edited by Michic0_oL

So what ur saying is training with 48/48 p/c sucked so much u quit... hmm sounds like something that needs to be addressed ;):P ...wouldn't u rather that be directly addressed instead of it being left (partially) in the hands of whoever happens to end up with the tokens?

Edited by Korrode

Ent, how do you plan to handle the situation when player A requests to decrease something -5, then player B will come soon after to ask to increase same thing back by +5 ?

I understand that the chances for such situation are small due to invasion token rarity but still it is better to predict a way such situation can be addressed.

I like the idea. Small changes to unused animals and player influence.

As long as the changes are being controlled by radu and there won't be too many at a time, I'm all positive. It's a way of getting rid of congestion around popular spawns (:

So what ur saying is training with 48/48 p/c sucked so much u quit... hmm sounds like something that needs to be addressed ;):P ...wouldn't u rather that be directly addressed instead of it being left (partially) in the hands of whoever happens to end up with the tokens?

roflmao, its not coz i have 48 p/c that i don't train i make nearely as much xp as someone with lower p/c - i get 330-350k/h on single spawn - people lower p/c have 380k but i restock 3x less so count time to run restock :P stop saying bs plx Korrode

edit : and with 48 p/c i can multi dc with 4i while u others can't which is 500k+/h

i like my 48 p/c otherwise i would have removed it long time ago, stones are cheap

Edited by Michic0_oL

@TK

I know u can multi d.chim but the resource cost is big, u cant deny.

As for your 330-350k p/h on single (feros?) spawn, thats a very different result that what i've heard from others with 48/48 p/c and ~your a/d on feros... i'm inclined to think it's a bit exaggerated :P, but guess i cant say for sure till i test myself, which i cant do atm.

If you get such great exp, why did you say in a post earlier in this thread that you stopped training to wait for better exp?

I knew it - thats why i stoped training for months also :P training will be easier and easier now :D so why train for months for XXm xp when soon u can make XXm xp in weeks :D

And man i'm trying to get f.chim/m.chim made into good training monsters for 48/48 p/c ppl, plz dont work against me ;):P

Anyways i'm done, if the logic and the mathematical and RPG correctness of what i've suggested in the other thread still eludes people, there's no point in me trying to convince any further.

roflmao, its not coz i have 48 p/c that i don't train i make nearely as much xp as someone with lower p/c - i get 330-350k/h on single spawn - people lower p/c have 380k but i restock 3x less so count time to run restock :P stop saying bs plx Korrode

edit : and with 48 p/c i can multi dc with 4i while u others can't which is 500k+/h

i like my 48 p/c otherwise i would have removed it long time ago, stones are cheap

BS you cant make that much -reset your counter and show me an hr i bet is barley over 200k.

I'm highly unlikely to ever find such a token, and if I do, I know I can just click on it and it'll show me what it is... but I still wanna know what it looks like :) Can anyone post a pic of it somewhere?

Thanks.

lilcnoot

I'm highly unlikely to ever find such a token, and if I do, I know I can just click on it and it'll show me what it is... but I still wanna know what it looks like :D Can anyone post a pic of it somewhere?

Thanks.

lilcnoot

i can sell u one if u want :)

I love this idea. I can't kill that many monsters, but I assume all invasion monsters have a chance?

I like players having the chance to change a few things! I think this might also be another incentive to partake of different invasions.

Also, on another note, I think the last monster in any invasion should automatically carry a token. Y'know the one that you search for for 10 hours? :)

@TK

I know u can multi d.chim but the resource cost is big, u cant deny.

As for your 330-350k p/h on single (feros?) spawn, thats a very different result that what i've heard from others with 48/48 p/c and ~your a/d on feros... i'm inclined to think it's a bit exaggerated :P, but guess i cant say for sure till i test myself, which i cant do atm.

If you get such great exp, why did you say in a post earlier in this thread that you stopped training to wait for better exp?

I knew it - thats why i stoped training for months also :P training will be easier and easier now :D so why train for months for XXm xp when soon u can make XXm xp in weeks :P

And man i'm trying to get f.chim/m.chim made into good training monsters for 48/48 p/c ppl, plz dont work against me :):P

Anyways i'm done, if the logic and the mathematical and RPG correctness of what i've suggested in the other thread still eludes people, there's no point in me trying to convince any further.

nope :P 330k mini for me, thoses other people u hear from are noobs then, they don't flee at good moment :D on double i get 380-400k/hour :P i think i got screenie of it

as for dcw yeah big ressource lol... but well, i don't care coz its magic xp anyway - ~3 hours 40 = 170 restore + 170 Remote heal on triple chims + 1.9million xp i done magix 52->64 just with restores mostly (maybe 200k magic training with draining, rest was with pking, training and i didn't md chims while training on em)

and i said i stoped training coz i was sure anyway when i would come back to train stuff ingame would have changed and i would get much more easier than before which i was right :]

things are easier and easier : one reason for crazy leveling or noobs getting high levels fast is :

1. Stackable Sr

2. New Armor (<- newer armor maybe allow me to go mc with my stats sooner or later xD)

3. Col & NMT

which allows to train stronger monster without gettin' so much damage and good blocking AND staying much longer at spawn

now the noobs are 110-120s a/d and the pros 140, stuff will be made easier for the "noobs" in 110-120s to catch the pros in 140s, no need to kill urself 24/7 training ;) - train smart.

So i was sure if i didn't train few months, someone would come up with some pro idea and have the training easier even - sooner or later radu HAD to change chims stats...

quick edit : anyway i train enough to keep my def in top 100, u need 3 days / month only for that

Edited by Michic0_oL

Ent, how do you plan to handle the situation when player A requests to decrease something -5, then player B will come soon after to ask to increase same thing back by +5 ?

I understand that the chances for such situation are small due to invasion token rarity but still it is better to predict a way such situation can be addressed.

Lol, I would take their 10 tokens and do nothing :D

I realise this is going to sound completely self absorbed (then again, i am currently developing an entire combat system (incl. monster stats) for an MMORPG, that is already at an operational stage), but please give me all tokens :) the changes i would make to f/m.chims would make people happy...

Why don't you tell me what game that is, so I can come and drag my dick all over your combat system and tell you how much it sucks?

now the noobs are 110-120s a/d and the pros 140, stuff will be made easier for the "noobs" in 110-120s to catch the pros in 140s, no need to kill urself 24/7 training :P - train smart.

So i was sure if i didn't train few months, someone would come up with some pro idea and have the training easier even - sooner or later radu HAD to change chims stats...

Yup, i think exactly same( just not calling ppl noobs, rather lowbies or newbies since n00b is a person not a game character :P , like when i was training fluff/feros for a long time, i knew radu wont screw up exp for ppl on them and i was rite, he just changed high lvl mobs ( yetis, achims giants, drags ;P).

If something affects only top50 players it can be changed for worse easly, but fluffy/feros exp affected many lowbies too so i fellt kinda safe and took my time on them :icon13:

I learnt my lesson from dcw training, once they got implemented 1st time they had shorter respawn time and less atributes, not to mention they dropped efe's like crazeh, then they were changed for worse quickly, at least 3 times, much later their health got increased but it was like dunno, 1,5h year after orso :P

And yup, i also like the idea with tokens( more motivation to participate in invasions, even if some1 dont want to use tokens he can always sell them ;) )

mp

I love this idea. I can't kill that many monsters, but I assume all invasion monsters have a chance?

Same question, so that lower players (such as me), can get tokens too.

yeh they do, but strong monsters = better droprate

Edited by Tempest

Actually, more rare drops came from low to medium level monsters than from high level monsters. That is because there are much more low to medium monsters in an invasion.

Some questions for Ent:

1. Has anyone actually come to you with 5 tokens yet?

2. If so, what changes did they request?

3. Have you further considered whether you'll allow the respawn time to be lowered?

And lastly, but most importantly:

4. Can u plllllzzzzzz just scrap this idea, at least for the f.chims, and just lower their re-spawn time to match fluff and their armor/toughness to match d.chim so after my next #reset i can put those unused Willowvine spawns to use and wont have to wait until 133 OA before i start PK'ing again?

Please? i promise to poof lots of peoples rostos and break lots of my own armor, a lot sooner than i would otherwise :whistle:

People could be getting a small temporary boost in a chosen skill for one EL day perhaps ? They just go to the God that governs the skill and trade their invasion tokens for such boost, limited to one boost per day only (just an idea ...)

hell yeh indeed. but the current idea ent has is pro too at least imo... but well, probably cuz both options are positiv, while ent's suggestion is more for the community than a single player, so i like it a lil more.

well, imo, it seems fine at a glance, but what happens when invis invasion bag jumper newb gets 5 tokens and makes chims even worse for training... :S