Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Invasion tokens and their use

As you probably already know by now, some of the invasion monsters will drop an invasion token.

I plan to have quite a few uses for them, but for now, their first use will be allowing players to change the alread existing monsters.

So here is how it will work:

Once a player has 5 or more invasion tokens, he or she contacts me and gives me the tokens.

Then the player specifies a monster to be changed (and here I have veto power, so not all the monsters are changeable). For now, only the mountain and forest chims are changable.

The next step is to tell me which attributes of the monster needs to be changed. Pretty much everything can be changed, except for drops. The attributes can be changed both negatively or positively, so you can add or substract from them. Each attribute (attack, defense, armor, critical, etc.) cost 1 invasion token, and the health points is 10 hp per invasion token.

The changes will take effect at the next server restart.

So, are we happy with it?

P.S. After the enxt update, I'll increase the invasion drops a little bit, the rate seems to be kind of low.

Is it one set of tokens per animal (eg creature #2001) or per creature type?

Cool!

Though, it would also be cool if you could use them and a popup menu would display, with options for what you want to change, etc.

But yet again, thats probably more work then it's worth.

;):D:)

Sounds cool, I hope the people who amass these tokens take time to check with teh community before changing hobgoblin armor by 2, or upping health of pumas by 20...

Sounds cool, I hope the people who amass these tokens take time to check with teh community before changing hobgoblin armor by 2, or upping health of pumas by 20...

Did you even read Ent's post? :D;)

For now, only the mountain and forest chims are changable.
Edited by Jaxbot

Did you even read Ent's post? :D;)

For now, only the mountain and forest chims are changable.

:) Yes I did, thanks for checking though.

Let me post this from the new spawns thread:

If there are spawns to be added, I'd rather have radu choose creature location and type; creatures should be added for gameplay reasons first, and player convenience far behind.

For me the same is true for modifying existing creatures, it should happen for game play reasons.

But then, this is just a clever way to teach the knowitalls :lurker:

Time to find 5 tokens myself and make them stronger :evil:

But isn't this stupid? Now someone can make them relative high a/d and low p/c so they can get a lot a/d exp for low damage?

This is great! Its also a great way to only get input from players actually participating in PvE

I just have one question.

How do we know what stat to change? Obviously lowering attack or defense just leads to less exp.

Even after lots of testing\killing FCs and MCs

I can only guess at their stats beyond attack or defense.

It -appears- MCs are exactly like FCs, but with higher stats all around, but

I have no idea where those stats are, so I'm not sure on how to vote +/- a

particular stat. I presume the majority will want to tweak them to being trainable

(which seems to mean, they deliver low damage, and take a while to kill. Using a bone\box)

Sorry if I'm asking too much. I'll just spend some more time in RoT, with an observant purpose.

Time to find 5 tokens myself and make them stronger :evil:

But isn't this stupid? Now someone can make them relative high a/d and low p/c so they can get a lot a/d exp for low damage?

There will be some limits on how much you can adjust them for, which is why I want to do it manually, rather than have an auto interface for players to do that.

The invasion tokens are also relatively rare, and to dumb down a monster you'd need like 30+ or so. The idea is to make some unpopular monsters a little bit more useful, not to make them n00b cannon fodder.

As for adjusting the spawn time, I am not sure about it.

Love the idea! TY Ent for adding elements to make EL even more appealing to players. If what we request doesn't sound quite right to you, can the requester spend some time in PM with you to discuss what would work/not work?

Love the idea! TY Ent for adding elements to make EL even more appealing to players. If what we request doesn't sound quite right to you, can the requester spend some time in PM with you to discuss what would work/not work?

No sorry, all conversations are by appointment only.

lmfao, silly questions >.<

great idea!

im assuming 5 people with one token each can group together to make one change, ive not got an invasion token but are they tradeable? i'm miles aways from those two monsters but the more people who move off the spawns i do use the better i guess.

Personally I'm not really fond of uses for the tokens that really have a big and lasting impact on the game. Necessary changes to creatures' stats should imo just be done because it's better for the game, not because a player with tokens commands it.

I'm all for effects that have less impact, like choosing a special day in some way, but letting players decide a creature's stats sounds a bit 'dangerous' to me.

Personally I'm not really fond of uses for the tokens that really have a big and lasting impact on the game. Necessary changes to creatures' stats should imo just be done because it's better for the game, not because a player with tokens commands it.

I'm all for effects that have less impact, like choosing a special day in some way, but letting players decide a creature's stats sounds a bit 'dangerous' to me.

yeah but you only can change the monster's stats which are in the invasion right? and monsters not in the invasion would not be affected. so i see no reason why itll be a problem since its only invasion monsters and not the rest of them.

yeah but you only can change the monster's stats which are in the invasion right? and monsters not in the invasion would not be affected. so i see no reason why itll be a problem since its only invasion monsters and not the rest of them.

Umm, no.

The monster will be changed for good, both in and outside of invasions.

Actually, I am more for permanent game changes. It makes players feel that they had an impact on the game development.

First of all i like the idea

Second, Ent said he has veto :P

@Molime,

i can understand what you mean, but this way i see it like Ent asks for player impact and you can only have it when you have the tokens. We, the players, complain a lot about sertain stats of monsters, trainable not trainable etc. Now Ent gives us a tool to "force" him to make an adjustment ;)

The way I see it, Ent isnt going to let us make changes that a ) he isnt happy with or b ) he feels will disrupt the game's balance

This way any proposed change's he had in the back of his mind to do anyway, instead of just implementing them, he is making us earn them. Which is good IMO

I agree, especially since it's f.chim and m.chim we're talking about. There's the potential to make these monsters useful (again), but i really really fear many tokens ending up with someone who doesn't well enough (or at all) understand the impact of the changes they make.

But, if re-spawn time isn't going to be adjusted, or their health cant be significantly increased, it doesn't really matter.

I realise this is going to sound completely self absorbed (then again, i am currently developing an entire combat system (incl. monster stats) for an MMORPG, that is already at an operational stage), but please give me all tokens ;) the changes i would make to f/m.chims would make people happy...

...if not, at least take this advice: lower their armor, and secondarily their toughness... and their re-spawn if u can.

I really dislike this idea Ent, cant u just trial the changes i suggested to the chims in the other thread for a few months and see how it goes? :P

(the 2 hour later edit was me changing the word "and" to the word "or" in "But, if re-spawn time isn't going to be adjusted, and their health cant be significantly increased, it doesn't really matter.")

Edited by Korrode