Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SolarStar

New Resolutions in EL

Its one of the best overall improvements of the game . I run EL with a resolution of 1240x780x32(windowed).

It looks huge ! if you have a wide screen go on and try it in a window.

My screen is 16:10 and would also support a 1680x1050 desktop resolution but thats not so easy possible without hacking the system (in windows

i can give you a long story about this ;) ) because my intel chip wont allow me to do it.

Fullscreen is not possible "Stop playing with the configuration file and select valid modes!" - With window mode i can run a higher resolution thou. :D

the good thing about higher resolution is : all your ingame windows fit on the screen without overlapping each other. if you need more cpu power you can go to text or map mode. Rendering needs far more calculation. With all the new extension for openGL there should be new minimum system requirements. the main el website still doesnt give info about it. what do you suggest ?

Its one of the best overall improvements of the game . I run EL with a resolution of 1240x780x32(windowed).

It looks huge ! if you have a wide screen go on and try it in a window.

My screen is 16:10 and would also support a 1680x1050 desktop resolution but thats not so easy possible without hacking the system (in windows

i can give you a long story about this ;) ) because my intel chip wont allow me to do it.

Fullscreen is not possible "Stop playing with the configuration file and select valid modes!" - With window mode i can run a higher resolution thou. :D

the good thing about higher resolution is : all your ingame windows fit on the screen without overlapping each other. if you need more cpu power you can go to text or map mode. Rendering needs far more calculation. With all the new extension for openGL there should be new minimum system requirements. the main el website still doesnt give info about it. what do you suggest ?

1680x1050 has been supported for almost two years now ... check at the end of the resolution list and I have run at that before. If EL is telling you that it can't handle that, it's because the windows OpenGL driver is telling EL that it isn't available. That sounds like either a driver or a memory configuration issue (memory config since most Intel chips don't have dedicated video ram).

well i would like using an higher resolution, or even fullscreen sometimes, sadly i cant.. it always kinda screws up the textures around me

like them popping up from nowhere beeing stretched all over the screen =/ i have 22" tft wide myself, pretty sad i have to run el in such a

small window atm.

Do you use CVS clients, Scorpius? If so you might try unchecking the new glDrawRangeElements option.

And a sidenote: Switching from fullscreen to windowed without restarting is not working properly maybe this also applies for switching resolutions.

Actually if EL is telling you it doesn't support it just change it in the el.ini file. It does this on my computer for some reason.

Do you use CVS clients, Scorpius? If so you might try unchecking the new glDrawRangeElements option.

And a sidenote: Switching from fullscreen to windowed without restarting is not working properly maybe this also applies for switching resolutions.

im using the sky 3 client ago, and my textures get messed up when going from windowed to full screen.

and i get no message from el that it doesnt support my resolution or so, it just enlarges and then my textures are messed up.

if i close the client and restart its at old resolution so i assume i change it before in the el.ini before i restart?

Hi All,

I was having this same problem with the screen resolutions and I just sorted it out on my machine so I hope maybe this helps someone. My native screen resolution is 1280X800 with is a widescreen format. EL was running in 1024X768 which is a traditional format. My card (an ATI Radeo Xpress) was streching the game out to make it 1280X800 which distored the picture.

I tried to change the screen resolution to 1280X800 but it crashed the client. Also, if I tried to change from Full Screen to Windowed it would crash my entire system (hard reboot).

After reading the threads I tried adjusting it in my EL.ini file but it had no affect. I then realized that the el.ini file I was modifying was in the in the path C:/program files/eternal lands/el.ini but this file is an old one from a previous version or something and the game doesn't look at it anymore so I was changing it but with no effect.

The correct el.ini file was located in my documents/eternal lands/main/el.ini Once I adjusted that it affected the game. Also, inside the el.ini file there was no option for 1280X800. By looking at the inside of the option screen inside the game I determined that the appropriate option should be 14 so I typed that in to the el.ini file and it worked. I also changed it to Full Screen and that worked too. Now the game is running perfectly in 1280X800 Full Screen with no distortions and no crashes.

I don't know if this is common knowledge but it solved my problem so I thought I'd post it. Hope it helps someone. :confused: