Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Artwork additions & improvements

Art stuff poll, but please read the post too!  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you want most?

• More creatures
    • More weapons & armor
    • More clothes (eyecandy-only items)
    • Nothing new for a while, just improve existing stuff
    • Other -I am making a post with another option.

Hello,

So many polls going on I figured I'd make one too just to get a feel for what you, as players, consider important and what you'd like on the artwork side of the game.

Other questions for you all:

-98 weapons in the game! Wow when I read that in the other poll I couldn't believe there were so many. Doesn't sound like we need more of them..but what do you think? Would you want any other new weapons & armor?

-There are a lot of old crappy looking creatures that need a big makeover (cyclops, trolls, gargoyles)...is this of any importance to you or should I just leave it until I've really got nothing better to do? Would you rather new creatures added?

-Same thing with some old houses and other environmental stuff. Some art is old and can use updating..which I'm more than likely going to do in any case but I'd like your input on it. Is it something important to you with regards to the game, do you care? Do you like it as it is?

-Is there anything in particular that stands out to you as really needing some fixing/make over?

-Would you rather a lot of new things or fixing up of the old things?

If you guys see anything specifically that you think can use an update let me know(post a screenshot!).

*I'm not necessarily going to do what the majority wants, depending on many factors, but it will help me to have a better understanding of what players want and will help me plan my schedule of things to do better.

I vote for the makeover and improvement! You have done a great job with improving White Stone City, it looks really fancy now, compared to the past. I'd love to see more like that :)

The last thing we need is more weps and armors, especially if they're gonna be mega expensive.

IMO making over some of the old creatures would be cool. :)

Lol and I went for more clothes and eye-candy stuff :) (Still waiting on those fancy dresses! :) )

And what ever happened to the fairy race? (As long as you are bringing this up :) )

Also I doubt this is what you had in mind for artwork, but I would like to see more houses have interiors just to throw that out there. It would be nice to see those tall buildings in WSC too have a lot of rooms such as Inns or olden day apartments.

Improvements on current stuff would be nice! :)

Seconded :)

Instead of flooding with new, I would love to see current polished and honed to flawless image :)

I went with more creatures, but polishing and shining the old ones would be awesome too!

(especially cyclops, pointy nosed *^| )

~KgN

And what ever happened to the fairy race? (As long as you are bringing this up :) )

Also I doubt this is what you had in mind for artwork, but I would like to see more houses have interiors just to throw that out there. It would be nice to see those tall buildings in WSC too have a lot of rooms such as Inns or olden day apartments.

Well a new race like that is pretty difficult for several technical reasons. It may happen in the future but I won't give a definite on that.

More map insides can definitely be done in the future.

thirded

i've been training on cyclops recently and the graphics aren't great, things like ogres look realy good and it would be nice to see that quality on the majority of creatures.

keep up the good work, the graphics have really come on a lot since i started playing. :)

other:

I would love to see facial movement.

we already have breathing animation, how about blinking and random mouth movements if something is said by a player in local?

More Creatures,

Definetaly *Trainable* ones plz :)

-Kad

bleh cant we just fix the current, completely unused ones to make them trainable :)

(but i be quiet about it in this thread now :), me no hi-jack)

EDIT:

we already have breathing animation, how about blinking and random mouth movements if something is said by a player in local?

Yeah would be cool... adding some emotes would be cool also... wave, taunt, etc.

Edited by Korrode

Seconded :)

Instead of flooding with new, I would love to see current polished and honed to flawless image :P

thirded :) if there's such a thing :D

i think the game is amazing as it is just needs to be pollished and rubbed down to perfection :)

I voted "more creatures".

This doesn't mean completely new creatures, but more variations.

Use actor scaling more often. There could me more spiders. And "Senior Leprechauns", young feline creatues, novice Feros, goblin teenagers ...

A random size factor would also be welcome. +/- 5% (or 10%, don't know if 5% would be noticable) for some creatures, gargs, orcs, etc.

i voted "improve existing stuff"

i think we have alot of different monsters, weapons and armors... imo that should be good for a while... imo its better make existing stuff kinda perfect before adding more features.

what florian posted about different variations of creatures i like very much, but for me it goes under improvement...

Flex

other:

Facial movement isn't going to happen. Would take a complete redesign/redo of all character models + a ton of other things. Just not worth it.

Animation Emotes however will definitely happen whenever we can get a programmer to help us out with that.

I would like to see a creature that is more attack weighted that is more attack weighted in

terms of experience, say a 100/115 a/d? with a trainable p/c, maybe around 40/50 ish/.

This could be the sasquatch :)

Hello Roja

-98 weapons in the game! Wow when I read that in the other poll I couldn't believe there were so many. Doesn't sound like we need more of them..but what do you think? Would you want any other new weapons & armor?

Until you'll have ranged weapons like javelin, spear, etc. programmed in the game, I'd say that the current weapons are more than enough. I'd rather have some weapons, like the spear, changed wrt ingredients to make them more accessible (for manuers) and so more used.

-There are a lot of old crappy looking creatures that need a big makeover (cyclops, trolls, gargoyles)...is this of any importance to you or should I just leave it until I've really got nothing better to do? Would you rather new creatures added?

I'd like to have new creatures added. Of the creatures you mentioned I actually like gargoyles in their present form, clops and trolls would surely benefit from a makeover (I remember the old wolves and foxes, the present ones are much nicer!).

-Same thing with some old houses and other environmental stuff. Some art is old and can use updating..which I'm more than likely going to do in any case but I'd like your input on it. Is it something important to you with regards to the game, do you care? Do you like it as it is?

Not a priority IMHO.

-Is there anything in particular that stands out to you as really needing some fixing/make over?

Nothing major: some building textures would benefit from being refreshed a bit (city walls) to be more realistic, the vial mold still looks like a carrot, can't think of anything else on the spot.

-Would you rather a lot of new things or fixing up of the old things?

Both are needed, I'll trust you to find the correct balance between the two :)

Rehdon

Roja, what has been done so far is really impressive and I am sure everyone shares my opinion.

However I would like to raise awareness of something many people do not see - In my opinion Eternal Lands has one big advantage over other games - EL maps have awesome level of details. Many games with excellent graphics have focused on effects and eye-candy stuff, while Eternal Lands maps are full of small, minor details. Someone do not care about this, I however think, this is what makes EL so unique, and I would dare to say Eternal Lands maps are much more realistic than 20+ MMORPG games I have see/tried/played so far. I love details, and I really enjoy traveling Irilion where each bush, ruin has something that awaits to be seen / explored.

This said, I would suggest people who work on these things to try to improve it even more (whenever/wherever possible). There are so many things that can be added which belong to this group of "visual" items - i would like to see some windmills, flying balloons (yes, flying objects can also be made just for visual impression), on rivers we could have mills, we could have some creatures that live in the ground and occasionally appear above it (again, just for visual impression), and when someone passes by they would quickly jump into the ground and disappear.

I would like to have more "holly creatures" like Unicorn as well. I would request COWs here as a holy creature (some people would laugh here, but I am actually serious). No, i am not Indian, but i just love cows and would definitely have them in EL as holy creatures. It would also be interesting to have glowing fairies for an example.

I am sure other players would come to hundreds of other ideas that could contribute to this advanced "detailing" of Seridia and Irilion (and later some other continent).

Yes, after all, maybe it is time for the 3rd continent as well. :)

Kind regards

Edited by Dejan

Animation Emotes however will definitely happen whenever we can get a programmer to help us out with that.

This is great news!! How do we have to bribe for that to happen? Schmurk, bluap...? :)

This is great news!! How do we have to bribe for that to happen? Schmurk, bluap...? :)

yay :)http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42668

<-- yes I know we all hate WoW because EL is much better etc. but they are a benchmark anyways Edited by Florian

It would be nice to see more new monsters... If it could be possible in some maps, maybe also more spawns. It is becoming hard at low levels to train well because we are in 3-5 people on a spawn of about 2-4 monsters in many cases. However, graphics looks really good up until now. It would also be nice to introduce new low-level weapons, armors: maybe some variations to the ones we have now. For example we could have special ones that may have better stats than others: steel chain mail +1 defence... I do not know if you understand what I mean. Or we could have different appearances of these weapons/armors: maybe with trimming, or epauletts. Well up to you. Unfortunately, I think that there is not a great choice in the low-level armor: if you have loads of money then you have all which you want.

Keep up the excellent work!! :)