Eternal Lands Official Forums
handyman

Bots on PK server

Bots on PK server

What do you think I know it was agreed No Bots at the beginning

But as the time has gone on players are now always trying to buy and sell items

With the time zone difference players are on at different times and are having dificulties buying and selling stuff

So I would be happy to Have a Bot on here

If it was decided that we could have bots on the PK server maybe have it limited to just 1 per player.

I know not every player would want to spend $100s on having bot but it would stop some of those players having 2-3-4-5-6 of them like on the Main.

I feel it could also Make it easyier for new players it they had a Bots to buy from and sell to

Just my opinion

What do you think guys ?

Handyman Thor

I'd love it

Special rates for outlaws :)

I would prefer a NPC like the ones in WSC.

It could be a community NPC with fixed prices that could buy and sell.

Would only buy a fixed number of units but could buy all items. eg. 50 steel shield.

You would only be able to sell when the number of units of that item was inferior to 50.

The NPC could charge a fee 10%. eg. Steel shield sell to NPC 500gc, buy from NPC 550gc (ooma)

The ones that exist now can sell but can't buy.

Edited by temospena

I would prefer a NPC like the ones in WSC.
The problem with the NPCs (as SPAM unfortunately discovered) is that the NPCs are only partially implemented and missing may features. The most significant is that you can not sell to a guild NPC (only donate). That pretty well removes their value for any kind of generic buy/sell usage.

Either would be handy, just not too many!

There are already restrictions on available items aren't there? BroD, stones, high level weapons? (I've lost track in all the threads.)

Honestly, I'm not ready for bots yet. They're too impersonal. The greatest aspect of this server is its human element.

I understand that maybe you know so-and-so is the only person selling SRs ( :lurker: ), and they aren't on, and that's a pain in the ass, but there's always Gossip to send a message, market forums, and EternalBroker.

I know eventually this will change, but I'd rather not rush it.

Edited by sygon

I am with Sy on this one. For the first time in a long time, I logged on to the main server to get an approximate pc for an item I am going to try and sell here. I logged on to the market channel and was revolted at the amount of useless spam constantly posted on the m channel by bots. We agreed initially no bots and I feel we should keep to our word here.

Different time zones aren't a big deal here. Post what you are selling on eternal_broker and arrange for a friend to pick up the items for you. The great thing about the pk community is that, most of us, love teamwork and help out our fellow brother. Just give it a shot before we all decide that we need a bot per character.

Doc

We agreed initially no bots and I feel we should keep to our word here.
Did we agree? I thought Entropy simply made the decision no guild maps, no bots.

I wouldn't mind bots, but I don't think there's enough of a market on the PK server to justify the bot fees. Perhaps if we could have some free, non-profit bots just to help commerce, but it would be hard to make any money with bots given the limited economy (people using alts to supply their needs).

I don't think too many bots would be a problem at this stage as there are not many players.

I have tried using EternalBroker which is good but when i come on line i get gossip Pm's but still miss people that want stuff

I think having a Bot on here would also help supply new players that cant make all the Armour's rings weapons

If i did put a bot on here i would like it to be in VOTD safe zone cords [63,139]

It would be a Bot that bought and sold items and would be accessible 24/7 somewhere to buy and sell Essence/ore's/Armour's/rings/Bars/weapons/

If you wanted a c2 ring or a dis ring/rosto or some Armour there would be no waiting till someone came on line also somewhere to sell your items.

I also think this would help the economy

Even thought i would be happy to set up a Bot and get it blessed I would also be happy not to if thats what the majority of the community wanted

Handy Thor

Edited by handyman

well, i think bots would be a bad idea, specially of the kind we have them all over the main server.

there is a big advantage to the person who own the bot, and this would lead to everyone want one

and the server will have soon more bots online than players :D

why not extend the features of eternalbroker and have a community bot that does following:

(this is a little against the existing bot rules, i know - just a idea)

• every player can trade 1 item/ use one slot and set one price. so everyone is able to use one slot (if any is free of course).
  • to avoid that the bot got flooded with stuff that nobody wants, every slot "expires" after maybe 1 week.
  • if the owner of the item does not remove it before it expires, the bot will drop it ( and walk a step away, to feed the ants :( )
  • the owner can make a trade "private" and set the name of the person who should be able to buy it
  • to avoid abuse where could be a voting system: if someone blocks slots with useless stuff and got like ~20 votes against him, he can't trade something new, for like ~2 weeks

I have been playing a little over a week now... I love the PK Server.... but I sure miss my bot. I would love to see them implemented here. If and when that happens, I will be one of the first ones to get one. I am pretty sure with the small size of our community we wont be "over run" with bots. If and when they advertise on market and you dont care to "see all that spam" you can always put them on ignore. There has even been a universal command put in to ignore all bots at once as opposed to each one at a time (don't use it, so don't recall it at the moment but am sure someone will post it since I mentioned it).

Marr, hi :icon13: There is no way "one slot rental" would EVER work. Most of us have more than one item we make and sell. I would not even bother with something like that, it would not be worth my time... not to mention the idea that if it doesn't sell within a week it gets dropped and its gone? I wouldn't even waste my time with restrictions like that. I am not bashing your idea (I dont play that way) I think you are very clever, just saying it wont work for me or many mixers I know.

Okay, there ya have it, let me have a Paladina here :icon13: she misses me :)

I have read the different arguments since I started this topic

I can understand and relate to them all

This server is getting busier now and with my constant moaning and asking for Mixers over here I think is paying off

We have had new people start the PK server and I believe this in turn will bring more of their friends and guild members to this server from the main.

But mixers and manures need a market to sell their items or they will give up or just not logg on as much.

A bot can be use in 3 ways

Guild use (sell items your guild makes also buy items that guild members need)

Personal use (to sell your items and buy what you need)

Community use (players use it like I shop selling their items ings and products also buying what they need)

The main argument is bots spamming the server or channel

But how many of you that play have stuff to sell or want to buy items but are finding it hard ?

I believe Bots will help to sort out this problem and also help new players with their trade issues

No, please no, no bots. If we have bots at least we should be able to kill them. If so i guess it would be OK.

Now that would be intresting. ;) ^^

No, please no, no bots. If we have bots at least we should be able to kill them. If so i guess it would be OK.

Now that would be intresting. :) ^^

Lmao ;)

I think, bots, like the real trade bots we have on main, or what Marr suggested, a shop bot which sells your stuff, would be helpful.

To be honest, the guild NPC's are nice to have, but they have some disadvantages too, like you cant PM them and i am not willing to run across 2 continents just to buy 1 leather pants.

Lets have bots, or update the guild NPC's and give them the ability to PM them to find out, what they are selling.

Piper

Piper, I know you've been researching the Gossip situation, so I thought I'd mention it here as a reminder. Her assets have been really helpful on both servers and the only connection between the two.

I'm no bot~meister, but if I could I'd try to get involved. Maybe someone with the savvy and the will would like to take over, replace, or help with Gossip. We could really use her back!

As far as trade bots, I don't see a problem. If there should be any regulation particular to PK, it should be the types of inventory or placement restrictions, that sort of thing. I don't see how bots themselves should be a problem other than being PK'ed while using one.

I would keep the bots off the server as mentioned before.

Implementing all features on the Merchant NPC so that they can buy/sell and not only sell like they do now. The possibility of PM the NPC to get his inventory would be great.

I know that the NPC aren't being used to their full potential at the moment but in part also because some people refuse to walk to buy items. Some people will rather buy items for 20gc at storage when they can buy at 15gc from one of the NPCs

I had a chat with Radu/Entropy on main tonight and asked about sales bots. His reply:

radu: I don't know about bots, if people want them, sure

I verified a few points with him:

1. You buy a character and level it up (just like you do on main).

2. All normal bot fees apply (just like main).

3. All bot rules apply, including getting permission for placment (just like main).

4. When in doubt, it's just like main (do you see a trend here? :P ).

We only talked about sales bots, but I think that's all people are really interested in at this time.

For offical bot rules and prices (excluding the $5 for the character) see: Bot In Game Rules

I had a chat with Radu/Entropy on main tonight and asked about sales bots. His reply:

I would like to ask if Radu was referring to "people want them" as in the server wanting them or 1 person.

I for one keep the position of not wanting bots in the PK Server and some other people have the same opinion. From the rest of your post I get the feeling that it's not the server opinion that matters here and who ever wants 1 now can just get it.

Even though i am one of the people that would set up a trade bot on here

I still believe it should be the people that play the game which make the decision

so maybe a vote is needed whether or not to have trade bots on this server

if it ends up the answer is no bots then I am happy with that

But if the answer it yes to bots the i feel some restriction should apply

maybe only 1 bot per guild , this means you have to have a guild to own a bot

This can be used to help a guild or one player

If another player wants a Bot then he/she would have to leave the guild start his/her own guild and join the new Bot to his/her new guild

This would improve the pk server as there would be more guilds (hopefully more pking)

But the main thing is it would help to stop people that don't play exploiting this server (certain people on main would put loads of bots on to pk server just to make pk gc to trade for mains gc) this would only help them and not the PK server.

just another idea

Handyman Thor

Even though i am one of the people that would set up a trade bot on here

I still believe it should be the people that play the game which make the decision

so maybe a vote is needed whether or not to have trade bots on this server

if it ends up the answer is no bots then I am happy with that

although there is no easy way to keep the vote to the pk server players I support your idea.

I understand you want a bot real bad as Thor has the NPC on c2 and you have been pretty much a 1 man guild making items and supplying the server with pretty much everything from manu to crafting.

Maybe if each vote had a reply stating name on the server, reason for vote and if they agree(or do not) with the limitation to 1 bot per guild.

I agree it would need to be a fair way

and only people that play can vote so they would need to state their ingame name no alts lol 1 vote per person

Handy

I think Ent has sort of already decided on the "if" question. :P

I would support the idea of one bot per guild. I think that's fair. I'm not sure how we would enforce it other than just not using an "illegal" bot if it appeared.

I would also support the idea that only active PK-server players can own/operate a bot. Again, I'm not sure how to enforce that. I doubt Ent would have any part of enforcing such restrictions even though that would work the best.

Personally, I think the issue will be bot placement. Since there are so few non-PK areas to place a bot (you want it non-PK so new/weaker players can use the bot safely), I think what bots we have will tend to be all collected in a few places.

I would support the idea of one bot per guild. I think that's fair. I'm not sure how we would enforce it

Easy for instance if i had Oden as my bot it would carry a Thor tag as Handyman is my main char and rank 20 of a guild i could do it

but there would only be 1 bot with Thor tag

If Bkc56 wants a bot as hes rank 20 of a guild he can but it will have to carry the Spam guild tag

I would also support the idea that only active PK-server players can own/operate a bot. Again, I'm not sure how to enforce that.

This is a harder one any idea's ???? unless its Radu's decision on how much thay have been playing this server must be easy to check how often they logg on or how active the guild is

Personally, I think the issue will be bot placement. Since there are so few non-PK areas to place a bot (you want it non-PK so new/weaker players can use the bot safely)

VOTD, NC ( inner city), WSC, WS Docks, IP, any more ideas ~?

I think Ent has sort of already decided on the "if" question.

go's back to the voting thing = if majority of the community says yes to bots then ok but if majority says no then its No Bots for now

Handy Thor