Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DogBreath

Teleport to anywhere ring

Was mixing teleport rings and thought, it'd be nice to make a rare one, maybe one that could teleport anywhere (perhaps a pop up box to the destinations...)

Seems like it'd be a must have item for those occasions you need to get some where really fast :lipssealed:

I'd bet this (or something similar) has been suggested before.

I think a ring where you can choose the destination doesn't make sense, after all the destination of the ring is magically imprinted when it's crafted by the ingredients and the crafter. It's not a simple "let's turn this ruby a bit sideways to get to Nordcarn instead".

A ring with random destinations would make sense as a crafting mistake though (perhaps the ring wasn't perfect or the gem not polished well enough).

How could they work? I see (at least) two ways:

• You can shift the original tele-point by a random vector (possibly leaving the original map but going to neighboring maps at the most) where every ring is affected in the same way and the probability to end at a certain point tends to zero as the distance to the original tele-point increases.
  • Or you can make the destination random (same continent or even across both) and have give rings a certain percentage to teleport you somewhere else (the percentage could be different per ring but I don't think that'd be worth the effort unless one would want to make some rings more of a pain than others).

Such a ring would completely messed up crafting market.

I'd rather see Ermabwed suggestion on the game. Makes more sense.

If it's rare, I'm not so sure how it'd mess up the crafting market... Just a nice bonus when you're crafting tp rings...

Maybe a chance of it misfiring and porting you to a random loacation, sounds fun :)

As far as making sense, this wouldn't be the first, or only thing, to not make sense... It is a game :o

Edit: to portals room sounds cool too

Edited by DogBreath

Or just by making c1 ring there will be a chance of making a ring of a map that doesn t have a teleport ring (ie ring of Nordcarn) , same thing when making a c2 ring (ie ring of SRM)

I seem to remember Roja saying once there was no reason why not all maps would have a ring. I don't know if that's still the plan though (I can only hope!), and really wouldn't know when and where she said it anymore.

Some more 'enriched' items for crafting would be great though, it's only the RoP now (and making damage rings isn't the best thing to do). I still think about the suggestion Ghrae once made, the 'ring of WTF?!' a lot :)

I'd bet this (or something similar) has been suggested before.

Correct :)

I once suggested the Ring of Portals Room as a special item while mixing rings. It was a long time ago, I don't remember the reactions ^^

I seem to remember Roja saying once there was no reason why not all maps would have a ring. I don't know if that's still the plan though (I can only hope!), and really wouldn't know when and where she said it anymore.

I would really love a Ring of Nordcarn.. And Kilaran Fields too actually, would be nice for contests.

Suggested before. (Both teleporting anywhere, and portals room ring)

Denied before.

Search is your friend.

The only thing I feel needs to be done with the rings is re-looking at some of the c2 rings used. Rings were added to the first maps finished, rather than getting a good amount of the continent covered by rings.

Edited by Acelon

"maybe one that could teleport anywhere" That sounds to me like a ring that teleports you to a random location.

i remember Ghrea suggestion about Ring of wt.. ;)

Personally I don't mind the suggestion if those uber-rings are made by chance, like FE - EFE and are quite rare. Crafters would only benefit.

To spice the things up, lets say these rings could have 5-10% chance that you end up in the middle of Hulda instead ;)

i would rather have a coordinates tele ring where u can type in the coords and then select the map and instantly tele to that point but ofcourse this is out of the qustion lol unless its like super rare but if it was it wouldnt be much of a use since people wont buy them. :rolleyes::P