handyman

Cyndarks Return

Cyndarks return

Part one

They said it couldn't happen

Myths should stay Myths especially ones as dark as this

There had been peace in the land for many years

This kept the balance between the monsters and the people throughout the realm

From the days of the Mortos wars and the treaties that were signed thereafter and the monsters were given their own lands and were not allowed to cross over.

Only those brave enough would dare to cross the boarders of such lands knowing they would be attacked.

This was the way it had been for many years so people trained hard to protect themselves in such lands.

Reading through the scriptures I have found that on the odd occasion monsters might break the treaty and cross over to the people's lands but was very rare and normally due to natural disasters so they would come in search of food .The people would have to join together and defend their lands pushing the monsters back.

But recently the Invasions seem to be more and more frequent.

Monsters were crossing over knowing that it meant certain death. Some even came from Irilion to Seridia, But why? Had they gone crazy? Or was something scaring them?

So I made it my quest to find out, but this had to be done in secret so I told everyone I was going away on holiday.

The lands are scarred with the echoes of the past, so many unanswered questions, so many deserted villages, so many pieces of the puzzle missing. Where would I start?

What I really needed to know is what were in those treaties and I don't mean the version passed down to us from the Temple Scholars

So I searched the old temples and libraries throughout the lands, translating what I could with my limited resources but still came up empty all I kept seeing was a name? A place? It was "knaharktra" who? What was this? but it seemed important in the ancient scrolls and tablets that I found.

I was at my whit's end so went back to the beginning where the previous invasions took place.

Then I noticed it, the clue I had missed, but could it be true or was I just reading too much into it.

Who knows more about these monsters than anyone? The bookseller in Grubani Peninsula.

His name happened to be Nahark, Knaharktra could this be the same person?

I approached him "Knaharktra" I called

"Now that's a name I have not heard of in a long time "he said

"So it is you "I replied

"There is no point in denying it, I have been watching you over the past days I knew it was only a matter of time before you put the pieces together" he replied.

It was like he had been waiting for me and not just for a few days but for many years, we sat talking for hours .

Nahark had been training us, setting the invasions in Seridia across 4 lands with the strongest monsters in Grubani Peninsula so he could keep an eye on the stronger fighters.

These were all summoned monsters; Nahark had been raising our attack and defence levels and improving our magic without us even knowing it.

I asked him what about the invasion recently in Palon Vertas he said that was not his doing that is just a taste of what was to come when "He" fully returns

"He" meaning Cyndark Mortos's chief Dragon forged in the fires of hell itself possessed by all that was pure evil.

He knew what was to come and with the return of Cyndark, the Realm would be set into chaos and the treaties that had kept us save for so many years would be broken unless "we" I say we because it would take every person throughout the land joining together to even stand a chance of defeating him, Defeating Cyndark the same Cyndark that even Mortos and the Temple scholars themselves could not control.

The one that Mortos himself feared

In the years gone passed there was a time where this realm was not at peace

The time of the Mortos wars before the treaties when Cyndark turned on Mortos.

He was out of control, lived off the ash left by his fiery breath.

As you travel the land you will notice ancient ruins sticking up out of the ground everywhere, strange statues in places that are now laid to waste.

Each land has a story to tell how it survived the time of Cyndark or as many who now lay hidden how they did not survive........

Part two will follow

Handy Thor

Edited by handyman