Eternal Lands Official Forums
Banedon

PK server List of Criminals

Just a few thoughts (and then i really do hope that this posting is allowed to fade away... please)

i know of no one who currently plays on PK server that seems to be half as concerned as the ones that have voiced their problems with what's happening... yet don't play on that server. Everyone there is more than happy about what's happening.. so surely shouldn't that be what counts?

Yes we would love to see more people there...... and they would all be made to feel as welcome as i did when i returned to the server after a short absence. (the joy of going back to a period of dial up... groans)

As i said before.... everyone is entitled to their own opinions. So please allow us ours... as well as your own.

Thanks to those who have spoken up for us.. and as for those who think that as a lowly manu'er on the server i am under other peoples thumbs.. you really don't know me do you :) i didn't chose the name spirited for nothing :o

So far it's all working well there...... and i can't see any problems that together... with communication (a very handy tool!)... we won't be able to solve in the future.

thanks

spirited :)

But they want new people to come right?

And the problem they have is anyone new reading this and considering going there will see nothing but a cliquey group of players deciding how the place should run and who ultimately have some power to make their lives in the game hard if they dare to disagree.

That is my concern. And again, I am entitled to express it without being shouted down by those who have NO control over how I think or act.

That or the fact that you need to do more on the PK server to PK than harvesting blue lupines 90% of the time.

On the PK server you need to know how to level other skills to get your items or harvest a lot more than on main to get money for items.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41338

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43252

but if you can get the ingredients there are players that will mix for free, doesn't matter if you are in their guild or guildless. How often do you see that on the main server? In a guild maybe and not that often anymore.

If I was to try the same thing on the main server - or even test for that matter (to quote The Lawnmower Man - "I am God here") and tell everyone that what I say goes I would be laughed off the server. Yet 3 people decide they will do exactly that (the 4th was nominated by the other 3) and tell the world that they are doing that and nobody is expected to bat an eyelid.
Main server has Mods to do that. And for every post you add I feel happy for all the main server players that you aren't in the Mod list.

These things may have changed now, however the people arguing for this idea really should take into account how much of an impact this has on people looking to play on the PK server.
Hmm, I might get myself a PK server account now, if I can be bothered
did any of you whiners ever notice the RP in MMORPG? it's a roleplay game ffs! in fact i really consider changing to the pk server now, since it seems to be more fun and there seems to be much more team spirit.

Lorlen and kl4Uz hope to see you soon :)

For those who don't know the PK server:

Cool down of 1 second -- you can mix on food. you can eat 8 or 9 fruits during the 10 seconds cool down of Potion of Feasting.

Free spawns -- you will always have a free spawn somewhere and you might even get a visit from someone while you are training.

Using multiple accounts and trading between them -- if you are a fighter you can get other accounts to gather you resources or just help around the antisocial perk.

No bots -- no spam on market channel. you have gossip and eternalbroker with nice features though

Augmented leather armor -- it's like red dragon armor but brown and cheaper.

Mature community -- if you don't know what it means I will never be able to explain it to you.

If anyone cares , back to OG post handy, yaser, and bkc did not even know there names were going to be on the "list" and not in same guild and hunt each other (not duriong invasions), so cant see how they are inspiring to anything.

so i propose we let non pk players have the rest of this thread to vent through .

if you feel better when gone imagine how much better you would feel to not have to vent mains furstrations come play on pk server and see how much you need to vent.

Death only hurts the first time,

And at some point the ants will rule

Gambit

now looks like Main server players have come to the PK forums to disagree with each other and Flame Lmao

This is the sort of thing that know longer exists in the PK server

and im glad to say i dont really miss it

Nice to see your still keeping in Touch Masterpiter i keep hoping you wil return one day (if not you could always give me your guilds npc in wsc i have loads to sell on it lol) :)

But you are right

There wont be new players there if its not free( trial period for a week or something like that or 1st account free) and u got no choice between servers at log in screen :)

Was suggested 1k times already, we began to suggest it when there was still often 40-50 accounts online, since we saw ppl leaving coz of too small player base.

Till those 2 changes get implemented those 4 "kings" can even ask(force) pk server players( all other 6 of them :) ) to lick their feet and no1 will care :whistle:

This would make a difference

But untill such times us king gods megla what evers will just have to keep it running over here

Masterpiter you could come join us we will soon have the first dragon kill on the PK server i will make you your own KIngs crown out of one of his scales

Sorry if im turning this thread in to a joke now but i give up when Mains players come over here to argue with eachother

Why dont you just make up you own forums and argue there

Have you not realised not one PK player has agread with you and instead thay are all sticking together

This should tell you how great it is here and what a great community we have made

Come play then your intitled to a say my quote of the week lmao

kl4Uz we do have a great team spirit and you are more than welcome Labrat will sort you out one of his alts :)

everyone is welcome If you enjoy PK, or enjoy a great team spirit, then Pk server is a great place,

Handyman Thor

[bKC56]

[Lonewolfe (banedon)]

[Yaser]

[Handyman]

To which guild(s) or alliance(s) do those people/characters belong?

Hey, ok its fine if you try to set up some rules for your clan/alliance. But if one of your enemies kills you (during an invasion, whatever) thats too bad for you.

Please don't say that the 'community' (everyone playing the pk-server??) agrees to those rules. I don't for example..

So you cant say that the 'community' demands something like:

If it happens again this is the punishment and will be considered 1st time offense.

1. NO trade for 7 days from date of sentencing.

2. HIs location is to be broadcast for people who can kill him to go hunt him down.

3. Anyone caught trading with him will also receive a sentencing.

4. He will be required to make monetary payment to those who he has affected.

I'm happy to trade almost anyone ( I might not trade if the person/group acts like they own this server, while they are just another puppet. )

What if *another* group of people decides that someone behaves bad and the penalty will be: "PK-able in invasions" ?

ProH

this is the most rediculous dumb shit i've ever hard, i think ill logg on just to pk someone during an invasion and say fu to all of you.

like labby said, who died and made yall king? this has given me a laugh and has brought my respect for all four of you to the floor, gratz.

lmao u r a N00B....anyway y dont u logg on in invasion time and try to kill 1 of the players.....

and fyi the people who play on pk server DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT!!

so WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM. Y DONT U LOGG IN AND PK ME kkty

the top 4 name selected were the top 4 ppl who play on this server

I WAS THE FIRST PERSON WHO PKED SOME PLAYER IN INVASION

the rule was created by the low lvl ppl so they dont get pked in invasions (not by me/us)

and mrhide is doing invasions for us players can have fun. not randome invasions of monster so we can lose rostos/dmg items.....he summons the stuff we want

like i wanted to try dc in invasion and he got it for me :D

lw wanted a dragon and he summoned a dragon

lol @ this thread.

stfu and go and pk them if you have issue with the way they run the server. Yes, they can run it how they want at the moment as they are the strongest, got a problem? Go and train to kill them for once instead of spamming up these forums with completely irrelevent drivel (looking at YOU here labrat, i mean jesus, if you spent half as much time training as you do chatting shit you'd have reached the cap by now)

To me this system seems much better, I'd rather have community (more or less) appointed "mods" (for lack of a better word, or maybe "sheriffs"? ^^) than some of the people who get power on and run the main server.

Hmm, I might get myself a PK server account now, if I can be bothered :)

Lol you're too pro for me with your biting comments.

I can't be bothered to reread this lot but the pro PK server bunch are contradicting themselves constantly.

To summarise:

Who came up with the 4 names?

"I did"

"not me I don't even want to be on the list"

"the community did"

"maybe a poll should have been held - but we would probably have decided on these four anyway"

"wtf has it got to do with you - you don't even play"

You kinda completely missed the point of my post - there are no safeguards there to stop the bunch of tin badge sheriffs from singling out a player and deciding that they are inappropriate material for the PK server.

What do you think the reaction would be if I logged in - a warm welcome with open arms or quiet commandments from on high to PK me on sight?

I know which one I would bet on. Anyone got a map of the Underworld?

Wait, what? I think you mistook me for someone who gives a shit :/

I think you missed my point as well, why waste so much time here dicussing something that is ultimately irelevent? In the end people on the PK server will decide how, when and why they do things, no amount of chat here will change that.

labby got OWNED

those 4 "kings" can even ask(force) pk server players( all other 6 of them :)) to lick their feet and no1 will care :)

mp

its kind of opposite erm other players (6 players?) asked not to get pked in invasions.

when they got attacked by bugspray.....every 1 told him to stop (6players/4kings) and he said " i didnt know sorry wont happen again"

next invasion he got on, he did the same thing. He went after 15-20 lvl a/d players (new players) and killed them (in invasion)(who can end up quitting).

he also attacked gambit, but unlike others he OWNED him, so he ran back to 15-20 lvl players.

yea i know nothing wrong with what he did. He is allowed to play however he wants. (and i totally 100% agree with that)

but y r ppl having problems with the way I play or we play.

every 1 has stopped trading with him (good luck making diss/armor), his location gets pmed everytime some 1 see's him

i killed him 3 times (he is already out of diss) day after the incident & his killed alt 7 times (on silver ore, out of he's to :P)

no 1 is being forced 2 play our way. only thing is if u pk during invaion time, the top 4 will come pk u.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/yas.../untitled-3.jpg

I find your signature offensive. Guess I'll be #abusing you.

3. No Hate Groups

Do not organize nor be a part of any guilds or groups within Eternal Lands or their forums that are based on or advocate any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay or other hatemongering philosophies.

This rule applies to signatures too.
What can and cannot be included in signatures and images follows the same rules and regulations as anything else posted in these forums.
Edited by LabRat

I just hope this thread doesn't turn players off to the PK server. We really are having a grand time, none of this 'policing' issue comes up during the game, and I didn't even know about the one situation that occured because it blew over so quickly.

We are trying to come up with ways to attract more players to come try the server... I was even thinking about volunteering my alt for borrowing just to check it out since I can't run two clients at once on this antique computer. Frankly, I was warned that all someone would have to do is change my password and *poof* I'm out five bucks! I have met players over the years that would actually do that... I'll consider lending my alt out to people I know well, just as a peace offering. We really could use more company, and like Gambit said "The ants will rule!"

Anyway, our little 'system' is working, hardly needs to be used, gets no complaints, and can be easily changed. Problem? No problem.

P.S.: Lonewolfe, on your siggy... Bad dog! You just have to pull on the short hairs! No bacon for you today! And everyone else... that was a crack someone made in this thread ABOUT our four top players and not created by any of us! As I mentioned in an earlier post, Banedon has a flair for the dramatic and likes to use it! It's not megalomania, it's just a tweaked sense of humor. :)

I beg pardon for botching this post script... that's Yaserhameed's siggy not Banedon's. I don't find it offensive myself, but I know how that one word can affect people.

Edited by Piggy

Straight to his defense again.

You his concubine or what?

LOL you know why he put that siggy up there because that is what I was called by the none pk playing people. He did it just as I did poking fun as to what I was called on here.

I have killed probably the most amount of people on the pk server but nobody gets upset, why because it is the risk of the pk server and because I have my own rules of how I play. THese are my personal rules these are not community rules. AGAIN THESE ARE ONLY THE RULES I PLAY BY.

1. WHEN I pk a person i give them 1 game day w/o worry of getting pk'd by me. Unless it has been dictated by the community to help a troublemaker.

2. I do not curse and swear and go on tyrants.

3. I myself have gone over the top in global chat and have been asked to calm it down and I do.

4. When I pk a noob, just because I found them out and about, and did not have the on my kill list I offer them back their gear. I only do this the first time. since it is basically a senseless killing they had no way of protecting themselves. if they don't want their gear back I give it to another noob or even the ants.

5. adhere to any community rules set.

I have strict rules for myself in game so that I don't go over the top and chase the new players away. just because it is a pk server and is a lawless server does not mean that we all have to act a certain way. As many people that hated the way HOtzenplotz Played, I enjoyed his style of play. It gave me the thrill of constantly looking over my shoulder. gettin pk'd and then coming back with fight gear and trying to win. I never did beat him but I tried.

MP was the master of the server HE knows what he is doing. We miss him too. Most of the pkers from the beginning were respected pkers with a few that acted a few cards short of a full deck.

I am not the nazi dictator nor a king of the server that those 3 of you who don't play on the pk server think I am. If you get an account and come to the pk server you can ask anyone pm anyone heck even forum pm anyone and you will see.

YOU KNOW THERE IS ONLY 1 KING and that is RADU.

Edited by Banedon

I'd like Yaser to remove his signature, too. Not only is it disrespectful, it demonstrates ignorance (Ye Gods!) among our forumgoers. Please remove it, thank you.

And btw:

labby got owned

You phail at forums, whoever said this.

(Now to go drag up some old quotes...)

Edited by Aphistolas

LOL you know what I think SOme of you missed the fact that this is another ROLE PLAYING ASPECT to the PK server. We do alot of that on the pk server. If you read about the events that we have on the PK server they all have roleplay with them.

If you don't like roleplaying that is fine to, you don't need to participate in the role play aspect. Considering their are role players on main too and ones that don't. I don't see the roleplayers bashed because they role play.

you had a outlaws forum on main server well except for some most are outlaws by main server standard here.

So yes we added another element of role play and I am glad to see that some people really like that fact and have joined because of the role play aspect that we have added. But hey it is not for everyone.

If everyone liked EL their would be no other games online.

Hopefully this is my last post on this subject.

Maybe those that have taken time to read it all will realise that the fact that some of us see fit to come to peoples defense shows how strong the sense of community is on PK server.

i rarely if ever post on this board.... but i couldn't let this subject alone.... because many of the things that were being said were in my mind unfair.

Hopefully having had my say.... i can now retire back to the twlight and continue to observe rather than put myself in the firing line :)

Take care all

spirited :)

LOL you know what I think SOme of you missed the fact that this is another ROLE PLAYING ASPECT to the PK server. We do alot of that on the pk server. If you read about the events that we have on the PK server they all have roleplay with them.

If you don't like roleplaying that is fine to, you don't need to participate in the role play aspect. Considering their are role players on main too and ones that don't. I don't see the roleplayers bashed because they role play.

you had a outlaws forum on main server well except for some most are outlaws by main server standard here.

So yes we added another element of role play and I am glad to see that some people really like that fact and have joined because of the role play aspect that we have added. But hey it is not for everyone.

I like this thread, it backtracks more than a runaway prisoner in the bayou.

Now you're saying you're role playing being the top 3 players and their friend? Whatever happened to "if you trade with the ebul one you will be summarily judged and deemed worthy of being PKd the shit out of" or whatever the line was? if I just say I am not willing to RP being a peon you leave me alone and the community (ie you 4 guys) just let me harvest cotton in peace?

I can see that argument, but to be honest it does just look like three people couped their megalomaniac-tenancies together, and suddenly decided they were going to start enforcing community rules upon each other. If you guys continue to choose which way the land lies, you might some discontent among other players (that's, in a nutshell, how rebellions start).

[suddenly realises he may be looking at it from the wrong perspective]

On the other hand, I guess this could turn out to be a benevolent, or at least benign, phase for the server. It reminds me sort of the Supreme Court. If a democracy comes from this, I'll support it all the way, as personally I'd love to see some kind of governing body of players acting as representatives. From what I can ascertain, you guys want this too. Even democracies can have their vile roots, but it seems at least a portion of the PK server agree.

However, I seriously don't like the idea of laying down punishments. The first post put me right off, it was basically:

"Well, you may never have heard of these four people, but we now rule you, you have to do what we say...."

The idea of paying a fine is completely and utterly ludicrous at this stage, a simple apology and promise s/he won't commit an outlawable action again should suffice.

And you still haven't addressed the issue of 'neutrality'. Won't you be more inclined to punish your enemies who, may or even may not, have commited a crime? Shouldn't you vote on it? (That would still make it elitist, but it'd be kind of like congress, or the senate, or whatver that way).

I like this thread, it backtracks more than a runaway prisoner in the bayou.

Now you're saying you're role playing being the top 3 players and their friend? Whatever happened to "if you trade with the ebul one you will be summarily judged and deemed worthy of being PKd the shit out of" or whatever the line was? if I just say I am not willing to RP being a peon you leave me alone and the community (ie you 4 guys) just let me harvest cotton in peace?

this is probably one of the best responses to this thread heard yet. you know the punishment for trading with a person after being banned for trade has not been decided and it it would happen it would be a community decision as to how to handle it.

Yes from the outside looking in. It looks like I handed down judgement. without consult of the community at large. You may also say it looks like I self appointed these 3 other people. You would be correct we did not hold elections. However it was only done at the time being because of the 3 of us are the top fighters and in a game such as this the only people who can enforce rules are those who fight hard.

Now I specifically appointed BKC56 for several reasons.

1. reason one he is a supplier not a pker.

2. he has played since the beginning.

3. He is probably the most fair of everyone.

4. He has no specific ties to anyone and spam is allies with most.

But since I see your point I will put down and here all the bashing on it as well a rough draft of a governing body and a possible nominations and elections section. Yaser, handy, and myself do not need to hold positions we can be enforcers of the community body.