Eternal Lands Official Forums
Banedon

PK server List of Criminals

I don't want to deal with the outside PK server politics anymore. you know what I really don't care at all anymore. So I guess you guys who don't play on the PK SERVER win.

Edited by Banedon

Lost:

items that i will replace in time

Won:

Several hours reading this convoy, resulting in:

- loving the PK server community even more

- feeling grateful that on main server i have been in Dao since i joined a guild

Edited by temospena

I'll say it before someone else does (no offense)

Who the hell died and made

BKC56

Lonewolfe (banedon)

Yaser

Handyman

god?

BKC56

Lonewolfe (banedon)

Yaser

Handyman

god?

erm u died on pk server among other players. :P ....so i / we made our self teh god? :confused:

i dont like to be called god, so u can call me king if you want :)

BKC56

Lonewolfe (banedon)

Yaser

Handyman

god?

erm u died on pk server among other players. :P ....so i / we made our self teh god? :confused:

i dont like to be called god, so u can call me king if you want :)

And I did until someone comes along and can kill us or is more popular. :)

no. Thanks for the offer though.

The word you're looking for is

vigilante

Specialty Definition: Vigilante

(From Wikipedia, the free Encyclopedia)

In modern terms, vigilantes are secret militias or police which attempt law enforcement, in the usual phrase, "by taking the law into their own hands".

In the United States vigilantism was especially strong in Montana during the days of the gold rush and in California during the struggle for control of the gold fields after the gold rush of 1849 and during labor unrest between the World Wars. However vigilantism frequently broke out in other areas of the country and often resulted in lynching of suspected criminals.

In Spanish, vigilante means 'watchman', which is how many of these groups started, where there was no organized law enforcement.

Vigilantism is also the basic concept from which much contemporary fiction is derived, including stories published in dime novels and comic books. Many superheroes, including but not limited to Doc Savage and Superman, are vigilantes rather than duly-appointed officers of the law.

You may think you're doing the right thing but until I say you can act on my behalf then I am afraid you really shouldn't.

I don't think any of you has the unquestionable right to be judge, jury and executioner any more than I have.

vigilante

In modern terms, vigilantes are secret militias or police which attempt law enforcement, in the usual phrase, "by taking the law into their own hands".

In the United States vigilantism was especially strong in Montana during the days of the gold rush and in California during the struggle for control of the gold fields after the gold rush of 1849 and during labor unrest between the World Wars. However vigilantism frequently broke out in other areas of the country and often resulted in lynching of suspected criminals.

In Spanish, vigilante means 'watchman', which is how many of these groups started, where there was no organized law enforcement.

Vigilantism is also the basic concept from which much contemporary fiction is derived, including stories published in dime novels and comic books. Many superheroes, including but not limited to Doc Savage and Superman, are vigilantes rather than duly-appointed officers of the law.

You may think you're doing the right thing but until I say you can act on my behalf then I am afraid you really shouldn't.

I don't think any of you has the unquestionable right to be judge, jury and executioner any more than I have.

erm read this

None Shall PK during Invasions, (MrHIde Invasions)

None shall PK during autoinvasions on the invasion map. (IE AC's in votd gold mine 2nd lvl, 1st lvl. votd)

Scamming shall not be done.

this is the stuff we r trying to enforce ...call us

vigilante
teh god
king
or w/e u want if u brake these rules u will get hunt down.........not just by 4 of us ... by the whole community of pk server try doing this sometime :confused:

#edit

btw y r u bitching about this anyway...u dont play on this server & and the ppl playing on this server dont have a problem with this so stfu and stop going offtopic kkty :P

Edited by yaserhameed

vigilante

sell me a pk server char please.

Actually I have several PK server characters.

So you stfukkthxbye.

i for one am glad that something has been done on PK server.

We don't need tons of rules....... but a few (that all the regular players on the server agree with) are great.

And that's what has been done... well as far as i'm concerned it has.

Thanks for helping sort out problems that have arrisen folks... it's appreicated.

:confused:

Actually I have several PK server characters.

So you stfukkthxbye.

erm i said u dont play on pk server.....um gratz u got chars!!!! (omg no way)

i killed u 3 times @ pl harving bl (got cape/5kgc)

handy/mango and others *CO*members killed u many many times

and everytime u died u bitched about it for an hour in pms

i guess u finally got tired of getting owned on this server and quit :confused:

good this main server doesnt have to many pk maps or u would have quit there to

btw y u got sooooooooooo mannnnnnnny chars on pk server ...to pk?

u played for so many years and u got like 50-60 a/d on main...oO

#edit

sell 1 of your mannnnnnny chars to tempest?

Edited by yaserhameed

BKC56

Lonewolfe (banedon)

Yaser

Handyman

god?

I really don't understand what this might bother you in some way. I am playing for 1 month on the PK server now and never saw you on, unless you have a different name form the main server like myself.

I gave the main server a break because of the whining coming from pk and joined a pk server. I only posted here what i lost from being pked 2x during yesterdays invasion because i was asked to do so by several pk server players that i respect.

From what i have heard during these last couple of weeks the pk server had a boom in the beginning but due to poor attitudes from some players most left. When i started playing no more than 10 characters were online (including alts) and we have times around 30 characters now. This only happens because some people are working towards a friendly community with simple rules, already mentioned.

Someone compared the PK server to the Wild West, and they had sheriffs and marshals, everyone had a gun and would kill almost at will but when the Indians attacked everyone would work together.

This is why some people lose sleep hours to have fun on an invasion. I have had invasions ending at 2 am Monday and I was getting up before 7 to go to work. And I don't regret it a bit because it was one of the most fun invasions so far.

When someone pks me out of an invasion i might even joke about it but during an invasion with community rules gets on me. There were some that probably would just spam local/pm/channels or whatever at hand if they had been pked, other prefer more diplomatic ways.

Agreeing totally with LabRat. There shouldn't really be a hierarchy within the PK server, that's why 80% is actually PK.

Besides, there is nobody to enforce the rule of a select people, unless you try to get everyone on PK server to submit to you willingly :confused: good luck with that.

Edit: What's that called again, an oligraphy or something?

Edited by Aphistolas

I'm not sure what I think about all this.

On the one hand, it's a unmoderated server (by design). Therefore we as a community have every right to run it anyway we want. That could be a good thing or a bad thing (but then people feel the same way about moderator oversight on main (good or bad?)). But we have the right to give it a try.

I do like the idea of some community rules (as I stated in the other thread). I think some limited rules will help make things fun for everyone, especially giving the weaker players an opportunity to participate in the invasions without so much fear of being attacked all the time for their wondrous leather armor. :confused:

As to my being included on "the list", I don't know. I'm not strong enough to enforce anything, nor smart enough to help judge anything. But I'm willing to do what I can to help make the server as fun as it can be for as many people as possible.

My inclination is to say that only those who have been, and continue to be regular players on the PK server have the experience to say if some rules and the enforcement of them is a good thing or a bad thing. I'll wait and see what those directly involved have to say about it.

No I have characters on the PK server because I want them.

I have 53/54 a/d on main. Yup because I don't train on the main server, never have. I get bored after an hour of chasing round animals. I also reset and got to my current OA 80 pretty much purely from harvesting silver ore. How's that for commitment? I could have been harvesting dung for the best part of 30 minutes each hour, but I am in it for the money not the levels.

The a/d levels I have have come basically through needing to get to the ignore levels for MM and after that the IEDP perk and needing a constant stream of bones.

I don't bitch for hours about dying* (it is a fact of life), and it has to be said that with * like you playing on there I am not surprised the server is dead.

* unless you refer to the fact that I would happily attack every *CO* member I saw (and usually won) and then announced it on channel that another pro player died to my pickaxe. I loved the fact that a lot of *CO* members would attack me and end up dead before they had time to flee :confused:

So why did I join the PK server?

* to support EL

* Because even PKers need a good reliable supplier of silver ore and HE.

Why did I stop playing on there?

* because it was boring watching *CO* members trying to sneak up on me and failing miserably (minimap has been in CVS and berlios for quite some time before the PK server started)

* because I would sit in the cotton patch for hours a day levelling crafting with players avoiding me completely - I am a social player.

* because I can make money a lot quicker on the main server.

* because there were so many rosts on there nobody ever dropped anything - I know because I bought 125 rosts from a PK server player and still have about 40 in storage however many months later.

* because all people do is moan about the lack of community spirit on there - people make a community, rules don't.

* because discussions about all sorts of subjects that would get you an instant lock and IP ban on the main server are commonplace on channel 1

* because it is full of people that are only playing on there because they are banned from the main server.

I could go on with my reasons for avoiding the PK server, instead I will just go back and harvest some more silver ore on main.

have fun there you little tin star deputy :P

If i can possibly pick up just one thing here.

~quote~* because all people do is moan about the lack of community spirit on there - people make a community, rules don't.~end quote~

There is a tremendous community spirit on the pk server now. If there hadn't been.... no one would have cared a fig about what happened during the invasion last night (which is what led to todays happenings). But they do... and wanted to sort things out so they didn't happen again.

i for one am very glad for the 'spirit' that is on there now.... and couldn't wish for a nicer more supportive one.

:confused:

Basically it is the code of the lawless on the PK server. We have no real way of enforcing anything but we can make it harder for those who wish to break said rules. IE and for the most part the rules were unwritten just like the code of the wild West.

However i had to write them down. And yes the only way and I have said it before to enforce those rules is to be the strongest. Yes 3 out of the 4 of us are the strongest players who still play. BKC is not a fighter but a lover :confused: and has alot of wisdom. The other thing is everyone that "I" have set out as a judge are ones who have been FAIR and JUST on this server and have been here since the beginning and have stuck with it when alot left. WE are trying to build the community. WE are trying to make IT a fun PK SERVER, WE are trying to grow it for our sake as WELL as RADU.

SOme may not like the rules and that is fine. THey may break the rules and that is fine to. We will hand down our judgement and it can either be accepted or not. If it is not accepted the community who agrees to these rules will not deal with those people.

We may have to take turns posting to help the lesser fighters from being pk'd on the invasion maps if people use invasions to attack people they no are not as good of fighters.

Lonewolfe.

Edited by Banedon

@well labrat several of your reasons for leaving would not be valid now .

come back and sell me silver and dung

and have fun :confused:

Gambit

Why did I stop playing on there?

* because all people do is moan about the lack of community spirit on there - people make a community, rules don't.

* because discussions about all sorts of subjects that would get you an instant lock and IP ban on the main server are commonplace on channel 1

* because it is full of people that are only playing on there because they are banned from the main server.

I'd just like to point out that these are some of the reasons a lot of people left in the first few weeks. Some of us held on through the low-point, and now things are starting to come back. The reason - most of the above points have changed now.

These days, we have a STRONG community spirit (as pointed out above), the talk on @1 has cleaned up a LOT, and if there are main-banned people here, they also play for the fun and spirit of the server.

Radu may have expected the PK server to be a mean and lawless place, but it appears to be turning into the exact opposite. In some ways, it's a better environment than the main server.

Only time will tell if it will stay that way or not. But I will support the efforts of people to keep it a positive and fun place to play.

This is hilarious.

Didn't you say you WANTED people on pk server?

Have fun with those ego's. Beginning to see why you are all so desperate to have people on YOUR server. So YOU can be the bosshogs of as many people as possible.

S. (and yes I have a pk server char, like that qualifies me to laugh at this inanity. ;) )

Edited by Spleenfeeder

Wow what a Thread

I guess the list of names Lonewolfe posted was because 3 of them are the strongest that play and one is the most neutral.

We don't have many rules but as a strong community we did all agree on some

and also what we would do if they were broken.

To get the most out of the invasions one rule was no PKing during the invasions, we all work together to defeat the monsters and save each others death bags. and we all have great fun

This has been working well. we also said what we would do if anyone broke this rule

As soon as the invasion is over back to pking

Reading through this thread it is obvious that some of you that no longer play do not like what the community has chosen to do

Well reading your views and the flares in this thread its reminds me of what the server was like at the beginning with all the Bullshit and crap that everyone came out with. well sorry this server has a great community now and thats because we all stayed on here and worked together to build it to what it is now

So if we and i mean those of us that play do not like someones actions then we can and will take action against them whether this means not trading with them or attacking them at every opportunity

I do not dictate what everyone else has to do about it , it is their choice if they trade with them or not,

We have not been made godz or think we are we just help to enforce what the community wants

And the only reason why Lonewolf said that only the four people on the list could post community Law breakers on the thread was to save it getting out of control.

Labrat We do a good job of modulating this server we got rid of all the bad language, racist remarks, slagging of Mods and constant flaring and if it wasn't for this post you would not know any different as you and your many alts no longer play ( I'm still waiting for my 30k of thread you were going to make me)

This is not a dig at you my friend but i do think you post was a bit over the top, come back and play you will see what great fun it is over here now.

Spleenfeeder you really have not got a clue have you ?

Maybe posting this thread was not the best idea as it has lead to publicly disgrace someone. This was not its intention

And someone sell or give Tempest a PK char would be fun to have him over here ;)

Just my views on this matter

Handyman Thor

Edited by handyman

This is hilarious.

Have fun with those ego's. Beginning to see why you are all so desperate to have people on YOUR server. So YOU can be the bosshogs of as many people as possible.

S. (and yes I have a pk server char, like that qualifies me to laugh at this inanity. ;) )

HMM lets see I am done posting. PERiod I am not doing another thread. I am totally sick already, the same as Radu gets, at how many trolls who don't even play on the PK server just bash anything like they PLay on it.

DUDE if you not going to play on the PK SERVER than quit trying to bash those who are trying to make something out of it.

RADU NOW I truly understand why you get so upset with certain people. THE ONLY TIME THEY POST IS TO BASH SOMEONE OR SOMETHING. and constantly say well I will come back if you do this. THEY NEVER DO.

IT REALLY DISGUSTS ME HOW YOU ACTED ON THIS. IT would be different if you still played on the PK SERVER.

Those who know not should learn before opening ones mouth.

RULE 1 has brought some people back and gaining new people that play alot. An invasion would not be so great if all the high lvl's ran around pking the lower lvl's the goal is to give them a chance to lvl without worry of PK.

Rule 2 is really just a sub charter of rule 1

Rule 3 if it would have been there in the beginning would have kept probably 10-20 people from quitting.

RUle 4 Is there because it is even too outlawish for me to scam someone.

ARE any of these against game rules no. IN fact probably those who wanted a PK SERVER did not want rules like this. HOWEVER NONE OF THEM HAVE PLAYED SINCE THE FIRST MONTH.

SO YES I kinda took charge after most people quit playing with the help of alot of people especially handyman, yaser, and BKC to strive to make the PK SERVER GROW>

I REALLY think SOME OF YOU WANT IT TO FAIL that is why you have to start a flame on something that you know nothing of.

I'm DONE I'm PIssed and I am just going to play EL on the PK Server and will do what the community who plays ask not what you PEOPLE WHO THINK YOUR OPINION IS GOD WHO DON't EVEN PLAY ON IT.

PS. YOU DON"T LIKE THE RULES COME KILL ME AND SET you own isn't that simple. I Proved it would not be hard to kill me if you know what you are doing.

This is hilarious.

S. (and yes I have a pk server char, like that qualifies me to laugh at this inanity. :D )

HMM lets see I am done posting. PERiod I am not doing another thread. I am totally sick already, the same as Radu gets, at how many trolls who don't even play on the PK server just bash anything like they PLay on it.

DUDE if you not going to play on the PK SERVER than quit trying to bash those who are trying to make something out of it.

I considered every now and then to get a pk server account. I don't have an account

but now I wonder what cartel do I send my $$ to after I get an account? I have to tell you guys from a

3rd party perspective, threads like this are major turn-off for people even remotely considering an account.

Spleen points out that is seems you only want new players to further your mini-kingom (more noob peons to control).

So your way of proving he is wrong, is a meglomania rant about how 4 player rule on a server is helping to 'make it better'.

Yes, "I DON'T EVEN PLAY ON IT" as you nicely put it. Its so exciting thought of paying $5 to be under "your thumb' in a game.

Where can I sign up? ;)

(maybe I get a lurker account and sit in IP to watch the egos grow, ...err flowers:lurker:

The PK server isnt moderated for a reason, its self moderating.

Which means, at the first stage, the strongest players PK the shit out of weaker players.

At the 2nd stage, the community becomes more civilized and tries to create some ways of behaviour the majority would agree with.

Thats what happens right now, the community organizes itself, creates some rules based on common sense and tries to enforce them. Well, basically by PKing the shit out of rule breakers, but its a PK server for a reason.

And by not trading/supporting/whatever rule breakers, the social part of the game.

So its a community under development there on the PK server.

Lets see, how it evolves, grows up.

But what really makes me upset is the fact, that some ppl who are not even playing there, seem have an opinion about whats going on on the PK server and have no fear to voice their opinion in a very loud tone.

You know what?

Some ppl are playing on the PK server and enjoy it, some ppl still try to make the PK server a better place to be.

They work for that goal.

And they might be even not interested in your opinions, so better log into the PK server and play, and then say, what you have to say, or shove your opinion there, where the sun never shines.

Just my 2 euro cents, here, take them, and now, shut the fuck up!

Piper