Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DarK_NoSs

we have been banned; could you unban us please

hi,i am DarK_NoSs

I think I have understood why we have been ban my sister, my brother and me: At home we have three computers that we use sometimes at the same time my sister my brother and me. the problem is, i think that they ( the tree computers) use the same line on the net and so when we play at the same time you think that we do multi player but in fact it's not true : we have one character each .

please unban us (Tailsi ..DarK_NoSs..fluo1)

i think that fluo1 was banned because i have played at a friend's on his computer with my character but at this time I didnt know the rules very well (I'am french and not very good in english yet except when my mother help me ) :closedeyes

thank you for your help

You left out a few:

In addition to tailsi, fluo1, and dark_noss, you had:

wilian, _blanc_ , ange_delamort, dead_dragonie, angor, theros, thiros, rioumax, maxence locked as well for illegal multi and character creation spam on top of that.

I see continuous illegal multi troubles back in September even.

You may have a brother but there was definitely 1 person running 2 characters at the blue lupine bush you were caught at.

I suggest you fully read rule 5. You cannot use somebody else's character to mule for you. And this was your third strike.

Before we did not know regles because we are French and poor English. But when we etions with character fluo1; Tailsi and DarK_NoSs we did not make any more d illegal multi because we had understood that was forbidden. And I explain you that we are 3 and there is 1

computer each .un moderateur said to us that we had the meme Ip and it us avon understood whom c etait has reason of it that fesions banned.et us to us for other character has by white; ange_delamort; dead_dragonie they are has my neighbour maxence .nous sums desoler and we shall begin again ever

Before we did not know regles because we are French and poor English. But when we etions with character fluo1; Tailsi and DarK_NoSs we did not make any more d illegal multi because we had understood that was forbidden. And I explain you that we are 3 and there is 1

computer each .un moderateur said to us that we had the meme Ip and it us avon understood whom c etait has reason of it that fesions banned.et us to us for other character has by white; ange_delamort; dead_dragonie they are has my neighbour maxence .we are sorry and we shall begin again ever

computer each .un moderateur said to us that we had the meme Ip and it us avon understood whom c etait has reason of it that fesions banned.et us to us for other character has by white; ange_delamort; dead_dragonie they are has my neighbour maxence .we are sorry and we shall begin again ever

I can't understand most of what you said.

Regardless, 1 person was using 2 or more characters, we tested it iwth multiple mods and logs bear it out. Plus you still have more alts than people you are claiming.

Doesn't matter if 20 people live there, you can't use somebody else's character to help yourself, which IS what happened multiple times. You got caught at it 3 times. Once you lie, you tend to not be believed.

The best you can hope for is 1 character gets unlocked and NO MORE ALTS. And even that is iffy considering how many times you tried to pull this.

I suggest you get a french translation of the rules, especially rule 5 and read it carefully. Very carefully.

I think that we don't understand each other.

My character and my brother's one have the same IP because all of the computers which are at home have the same Ip as they use the same line on the net ; so when we play at the same time (my brother and i in particular), for you it looks like one person had two charracters, i think

now the reason why you count more alts than the people we are claiming can be explained by the fact that : as we have been banned many times, each times we have created a new character in order to be able to play again, : (was it a mistake?) and moreover some of the characters belonged to my neighbour who used to come and play at home and vice et versa

so can you please, at least unban two characters, one for my brother (tailsi) and one for me ( dark_noss).

It is not about the same IP, which I tried to explain. We can tell if 2 people are on from the same IP or if 1 person is using 2 or more characters himself on the same IP. These characters were tested and logs (we have character action logs too in addition to IP logs).

Really, give us a little credit for knowing how to read the logs (in addition to reading dates). :)

sorry he hasn't see that you have answered ( in fact my son is quite anxious and isn't able to manage it ).I think however that they have understood what is allowed and what is not :it seems that they must always play on the same computer with their character

Ok we are waiting for your tests. I hope it will be OK .

Thank you

Ummm they were tested and that is why they were locked for the third time. It's not about which computer, but one son cannot use his own character and his brother's at the same time to help himself, which was what was happening. (Edit: in addition to having the illegal alts). It doesn't matter if it is on 2 computers, 5 computers, or just 1 computer with more than one client up.

It is no different than making an alt to help yourself.

I will unlock the two characters requested, but no more alts, no more sharing. One person per character at all times, both in theory and in practise.

OK, thank you very much : you can't imagine how happy they are !

just a precision what is an alt exactly : what do you mean when you say "It is no different than making an alt to help yourself"

and they would like to know

-if they are allowed to exchange armor or other thinks?

-if they are allowed to harvest together without helping eachother?

thank you for your answer

An alt is another character other than the main one used. You can't make more than one character for the purpose of helping the other characters, which is described in detail in rule 5. Also people looking for loopholes to get around that will be punished as well, called "breaking the spirit of the rules". Please note this also means the main cannot help the alt either :)

As to harvesting together? I'd say no based on their history.

Trading? Well depends, a few items here and there are fine, when we start seeing the same patterns as before it's not so fine. And of course each brother must operate his own character, he can't run off to eat or whatever and say "hey brother, run my character for me".