Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kibora

New #ig colour

Dunno what you think about it but for me purple is a hard to read colour. Not enough contrast on black background. Could it be changed back to what it was or at least to something brighter

I like it, and I actually think it's easier to read than the original grey.

Agreed.. Sorry, I like the change

I like it, and I actually think it's easier to read than the original grey.

On the contrary, I find it more difficult to read.

I find it way more noticeable and easier to read too than the grey. I do agree a brighter shade of purple would be better though. The shade of the message SPECIAL_EFFECT_unknown:19 would be great imo.

(for me, the grey color got lost into oblivion mixed with the background channels I had up, I always was missing my #ig's)

well i tried not to say anything again because i just get told my monitor sucks so w/e..

anyways my eyes aint the best and the new color hurts badly, a bit brighter color would be nice.

i can read the ig when beeing in console, but thats bad when im training, its hard to read for me

when having textures in the background like mountains or ground. almost impossible for me.

I dont think its very userfriendly for everyone out there. sure some ppl can read it some dont but

i think it should suit everyone.

lolz k i appreciate the try of suiting it for everyone :D just think it didnt work properly :P:icon13:

lolz k i appreciate the try of suiting it for everyone :D just think it didnt work properly :P:icon13:

Agreed. It really is more difficult to read both in console mode and normal mode. It's just way too dark.

IMO it should really have been changed to a neutral colour, cus tbh purple is errrmm damn ugly :P

Should have really been a lighter shade of blue than #gm's or a darker green than spell msgs.. it could even just have been slightly tweaked to silver to make it stand out from background channels

There are already too many blue messages. Absolutely no more blue.

And we already have green.

And grey/silver/ are pretty much the same in this context.

How about making the color configurable?

Would be a nice feature for other colors as well, I know some people have problems with reading the guild messages and modspam in console...

If configurable works, that would be very nice :D

Otherwise, I think we could switch the colors from #Ig and New Hour/Sunset/Sunrise/Day warning. (Those warnings don't have to be easy to read :P)

i think last time we asked for that we became a no -,- it would be really nice if we could have it be configurable,

in my oppinion thats the best option to let it suit for everyone.

Edited by Scorpius

There are already too many blue messages. Absolutely no more blue.

And we already have green.

And grey/silver/ are pretty much the same in this context.

Why not change the global msgs to purple and have a differant shade of blue for #ig's ? .. alot less global msgs than there is ig msgs to read

Do mod's use green ? afaik only spells do and how often they are cast ( unless in pk and cant read #ig's anyway) #ig msgs will not overlap very much

or as Learner suggested, allow personal colour configuration

Mods use blue as well, no more blue :D((((

Green is also used for the level messages I think (i level so rarely I'm relying on memory for what THAT'S worth :P )

Red and orange are out obviously, really no other option left unused (the point being it needs to be different to be noticeable, not blend in with harvest messages or background channels or modchat/guild chat, etc).

Besides purple is a beautiful color.

If ent would do configurable, that would be great as well.

i think last time we asked for that we became a no -,- it would be really nice if we could have it be configurable,

in my oppinion thats the best option to let it suit for everyone.

I think we got no-no to sending message colours via server, i.e. #gm <color=red> blah blah blah, which would be a red message for everybody in guild.

Learner's suggestion affects only one person. I like.

:thumbs up: for configurable

ah ok o_0 well when i asked for it, it was meant the way that the color only changes for the own client >_< not for others sending

kinky colors. im all for the configurable colors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_color_names

Check the black background combinations. I'd say yellow and aqua are easy to read on black background (if we only count the colors that aren't used yet).

It doesn't matter how they look when not in console mode. There is no color which would look good everywhere. If a color is easy to read in a dark cave it will be horrible on a snowy map. Only the console mode matters.

sorry but for example i had no prob reading the grey #ig no matter where i was except for snowy maps (and im not much in snowy maps anyways :S)

the lvl messages are in aqua rather than green i think, i think the olive colour in the wiki link above stands out well, wont be good in desert maps but very easy for console and stands out amongst other messages.

Oh nice link kibora!

Out of those I like fuschia, lime, yellow, and aqua. I don't think we have the lime option here though, pity. (Sorry anima, I think the olive is too drab and blah like the horrible grey and will get lost as before).

The fushia option looks like that special effect unknown 19 message we get, and I'm not sure if we have that yellow as one of our 4 choices for each color. But I'd happily take any of those 4 :)

you gotta purple and pink fetish aisy? :P:blink::hug::):)

well but i guess anything that is brighter would be better than the current color :pickaxe: