Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burfoot

Ts to -15 ?

What Manderijn said is right and does make sence.

basicly in other MMORPGS the exp is constant, no matter what lvl you are, but because you need more exp to lvl up each gained lvl you move on to stronger monsters which give more exp, and thats pretty much different then EL.

Yes, some games go for a hard cap, while we go for a soft cap, by reducing the experience you get while your levels increase.

But since the same formulas apply for everyone, I don't understand what the problem is.

btw you can't compare WoW to EL, WoW has raiding and balanced pk to make up for the lvl cap.. which kinda beats being able to to train at pretty much any lvl.

Actually, I think WoW has raiding and PK because of their cap. Since players can't spend all their time to train over a certain level, they go around and do other things, such as PKing.

In EL, most of the players try to spend months on feroses just to advance one more a/d level, which, at such high levels, won't make a significant difference. For example, the difference between level 120 and 121 is less than 1%, and in a PK environment, where there are other factors (gear, magic level, summons, strategy, lag, etc.), that difference is insignificant.

But since the same formulas apply for everyone, I don't understand what the problem is.

In EL, most of the players try to spend months on feroses just to advance one more a/d level, which, at such high levels, won't make a significant difference.

There isn't a "problem" as such, it's more that PK activity could potentially be increased with some small changes to certain creatures.

Many people on feros/fluff do not PK often (if at all) due to distaste for the weakness low p/c brings (which they have for good exp, consistent training).

If the f.chims and m.chims were changed so that most barefist hits dealt damage at 48/48 p/c, but minimum damage (like d.chim) and they gave good, consistent att and def exp on a single spawn (like fluffy). then people could have their 48/48 p/c, be much more happy to PK, and have a decent, consistent creature to train on.

We (or I at least) dont want a creature that can barely hits me and gives me 500k exp p/h, i just want something that a single spawn of is decent if i have 48/48 p/c.

Wouldn't you rather people PK'ed and trained an even amount, at the same time, rather than training for ages and ages, then finally PK'ing for a while, and then usually returning to another long training stint?

The above is my main point, but a secondary point is that people would probably enjoy moving up to new creatures in training rather than just grinding on feros (and some people d.chim) forever.

How so?

All i'm asking is to make it so a person with 48/48 p/c can make the same exp p/h on a single spawn of a creature as a person with 28/44 p/c can on fluffy.

Would not the 48/48 person be more inclined to PK than the 28/44 p/c person?

Errrr ... no :P

some would never be inclined, no matter what stats they have, some will attempt to start pking as soon as they leave IP ;)

do not fool yourself - the only way to increase pk is to make it cheaper

(apologies for not pk'ing yet presenting my opinion on that topic :P)

Errrr ... no :D

some would never be inclined, no matter what stats they have, some will attempt to start pking as soon as they leave IP ;)

In response to your "Errrr ... no", i'll re-phrase my question:

Would not the 48/48 pro-PK person be inclined to PK more often than the 28/44 p/c pro-PK person?

do not fool yourself - the only way to increase pk is to make it cheaper
I completely agree that making PK cheaper is the best way to increase it, in fact, i've been continually pressing that point for a long time.

But, i gotta try everything i can, there's been a mass of recent suggestions to try and increase PK activity and none of them have been implemented... you cant say the only way to increase PK is to make it cheaper when nothing else has even been tried... all i can do is present everything i can come up with to increase PK to Ent, in the hope that he'll like and implement something.

(apologies for not pk'ing yet presenting my opinion on that topic :P)
It is kinda pedantic to post your "no" response to the question, obviously i'm only referring to those who want to PK in the first place :P Edited by Korrode

Korrode im not trying to say that any of your ideas are wrong man but sometimes the way people put it across makes it sound like your suggesting something that would make the game more suited to you and your style of playing and what you think would make your own experience in EL better.

Sometimes its even sounded like you want to make things easier for yourself, because you want to keep your 48/48 p/c so you can PK but you also want to make chimeran wolves more suited to your build so you can get crazy high xp from them if you dont personally feel like PKing today.

I dont have any fix for you guys' problems with training a/d , but I just wanted to say that to someone who is detached from the problem it sounds like its not actually about benefiting the game as a whole, but more about benefiting 4-5 people in this particular topic.

* edit * and anyway , ENts already said hes up for changing chimeran wolves with the invasion tokens , so if you really want it to happen and you believe its what everyone else wants , then you have a way to do it

Edited by Ateh

it sounds like its not actually about benefiting the game as a whole, but more about benefiting 4-5 people in this particular topic.

Even if it was only 4-5 people, if the change will be good for those 4-5 and not at all hurt anyone else, why not do it?

because you want to keep your 48/48 p/c so you can PK but you also want to make chimeran wolves more suited to your build so you can get crazy high xp from them if you dont personally feel like PKing today.

And for the record (although i've already said it earlier):

i have 28/40 p/c, not 48/48.

If my suggested changes were made i would have to #reset to take advantage, from 120's OA.

If my suggested changes were made i would make about the same exp i make now, and use much more HE/SR doing it.

I hardly PK now, pretty much all i do is train.

Edited by Korrode

Personally I like what Korrode and others suggested. There should be some monsters above fluffy, desert chimeran and feros that are trainable. Maybe not stellar exp, but at least similar.

I disagree that then people would PvE even more. If some people want to train, they will continue to train no matter what you do. If you even delete feros and DC, they will continue boxing fluffs. It is just that they like to compete for who has the highest a/d or smth. They will train on what suites them best, that's it. Even if there are no suitable monsters at all, they will try PvP or anything that gives a/d exp.

What concerns PK, I will repeat what I've always said - people will not PK actively if it's so expensive and there is no gain. Sure, it is great fun and that fun draws people to PK nowadays (I've also lost rosto a few days ago, but had fun :P ), but it is fun at a great financial loss. Why should any individuals or guilds try controlling PK maps if there is no reason whatsoever?

Hydrogenium and mercury in KF were steps in a positive direction I believe. However hydro can be mined on peace days or tried at no drop days, so if amount or lurking PKers increase, people can just wait.

Mercury was kind of fun, but now it's so far from hazardous storage, so no gain in collecting again. Why not replace mercury with something more practical, like SRS (I don't want to hit potioners' business, just an example) maybe?

Also, it could be possible to add higher level trainable monsters (that people are requesting) in PK.

Or adding more schemes like hydro were passing PK is one of the required steps.

In short, spoiling train for people with certain a/d and above won't increase PK activity. If it stays just a sink for equipment and rostogols (you can't get any drops from PK, just make others suffer), popularity will be limited, even if it's fun (and it is :icon13: )

Didnt u guys just receive a small cave in non-pk area with 4 feroses in it? :icon13:
Actually i believe there's 6.

Feros are not my current main training creature so i don't know if this is always the case, but the few times i have gone to that cave most/all spawns were taken, so it's not like you're going to get more than 1 spawn to yourself in there, not often anyways.

Each time i go there i have free spawn... i think people used it a lot in the beggining but its starting to be ok..

Isnt it 350k/h oa exp even if u r 48p/c and 130+ a/d ? ( tsed only 115a/d ;p )
See above response, i doubt any 130 a/d + 48/48 p/c person will make 350k p/h, no matter what time of day they go there.

But, i dont deny, the likes of Burfoot should go try this at least.

some people there with 130s are actually able to multi even with -15

Isnt it cheap + easy+crazy fast ?( compared for example to times where smooms, don and baddude were training on mc's and got under 200k oa xp/h being only around 120a/d :P
See above response.

(and i couldn't really care less what smooms, don and baddude were doing way back when, or how 'hard' they had it).

yeah,

fast : 330-380k+ /h without multying (i have 48 p/c so no auto attack ^^)

easy : its in a cave, quite small, feros don't run that much

cheap : yes ^^ 340 he / 100 sr = 3.2 million almost in augmented leather + 9k gc and a monster magnetism cape last time

Edited by Michic0_oL

My apologies for getting high a/d level. my exp has averaged about 210 220k per hour and I've used the most undesirable spawns but it has been relaxing for me after a hard days work so I'll stop now that I'm 144 144 a/d.

The thing that has drawn me to El is the awesome programing thats been done here and I am amazed at the work all the devs have done and the community leaders such as mods have done to ensure people are entertained. Keep up the awesome work all. I'm here for the long haul and i look forward to the nice stuff that are in the works such as the sky client etc. thanks for letting me play and cyas in game :P

-x~~