Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burfoot

Ts to -15 ?

Now that we are forced to train with ts -it is now bought up 4 lvl's to -15?

Why cant we just change stats on higher lvl monsters and make them trainable?

I really miss looking forward to "next" monster to train on.

I've already gone from mid 90's (before ferros) to 120's on dcw (over sa year on them anyway)- and still can't decently train fcw even though their a/d is 10 or so lvl below mine...

srry to vent but is fustrating - I stfu now :medieval:

Why cant we just change stats on higher lvl monsters and make them trainable?

Most probably to the "shortbus on the plane of cheese" policy, which is explained here( clicky)

Its very logical and im big fan of it :medieval:

mp

OMF, that's the funniest Noob thing ever, and so accurate.

Sometimes I feel exactly like the guy yelling at his guild :medieval:

rofl that is so true, with raid instances on farm a previous guild of mine had loads of sign-ups and with progress no1 bothered showing up -.-

and my raid leader/guildmaster in that guild was exactly like that guy yelling ;)

tbh i think burfoots right, we should have monsters which give shitloads of exp like 1 million exp in the time from attacking it till flee'ing and it should have like 10,000 hp.

besides that it shouldnt hit you very much so you can train longer.

oh oh it should drop things like Jsoc, thermals and all kinds of magic items!

would be cool if we could fly too so u just fly to spawns instead of walking

Edited by villekPL

or maybe have ability to take attributes and put pp's wherever you want, whenver you want?????

kk i've said it many times before, but hey, might as well go at it one more time...

Here's the 2 things that need to be done:

1. The ability to lower att and def with TS pots should be removed completely.

This concept in itself is pretty ridiculous, i mean, u can artificially lower your a/d?! No wonder there's complaints about over-crowded spawns.

2. Taking into consideration the want for a ~150 a/d softcap, the still relatively new attribute cap, and if the ability to lower a/d with TS pots was removed, the following needs to be done to the Chimerans:

• d.chim respawn decreased to be the same as fluffy.
  • f.chim respawn decreased to be the same as fluffy.
  • m.chim health increased to 300
  • m.chim respawn decreased to be the same as feros.
  • f.chim and m.chim toughness/armor reduced to be the same as d.chim

Also, to keep things logical and aesthetically pleasing, a.chim health could be increased to 350 (i didn't include that in the dot-points because it's not relevant to training, a.chim should not be easily 'trainable', if at all).

I hope no one is so ill-informed or naive enough to think the above is some kind of "wishlist", or that is would make my training life easier, cheaper or more lucrative, it would infact screw me up completely... i'd need a bunch of removal stones or a #reset.

I'm perfectly happy to continue training creatures well under my levels, while i'm TS'd, going through minimum HE/SR... my selfish request would be to keep things exactly as they are (-15 TS, -19 TS... whatever... either way it's still well under my true levels).

@Burfoot

Having vague knowledge of your a/d, my advice would be to #reset and if u want att exp take p/c 32/36+mortos and train fluff, or if u want def exp take 32/40+aluwen and train feros... or for even a/d exp 32/40+mortos+feros.

There are no other choices if you want to make good att and def exp.

Your only other option for big exp p/h is TINF perk and a lot of inst, and train multi f/m.chim... but it'll be all def exp.

Edited by Korrode

Wow I'm amazed 11 replies and only one constructive post - this might be a first on el forums! ty Korrode :P

But i really dont want to reset although i know that's my best option for a/d experience. my other option not mentioned -I will just pvp more and train monsters less.

I lost 3k exp ea chim going from -19 to -15 makes a big difference for exp/hr.

I bet others have lost alot of exp per hr too?

and like i said before it pisses me off that i can train dcw at -19 (oops -15 now) and can't train fcw at full a/d ..

i agree with what korrode is saying, if there is a good monster to train on for every a/d lvl then there will be no need to TS and it can be removed without anyone complaining (apart from dpa pkers).

Well, normally higher levels get you more xp, on contrary you need more to level, so seems logical. In EL its the other way around.

The higher your a/d, the harder it gets to make good xp. And you have to keep yourself weak to do so lol.

Well, normally higher levels get you more xp, on contrary you need more to level, so seems logical. In EL its the other way around.

The higher your a/d, the harder it gets to make good xp. And you have to keep yourself weak to do so lol.

yes this seems to be true...but why does it have to be that way? what is to keep you playing when you get high a/d lvl? (other than friends of course:) and i'm way to broke to try tailoring :)

yes this seems to be true...but why does it have to be that way? what is to keep you playing when you get high a/d lvl? (other than friends of course:) and i'm way to broke to try tailoring :)

PK. Nothing else to do besides it really. All high a/d people eventually stop, besides some rare spieces, like baddude etc.

The way EL reduces the exp per hit/dodge as your levels increase is a decent way of doing things, it can be used to (as much as possible) enforce an a/d softcap.

But the likes of you guys, although 'high' a/d, are no where near 150 a/d. At your levels it makes complete sense that you should be able to make decent a/d exp without crippling your PK strength.

As it stands, EL offers too few rewards... you do all this training just to be continually presented with the 'strong in PK VS good in training' ultimatum. It's BS really.

m.chim and f.chim, even if modified as i suggested above, will still have people ripping through resources a lot quicker than fluff/feros do... this is enough of a cost for ones high a/d.

I actually worry that m.chim will still be pretty much untrainable even if the armor/toughness is lowered... i know ppl used to train them with 90's coord... if maxed coord and inst will be needed to train them even if your def is 5-10 levels over their att, then more stats changes would be needed really.

Anyways im happy to go into detail on the mathematics of how my suggested chim changes would provide appropriate exp for people around these levels, if any g0d's out there wanna hear it.

Remember of course, that if these changes (the changes to the chims and removal of TS pot fail effect) were implemented tomorrow, there'd probably be a lot of ppl complaining, because many peoples attribute builds are wrong for it... but a few months later, everyone would be happier.

Entropy, you once asked why no one trains chims... you changed d.chim health and now, due to 4 spawns in one small map, some people train them. But notice that there's almost never anyone on the d.chims in Melinis... d.chim is not now "ok for training", it's just that there's heaps in a small map so people can make ok exp p/h from multi training... if you truly want people to move up through monsters for training then you need to ensure a single spawn of a monster is going to provide at least the same, if not slightly better (which is fair) exp than the one before.

The only way people will ever do fluffy -> d.chim/feros -> f.chim -> m.chim in their training is if the above changes i suggested were implemented... and perhaps a few more stats changes too (you did say you'd re-consider monster stats once attrib cap was in).

The m.chim is a 115/115 a/d creature. No where near the stated softcap of 150 a/d. I don't see how making a single spawn of this creature as good (preferably slightly better) exp per hour for a 115/120 a/d person as a fluffy is for a 95/100 a/d person will hurt.

Edited by Korrode

Huh?

What you are saying makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Did you know that other games, such as WoW, cap the levels at much lower values?

In EL, you can still train at pretty much any level, the cap being quite high.

It's not my fault if you train a/d like a maniac, instead of trying to do other things (PK, ranging, magic, engineering, summoning, etc.).

Quote: If you truly want people to move up through monsters for training then you need to ensure a single spawn of a monster is going to provide at least the same, if not slightly better (which is fair) exp than the one before.

Couldn't have said it better ;) this is excatly how i feel!

Quote: As it stands, EL offers too few rewards... you do all this training just to be continually presented with the 'strong in PK VS good in training' ultimatum. It's BS really.

yes i don't understand this either.

Quote:But notice that there's almost never anyone on the d.chims in Melinis...

I am always in melinus been there for a year and a half :)

Quote:d.chim is not now "ok for training"

As far as exp per hr and drops dcw is not as good as others although they drop ghp, ele, eme, and nightvisor - but raito is high 1:500 and usually drop ghp.maybe 1 :1000 for other drops..(at least thats how it is for me ) oh and appx 1k gc per hr. Trade off on dcw is you can mana drain and raise mag quite fast as they hit hard:)

Quote:But notice that there's almost never anyone on the d.chims in Melinis...

I am always in melinus been there for a year and a half :)

I think u have Melinis and Bethel confused ;)

Huh?

What you are saying makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Did you know that other games, such as WoW, cap the levels at much lower values?

In EL, you can still train at pretty much any level, the cap being quite high.

It's not my fault if you train a/d like a maniac, instead of trying to do other things (PK, ranging, magic, engineering, summoning, etc.).

Right... what I say makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Which part lol?

About the other things, ranging got me so frustrated after like 5 levels. No option for me, sorry (moneysink) .Magic... thats not even a skill lol, just a thing you spend ess on, to train/pk. Engineering, well no. Summoning, been there done that, moneysink ftw.

And PK rocks. Only annoying thing is that you cant combine it with maxed training a/d. I negged out and pk'd for months, and never bothered to train, since it justs give utherless bad xp.

Cause its a fact, getting stronger (in both a/d/attrbiutes gives you LESS XP after a certain point. Oh and I dont like PKing with feros p/c.

P.S. I wish you capped a/d at lower value. Imo that would have been a good thing.

Yeah, it is a bit depressing that the more you level, the lower exp you are able to make. This is not true with other skills, like if you level manufacture and your level increases, you fail less leather helms and thus get better xp ;) Same for alch, harv, summoning and what not.

However I agree with Entropy, that people train A/D like maniacs. But that shows people enjoy your game, so what's the problem :lurker:

MP: cap at 100? That's one week for you lol :confused:

100-110 a/d cap would be nice for people like me who don't have too much time to play and want to have some fun as well not just spend their time on spawns. Would be way easier to catch up with others and it would help pk as well. You will see less "omgx0rz KiwiY is in kf he has obber 193 a/d i cant go dere" and after more people reach the cap they will be enforced to use strategy in PK since there will be others equal to their level.

Just my 2/3/4 euro/dollar w/e u like cents and sorry for my suggestion not covering the 120/130/etc a/d mani...eer I mean fighters :)

edit: oh and fighters will have to go teaming high lvl monsters (teamwork ftw!)

Edited by Garnoo

Why consider putting cap so low? Wouldn't that make fighting invasion monsters/or just regular monsters for drops really, really difficult?

mid-high 70s a/d not so great attributes i can kill mchim rather easy mchim/cockatrice/yeti/ac/giant/dragons (did i forget anything?)

He is totally right, the ones who trained 7/24 ruined the PK... Thats a shame of us, not him >.<