Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lesbegue

archery in pk fortress

I didn't find such topics from searching through recent topic headings, so although i'm a full time harvester who only trains on rabbits, i'd like to suggest the implementation of archery towers on forts in pk maps such as the forts in kf.

What i'm really talking about is a tower high enough that makes players on the low level ground hard to see those on the tower without the skyclient (to avoid ttr), kinda like the on at the summoning arena in ws. Also, a long way of climbing like a staircase up and around the tower instead of a 1-click ladder. maybe even a wall around the fort that has only one way in/out. Not all fortresses would necessarily have the archery tower/wall. Anything similar would be awesome.

One reason i suggested kf is because that is the most convenient place to pk at. The intention is not directly aimed to increase pking, but is aimed at pk events such as the one coming this sunday or whenever so that archers can participate to a greater extent.

Of course there are ways to overcome these type of things such as invisibility or ttr. archers just need true sight spell when expecting incomers.

I like this idea.

For the very reason u said.

For pk events

It would be nice to have those towers so the noobs could cast spells or range.

Maybe have some towers for invasions too

Unless I'm mistaken, height is not a factor in EL for fighting. (*Remembers other peeps' posts about getting killed in VoTD invasions while on top of lamppost.*) It may figure into ranging for perception and distance fired. I dunno. It would be cool to make ranging a more useful skill in PK, but I'm guessing there are some nasty server rewrites involved.

Unless I'm mistaken, height is not a factor in EL for fighting. (*Remembers other peeps' posts about getting killed in VoTD invasions while on top of lamppost.*)

I almost got killed by a forest chim in WV standing on a bridge. It happened because I was standing at the very edge of it, and chim could reach me, but when I moved only one step away, it didn't attack me. So I figure it might be so that one square further from the edge is enough for the archer to remain unharmed. On the other hand, it might be that the fence below me was obstructing the chim. So I'm not sure whether this is where I should ask it, but is this one square really enough? If there was no fence, would the chim/any monster still attack?

having a 2 tiered tower, with a fighter guarding the lower tier for you, might be an effective means of having the archer "safe"

but then, its not meant to BE safe in pk?

I like the idea of the tower though, since direct line of fire on ground level would be barred by a fighter keeping enemy off of you in pk situations (and fighting monsters, which is actually where I am drawing my conclusion from, if I am honest here).

South redmoon fruits tower is often used in invasions by archers in a similar fashion, on occasion.