Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

New server bug reports!

something happened and the icons in my inventory are all screwed up.

a body rest appeared as a white square and red snapdragons appeared as fruit.

There are more things in my inventory but I can't tell what they are. nothing happens when I right click on them. one of my item's icons is a face of some EL character. another was a scroll of some sort and the other was a tree branch.

Urmm I tried to read through I don't think I say this bug here when I logged on I was a gray blob then I moved and I was doubled when what I am supposed to the other a gray blob the gray blob moved instead of the normal looking me pretty creepy if you ask me but I'm not sure if others can see it MikeH came and said your not a shadow man you should stay off crack :shock: :shock:

aerowind: i have seen that myself, it seems to be a variant on the old double bug. it shows up if there is a lot of resyncs in a close space of time i think.

Mr_I3Lack: most likley you have connected to the old server with the test client, check if elconfig or el.ini contains the portnumber 2001. if not then change the portnumber to 2001 and try again. this only applys to the test client!

Guys, please, do not respond to messages like that. If they can't read a simple guide, then they shouldn't test the server.

something happened and the icons in my inventory are all screwed up.  

a body rest appeared as a white square and red snapdragons appeared as fruit.  

There are more things in my inventory but I can't tell what they are. nothing happens when I right click on them. one of my item's icons is a face of some EL character. another was a scroll of some sort and the other was a tree branch.

Read the very First post in the thread about the test version in the general chat section. And follow the instructions Step by Step.

Guest Sultan

I try to sell a steel bar to Karn,he says he pays me 60 gold for a titan bar,after i sell him my bar he thanks me for selling him 0 titan bars for 0 gold.

If I sit (e.g. for mining) and beam to IP, the character is standing up, and cannot walk, I have to click the sit/stand icon before I can walk again.

The way it should be is either arriving sitting on IP or standing "unlocked"

not sure if this is bug or i just didnt have the right items but i wanted to stash a book in storage so i picked rage books and got only the option of none, thanks. is the books you can buy not defined as rare?

This one is a strange bug . I can't enter any buildings .

When the mouse is over a door normaly it shuld change to the door icon . On the new server this does not happen .

However if i click on Use icon then right click twice on the door it will allow me to enter the building.

( i moved the the post here )

not sure if this is bug or i just didnt have the right items but i wanted to stash a book in storage so i picked rage books and got only the option of none, thanks. is the books you can buy not defined as rare?

Books you buy are NOT rare books, that is why you can just go buy them :)

Some typos:

The storage guys have a "Jewlery" category instead of "Jewelry"

Harvy wants to buy "mercuriy" instead of "mercury"

And is it intentional that food can no longer be stored at Grim or Molgor? (I haven't checked the other storages)

And is it intentional that food can no longer be stored at Grim or Molgor?  (I haven't checked the other storages)

Yes, it is intentional.

At the wraith, the "Nothing, just passing by" options seems to do nothing. I'm using Linux client -#vers reports 0.9.7p4 Beta.

heh, i allways wonders why entropy puts those closeing statements into the npc interactions when all they ever do is lead to a text from the npc with no option to go back but closeing the window and starting over...

A message... Can't really test it cause I can't get the inorganic nexuses. After researching Silver Mining, it said : "You finished researching for Silver Mining. Silver mining allows you to harvest iron ore".

there is a similar problem with the finish message about silver smelting:

"you finished researching silver smelting: iron smelting allows you to convert silver ore into silver bars, using the alchemy skill."

anyone see the problem in that? :)

Copy & paste is a programmer's friend. However, Ent seems to have an issue with remembering to change what he copied. A very large percentage of bugs have to do with this. :roll:

Small bug i've noticed.

Botanics is said to let you research advanced alchemy but it doesn't. Advanced alchemy sais it needs biochemistry.

I haven't tried advanced potions yet.

which brings me to a question.

The way the layout is shown essentially biochemistry and botanics do the exact same thing so what is the purpose of having them both?

ciao!

I'm not sure what's wrong, but when i try to buy the 'feet armor' book, Dan (WSC librarian) said, "You do realise that I _DO_ check for invalid ranges, right?". I only want to buy that book, but none of the 1, 5, 10 n 20 works.

huston we have a problem...

it seems that generic rings building and generic medalions building askes for gold mineing, not gold smelting...

figures, i thought i read wongly after looking at the graphs on that info page someone put up but it seems i had it right...