Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

New server bug reports!

This is a problem on my side, but I just don't know how to fix it and haven't heard of this one before so thought I'd post it in here.  

Everytime I get an item, it ain't 1, but it shows 256! But when I sell it, it counts as 1! I harvested 80 red rose and it showed up as 20k+, when I sold it I got 20 gp, but it didn't show up in my inventory. So I tried to store it and it said I had the gp, just couldn't see it. Then I killed a rabbit and all I saw was 256 furs in the bag, which obviously was just one. Then I logged out...too much strange things for one day!  

Anyone know whats my problem? and how I can fix it?

You did't mention anything about image problems except 'invisible gold coins', and that your numbers are 256 times what they should be. It sounds as if you got part of the old client software (0.9.7) mixed with the new. It would be helpful to the programmers to know what your operating system is, so they can point you to the proper files (If you are running under Windows, Krazy has the solution).

thnx for the help, I just deleted both test and real game and downloaded both again :) Now it's working properly! Made sure not too delete my chatlog tho, can't afford to lose my newb behaviour. Thnx again!

If i have 7 things equiped i can't use one of my inventory slots. It thinks i am full already. When i try to unequip something in that empty slot it tells me:

U R teh sux, this position is already occupied! Stop sending bogous input to the server

I am sure you can find that string easily in the code, Entropy :)

I think you have forgotten that 8 things can be equiped now not 6 :)

I tried to test it with 8 things on, then 2 slots start acting weird, like not showing that i have that item, or putting more than 1 object in 1 slot. (at least it seems that way)

Golric sells "Diamon (forgot the next word)" Diamond is misspelled.

and names that are numbers like 007 or 360, their guild name isn't capitalized like the other people in their guild. i.e. "360 bb and Someone BB"

Sit lock option is not working. If you click on a creature by accident, youll stand up and fight.

Very annoying when picking flowers or harvest sulfur and you are surrounded by gobbies and snakes.

That is how it is supposed to be. The sit_lock feature is intended to only prevent an accidental walk command from a click, not doing other things like attacking or taking a bag.

#storage reports that I have a "Mortor & Pedstle" instead of "Mortar & Pestle"

#storage reports that I have a "Mortor & Pedstle" instead of "Mortar & Pestle"

There is another thread for spelling and grammar "bugs"

Guest alobar

I choosed hellspawn and now cant leave IP,most of the times im getting straight back to underworld when i am trying to leave the underworld.Is`nt it a 20% chance?

Yes it is 30% and I've seen people try and get off IP like 10 times and always sent back to Underworld it is a very bad Perk and very annoying but if you don't plan on leaving IP for a while or going to places not very far then you can get that perk o well I don't think this is a bug (I hope not)

Means 70 % you do not get to hell.

So from hell to IP = 70 %

from hell to WSC map = 70 % from 70 % = 49 %

from hell to DP = 70% * 70 % * 70 % = 34 %

from hell to Votd = 70% * 70% * 70 % * 70 % = 24%

from hell to gobcave in votd = 70% * 70% * 70% * 70% * 70% = 17 %

yeah, Ent said he changed it to 20%, but the wraith msg didnt' get updated I think. But thats 20% each time, including the spawn out hell after it hits the first time. It seems to me last night I was talking to someone who went to hell 5 times before he could get from IP to WSC.

The is the worst neg perk IMO. People who take it after the reset are probably going to want to start a new char :? .