Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

New server bug reports!

The exp needed for the next level not changing is a normal issue. It will update when you get the next exp in that skill.

Rolan, i have had the same problem with the potions, but maybe it is just intended to work that way. I lost about 10% of the items still when i was level 14 potions, and tried to make the level 2 potion (health).

I have lvl 18 now, and i lose about 50% of the items on body rest potions (recommended lvl 24)

So maybe the recommended level for simple health potions are coded incorrectly. Anyway, you might have had just some bad luck with your pots, i mean 5 tries isnt exactly proof that a random function fails :P

Recommanded level means you have a 50% chance to fail. For each failure, there is a 1/3 chance that you will lose your ingredients.

So does this mean, no matter what level you are, there is a chance to lose items ? just a reduced chance if you are over the rec'd level ?

I assume you already have noticed the problem with everyone's attack and defense levels.

Guild tags are still using the old "hack" around the nVidia bug.

The server isn't sending -1 for not researching anything yet.

The server will send -1 tomorrow.

And yes, for some reason teh guilds have the bad color, I don't know why, i'll have to chex0r

[edit]

Chex0red, and for some reason I was using an old code.. strange. Should work after the update.

In the short period of time the test server was up, I was able to make almost 2kgp.

I was making fire ess by myself. A small group of people could easily screw up the economy with this method.

It would require fairly low failures on the harvest, but the food consumption on the flowers and sulfur are low as well.

Went into Rat House on Isla Prima lost about 1/2 material points no fight. I left without fighting any rats.

8:30 pm EST had horrible lag. That turned into a freeze. would walk 2-3 stelps stop for a few seconds then 2-3 steps. after 3 minutes froze in place and could not communicate on guild channel. left game reported here. FPS 41-45

I am on Cable modem.

Malforte

After the conversion of the characters from the non-test server I watched the research window.

I was researching metallurgy 250/250, but I did not get any books at all, and my character in the previous test phase was researching gold smelting as last book, so it cannot be imported from the previous character.

I have physique: 7 and coordination: 8, 51 attack and 53 defense. However, deer almost killed me... In my opinion the influence of att/def is very low... I don't like it at all. Pick points decide all destiny - it is not normal.

about hte fire essence stuff, i looked into it myself after someone made a post about it on the game balanceing forum.

you grab red rose from wotd, snapdragons from either isla prima or a garden in desert pines (prefer the last one as its not that far a detour when getting sulfur) and then grab sulfur inside the mines (sulfur dont need a pickaxe or anything like that), then you shape this into fire essences and store them in wotd storage. when you thing you have a nice load (i had about 60-70) you go to grahams village and sell them. they sell for 7.5 pr item, do the maths :P

Okay, sorry for the delay. I harvest roses and snaps in votd and go to the CC northern entrance, harvest sulfur and make as many fire ess as I can haul supplies for. Load up on sulfur and go back to votd and harvest flowers again to use up the sulfur I hauled back.

After I've done this once or twice, I haul the ess to the magic shop in WSC and sell them for 7.5gp each. After bumping up Phys and Coord, I can carry enough ess to make 1kgp each trip.

Repeat as desired for fast gold.

yeah, fire essences are definitely the easiest way to make scads of money. I do exactly the same process as aelric. Even as a new char in the previous test phase, with lots of harvest failures, it was still the easiest way to make a lot of money quite quickly. With tons of failures and a low carry ability, i could still easily get over 500 gold in an hour, more than enough for early books, tools etc. and far more than i could selling meat, making fur gloves and so forth from bunny hunting.

Well it looks like Entropy could reduce the selling price, or have molgor not have the option to store flowers. :P

My ideas on the problem, anyways.

And the bag you can't 'get into' problem, Just stand over it and drop something...it will open up.

And the bag you can't 'get into' problem, Just stand over it and drop something...it will open up.

the bag problem they are talking about it you can get into it, but it is empty!

the bag problem they are talking about it you can get into it, but it is empty!

It is not empty. Some guy told me that it was 1 bone in it. (Iasked him to check out)

This is a problem on my side, but I just don't know how to fix it and haven't heard of this one before so thought I'd post it in here.

Everytime I get an item, it ain't 1, but it shows 256! But when I sell it, it counts as 1! I harvested 80 red rose and it showed up as 20k+, when I sold it I got 20 gp, but it didn't show up in my inventory. So I tried to store it and it said I had the gp, just couldn't see it. Then I killed a rabbit and all I saw was 256 furs in the bag, which obviously was just one. Then I logged out...too much strange things for one day!

Anyone know whats my problem? and how I can fix it?

This is a problem on my side, but I just don't know how to fix it and haven't heard of this one before so thought I'd post it in here.  

Everytime I get an item, it ain't 1, but it shows 256! But when I sell it, it counts as 1! I harvested 80 red rose and it showed up as 20k+, when I sold it I got 20 gp, but it didn't show up in my inventory. So I tried to store it and it said I had the gp, just couldn't see it. Then I killed a rabbit and all I saw was 256 furs in the bag, which obviously was just one. Then I logged out...too much strange things for one day!  

Anyone know whats my problem? and how I can fix it?

Use this client http://www.eternal-lands.com/el.exe