Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

New server bug reports!

My character got stuck on a tile in Isla Prima. The character is named Redhammer. .. The symptons are these:

1. Can't move from tile (neither by mousclick or [home]-button). But can sit-stand and turn around.

2. Every attempt to move out of the spot, I get the message: "You are attacked, you can't move

3. Can't beam away. Same reason as above, supposed to be under attacked.

4. I'm NOT under attack, the rabbit is dead for some time and nothing around to attack me

5. At several times, according to my client, the server resetted alot of times in a row. (My friend Fundin Thundertears, confirmed that according to his client, the server didn't)

6. After closing down the client, my character kept standing there. Yet again confirmed by my friend.

Took a screenshot, but unless it's not asked for, I wont bother to apply it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

After that my friend Fundin told me that my character finally disappeared, I re-activated the client again. It seemed to solve the problem as I can move again. But this is still a bug to look into.

i wonder if there is a bug in entropys multiple combatant system that triggers this for some reason...

i wonder if this can be linked to the amount of animals thats seems to be standing around instead of moveing for some time.

could it be that when a animal is killed that combat is not cleanly ended at all times? so when said animal respawns the system thinks that the opponent comes back into the fight and therefor locks him into place? was there not a similar problem on the old server where a monster may target you for attack but the pathfinding could not locate a clean path to you thereby locking both in a standstill?

allso is the flee code turned of? i cant seem to trigger a "you tryed to flee" message...

-Some rabbits in IP were not moving at all. There were 3 i walked circles around them for a few mins then one. Then you restarted the server cuz people got stuck in places and it fixed....Idk if it is a time error or something.

-When trading in trade window, the item was on the "you" side when someone was giving me an item.

-I drank a body rest pot and it extended my health bar outside the normal limit.

-When trading in trade window, the item was on the "you" side when someone was giving me an item.

That's client side and it's been fixed.

-I drank a body rest pot and it extended my health bar outside the normal limit.

That's an old bug.

Attacking a rabbit in a distance makes me to come close to rabbit but it is not attacking... So if I want to attack it I must attack it standing near rabbit.

Oh another one, we fought a skeleton with 3 ppl yesterday .. i think we all died or 1 fleed but then the skeleton didn't move anymore.

Oh and ... is it supposed to be like that if i attack something and somebody else is coming to help me he is getting attacked?

I think you should stay on your first target because you actually want to kill the thing you clicked at and not the guy who is attacking you 2nd. :D

i had 3 wolf furs in my inventry and it showed i had 1.5 billion mead why?? :?  :?  :?  :shock:  :D

These things also happen with the old exe.

be damn sure that your running the right client with the right server, trying the new client on the old server or the old client on the new server makes numbers and images go haywire...

1. I had 12/12 overall and tried to get the self destruct perk... And the writah gave it to me. I now have 17/12 "combat".

2. I think I was able to take the Godless perk twice. Don't know exactly what I did, but the overall points don't seem to add.

3. I am 5/10, I get an attribute and the Wraith says: "you have 5 more points..."

4. Dan, the WSC librarian, offers me "Iron Smeling" book.

A message... Can't really test it cause I can't get the inorganic nexuses. After researching Silver Mining, it said : "You finished researching for Silver Mining. Silver mining allows you to harvest iron ore".

1. either the persk system is badly broken or the selfdestruct perk is defined as a negiative perk. either way the output makes no sense in that you currently have more points used then your total level. a better way would be to substract from the number of used points whenever one gets a negative perk, alltho im not sure how that would be handeld if one goes into negative...

2. got no clue...

3. known. it seems the variable he reads from only updates when the main menu is shown or something...

4. just another entropy typo, im starting to get used to them :D

Maybe it's supposed to be like this, but it feels like a bug to me:

On failing a potion and losing ingredients you lose the vial too.

Umm, I think it's a gcc problem for free BSD.

I have this:

float cost;

//later on

cost=some_int/10;

I think I should cast it:

cost=(float)some_int/10.0f;

Ints are only casted to floats when necessary. some_int/10 is just two ints being divided, giving an integer result, which is then converted to a float when putting it into the variable.

If you divide an int with a float (or vice versa), the integer will be converted to a float, so you only need to do:

cost=some_int/10.0;

And 10.0 is a float (or double) by default, so you shouldn't need to specify 10.0f.

uve lost me :?:

Frogger, this thread is for bug reports on the new server, which uses a new client. If you try using the old client on the new server or the new client on the old server you will get strange results, like enormous numbers of the wrong items in your inventory.

The stuff about ints and floats is nothing to do with what you asked, it's about another problem that was mentioned earlier.