Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eagleprince

SR vs Atk potions

I've been trying to decide which of these to work on.

I'm concerned about things like demand, cost of ings and selling price.

Which of these, if any, would you go with to gain pot levels?

The answer is so obvious that I don't think the question was serious ;)
Maybe I asked because the answer is not obvious to me. After all, I haven't made half a million SRs yet.

SR are in huge demand, but I have 0 inorg and wine is a bit of a nuisance.

Bears are cheap for me because I use them to train magic, while also amassing meat and bones. There is also market for them, but is it big enough? You get a little more exp than SRs, so it's not that clear-cut (for me anyway)

What I was hoping for is your reasons for or against either option, or even an alternative.

The answer is so obvious that I don't think the question was serious :P
Maybe I asked because the answer is not obvious to me. After all, I haven't made half a million SRs yet.

Bears are cheap for me because I use them to train magic, while also amassing meat and bones. There is also market for them, but is it big enough? You get a little more exp than SRs, so it's not that clear-cut (for me anyway)

What I was hoping for is your reasons for or against either option, or even an alternative.

Well, the point at which either become feasible for leveling is when you need 500 or more for a level, now you'll find that getting ingredients for 500 SRs will take you significantly less than 1 hour, killing 500 bears on the other hand... You'd also need an Inorganic Nexus of 3 for the gold ore in attack potions as opposed to Inorganic Nexus of 1 for blue quartz.

The part in italics is part of why the answer to your question is obvious ;)

Another thing is that bear furs sell for close to or more than you can ask for a finished attack potion.

As for demand, with attack potions you'll have the occasional follower of Mortos that wants 200 and a few PKers. SRs sell in batches from hundreds to ten thousands on a regular basis to a/d trainers, PKers, summoners.

Alternatives are True Sight potions and Potions of Body Restoration, both are better than attack potions for leveling, stack and thus can be sold to NPC quite easily and for a profit. The demand by players is low and you'll have to see which you prefer to make. Both need NPC supplied booze though.

The answer is so obvious that I don't think the question was serious ;)

For attack potions, you need even inorganic 3, for gold ore harvesting. I think that quartzes with 1 inorganic are more acceptible to you :P

EDIT: Ermabwed was quicker damn :D

Edited by Khalai

Thank you very much, gentlemen.

It seems to be an easy win for SRs. I like my bear training system, but the furs can clearly be put to better use. I did not consider BRs since you can pick them up for free in TD :P . Unfortunately, at around lvl 39, I'm a bit too low for TS, so I'll just take your advice and play with SRs for now ;)

(I buy brown bear furs, btw.)

Yeah, I'm only level 25 potion, and I don't have any Vegetal nexus now, but before I reset even I know SRs can provide a nice gold pay out. Attack potions on the other hand I've only mixed, maybe, 40-50 of them, total.

Edited by Aphistolas