Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dannus(Swe)

How to make more people fight in invasions

For me it seems like the motivation to go for invasions are a bit tiny among people nowadays. Like * why should I fight? I just break my armor.' etc.

Was thinking if it would be a good idea to let the invasion creatures also drop rare stuff, if rare stuff is dropped more people will feel there is a ability of earning something.

(I know tokens are ingame, but I believe there would be good with something more inspiring).

It also seems like there is a lack of will to fight the invasion dragons. If those would have a very small chance of dropping some special armor/sword which is not manafactureable ingame it might be inspiring, something like a (artifact?). dunno word:P.

Simply this is more connected to the pr0s in the game, I mean why should they kill a invasion dragon which does not have the chance to drop any rare items except scale if they can go for normal having chance for rare drops. (scales does not sell very much nowadays either, compared to the rate of breaking something against dragon its pretty low)

Bad things with this; could provide to many drops simply making them unrare. To make this not happen the invasion creatures chance of rare drops could be slightly less.

Invasions are fun but for me it would be more inspiring fightning a giant/yeti if I knew I had a chance of a rare drop and not just random amount of gc and some bones.

(sry if something similar have been posted, written somewhere, tried to check)

(Sry if you feel I messed with tokens that you believe should be tested more further before a post like this)

/dannus

Edited by Dannus(Swe)

hummm...whilst I disagree with the rarer items idea, i DO think that those willing to risk going out in an invasion are risking far more than those who just go training at a spawn..after all, you could come across anything in an invasion these days and the fact you are willing to go out looking shows you are taking on a far greater risk than someone who is probably used to the usual grind on a spawn is. For starters, MM perk/capes dont work, so going to fight should yield SOME greater reward in drops (either item-wise or gc) than from killing the normal versions of the critters killed. Its probably hard or even impossible to programme an invasion ogre (for example) to drop differently from a normal ogre, but if it IS possible, I think that the fighters who go out clearing the maps deserve significantly more rewards for having braved greater risks to do this. I dont expect uber improvement, dont get me wrong here, its not like I want 500gc+ and an efe in each kill-bag, but it SHOULD have the reward reflected in proportion to the risks invasions now pose.

I believe that "the greater the risk the greater the reward" has always been something of an EL slogan, seems odd it has yet to apply to invasion monsters...

What I say is not that every creature should drop rare stuff, what I say is that they could for example have a chance for same rare drops as normal creatures, maybe in a lesser scale.

I havent a clues what Radu's plans are for the proposed " perk removal stones" but maybe an option could be:

Make them only available from Invasion mob drops, granted all monsters say from wolves up would need to have a very small chance of dropping them. to make it fair for lower level players as well as higher . Edit: ( the chance might increase with the creatures strength )

They would only be a very rare drop but its still an added incentive to participate

Edited by conavar

For me it seems like the motivation to go for invasions are a bit tiny among people nowadays. Like * why should I fight? I just break my armor.' etc.
Perhaps some work on the style of invasions would do more to generate interest that yet more rewards. The PK server invasions have almost 100% participation (excluding alts and ants) and there's no reward system there.

Having the perk stones in invasion monsters is a really good idea; This way, people will really go and try to kill them, rather than stay on their own fluffy spawn. One small problem is that big monsters such as dragons are often killed by a team of people, and only one would get the prize. And he won't even have to tell that the monster dropped something, so an unethical player can go cash the whole reward for himself.

Roja, yes I know and also mentioned, and also said why i think there should be more than that, was just a suggestion.

The majority is not the absolute most high lvled guys who earn on new spawns cause the majority does not chose creatures fitting them.

What I said was there could be something more inspiring just a little short add more to make those real high lvls participate even more.

Yeah I like the stones also, maybe there could be some kind of roll between those who attacked dragon, giving the one who inflicted most damage highest percentage of chance to get it.

Which maybe means there should be different percentage earn for doing damage by magic/range and attack considering to whats hardest to do damage with compared to other.

Not sure how to count mirror damage though.

Edited by Dannus(Swe)

Having the perk stones in invasion monsters is a really good idea; This way, people will really go and try to kill them, rather than stay on their own fluffy spawn. One small problem is that big monsters such as dragons are often killed by a team of people, and only one would get the prize. And he won't even have to tell that the monster dropped something, so an unethical player can go cash the whole reward for himself.

The Unethical player is a downside ( happens atm with scales ) but one solution might be , that the "perk removal stones" are a two part item.

Ie:

Stone 1 : Is a " Removal Stone" and Stone 2 : Is a "Perk Stone" ( ICD,PH,Anti etc) and both are needed to remove the corrosponding perk

1 removal stone + 1 ICD perk stone = removes ICD

Then Invasion creatures ( Excluding Dragons ) have a very rare chance to drop ALL the stones ( but a very very rare chance of removal stone) , while Dragons only drop the Removal stone but at an increased rate.

Then even if a player decides to be unethical and wants to use the stone himself, he still has to trade/buy from others who have found perk stones.

Not a perfect solution I know, but I dont think perfect can happen in this case

Edit : (maths more than likely wrong but general idea)

One idea I would love to see, but it is proberbly impossible to implement is that . If you a/d is say greater than the Invasion creatures a/d x 0.5 (not sure on the maths for some creatures so may be wrong,maybe someone can give a differant answer) then you havent a chance to get a stone.

This would only count for monsters fluffs and below though

This would stop (hopefully) high levels just running around killing goblins for stones and would leave them to players around the right level.

Edited by conavar

um i like Conavar's offer to make perk removal stones from 2 pieces :D it could be like ... some monsters drops perk stones and weaker ones drops removal stones, so all ppl (higher and lower lvls) would have a benefit of that :pickaxe:

Conavar is right, make them level-based drops.

Offtopic: Gotta ask, did I miss this proposed perk stones info, if I did, removing for example antisocial perk costs 10 pp's right..... at least I hope so.

Conavar is right, make them level-based drops.

Offtopic: Gotta ask, did I miss this proposed perk stones info, if I did, removing for example antisocial perk costs 10 pp's right..... at least I hope so.

It was a channel 6 chat , and afaik you will need the pickpoints spare to be able to remove a neg perk

Conavar's idea is itneresting but too complicated to implement.

Since more monters than just dragons will drop those stones, it's not going to be a significant problem.