Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nintenduh

New intro screen.

(Promose @ Jul 20 2008, 07:55 PM) *

Would it be possible to add an option to the game to use an existing file on your computer as the startup background? If it was possible it would solve this.. everyone could have their own version.

I like the startup screen, but the greatness wore off after a couple years of playing.. I would add a new pic, but the only thing i have on my computer is ms paint.

You CAN make your own or replace it with whatever you want. Just replace login_menu.bmb in your textures folder in your el directory. Make sure its the same dimensions as the original.

Then why are people making such a fuss? Just make their own if they don't like it :devlish:

instead of everyone whining it should be changed why is noone working on some general new designs he could offer to the community? hell if my computer wouldnt be broken i would get straight onto that..

hence why i said that lol :icon13: but i can imagine not everyone knows their way around with graphic programs to create some nice intro screen ;)

so maybe some people should step up creating some basic new intro screens that the community can

use if they wish to.

Did somebody order a dragon? :rolleyes:

gallery_17230_65_64752.jpg

BMP file

Sidenote: it would be great if it was possible to create a directory inside EL folder containing login backgrounds the game would pick a random one from each time you start the game :P

Edited by Lotheneil

It's not that hard, really. You just google a picture that you want, save it, trim it to the right size using MS Paint and you're set.

It's not that hard, really. You just google a picture that you want, save it, trim it to the right size using MS Paint and you're set.

well yes of course... but ppl who want new pics and cant do it via the progs i meant are most likely also the people who want to have an really nice screen and not just a downloaded, resized one ^^ :rolleyes:

#EDIT: very nice picture Loth, would it be possible for you making some nice ice Dragon Intro Screen with having

"Eternal Lands" in it somewhere? ^^

Edited by Scorpius

These all look cool.

I am not saying the start up screen sucked cause it does look good but I think what people are trying to say is that the start up screen doesn't look as vibrant as the game itself. Maybe more vivid colors might do the trick.

PaulB

Edited by Paul Brown

These all look cool.

I am not saying the start up screen sucked cause it does look good but I think what people are trying to say is that the start up screen doesn't look as vibrant as the game itself. Maybe more vivid colors might do the trick.

PaulB

oh yeh maybe i put that wrong myself as well.. i dont think that the intro screen is bad itself.. i just think its not up to date anymore to how the game is now.. just think the intro screen should enhance finally together with the actual game ^^

p.s.: nice selfmade screens so far here =)

hoo ab00t dis den durka durka duur !!!!!!!

elscreen053.jpg

p.s if you want the original then PM me but you really can make em easy so do your own :lipssealed:

Edited by Ateh

I like that one Ateh!

Ok as for some of these and using Google then resizing etc....please remember that giving that advice may lead to people altering things that MAY be copyright images. Anyone choosing to download an image for using as their intro screen should either ensure the image they use from the Internet is NOT a copyright image or use it at their own risk.

I made one, too^^

This is Draia and the two moons.

It's no graphic wonder, but I like it^^

10ro9ow.jpg

€dit: Pyewacket is right. (Should've recognized that, too :lipssealed:)

Edited by Helios_IV

In my opinion only 3 of presented above log in screens qualify at all. These are Saint's one and Isenwolf's two. It's funny that most of Eternal Lands log in screens contains graphic unrelated to Eternal Lands.

(Between the aforementioned 3 ones I would surely pick Isenwolf's ones. They are more interesting.)

I like that one Ateh!

Ok as for some of these and using Google then resizing etc....please remember that giving that advice may lead to people altering things that MAY be copyright images. Anyone choosing to download an image for using as their intro screen should either ensure the image they use from the Internet is NOT a copyright image or use it at their own risk.

Last I checked there is no law against using copyrighted images for non-profit uses as long as you do not claim that it is your own photo.

I made one up, but I am having some problems converting it to bmp without losing color information, so here is the jpeg file.

login_backnightRivercopy.jpg

Download: .jpg

Buttons I made for it aswell, there are already the .bmp 8-bit files, they are ready to be used and do not need to be converted.

login_menu1copy.jpg

Download: .bmp

Edited by Saint

aTeh, can you edit the font a little, make it look more like the old font? Thanks. :icon13:

idk what the original EL font is and i tried using the one from gallery but it doesnt have the fancy effects and i cant edit it cos im crap \o/

anyway heres the original background ( its a free to use desktop background so no troubles there its not under license or anything ) if you want to mess about with it and do your own :

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w101/no...MB/borealis.jpg

and heres the one I made to replace login_back bmp file in textures :

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w101/no...oginBlueSky.jpg

P.S fair enough its not an EL screenshot & doesnt include anything from the game, and lets face it we dont all sit and stare at the log in screen but hey im glad i found out this is possible cos I kind of agree that the current log in screen could do with a revamp

Here's the font Unicorn Font

I'd edit it myself but I haven't got time atm :)

I really like that screen Ateh (even though it's not an EL pic). You should try to redo the title though :icon13:

r'ok i'll see what i can do with the Unicorn font, thanks cyprom

*edit* done LOL

ELloginUNICORNBMP.jpg

Edited by Ateh

aTeh, can you edit the font a little, make it look more like the old font? Thanks. :)

If it gets changed it wont look like space alliens are landing in the woods anymore :icon13: