Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Ants

OMG they are more social (maybe even inteligent) then most players in EL... and a hell of a lot more fun...

I know that Learner is working on having Ants hold grudges against people that attack them. On that same token maybe he could also have them help you out (fighting monsters only) for giving them food or items... I think that might get alittle tricky with the tradeing, but I think that would be pretty nice. You could have it so that the more expensive the gift the longer they would help you.

P.S.

The only down to fall to that is that the players can pk them and take there things back.

For those of you that haven't figured it out, the Ants are currently memorizing win/loss statistics on a per player/monster basis. They just haven't started using the information to know who to hate and how to react. So, you PK'ers keep on killing them. I hope tou can keep leveling faster then the Ants and don't run into a group of armed/armoed Ants!

heh evil...so learner what do you think of the adopt an ant idea?

Your question is off topic considering there is another thread already for it.

I hope they don't remember me from a few days before the server reset... :shock: I was having a great time killing them in KF on the test server! :oops:

8)

wow greatz. i gave ant_10 a steel 2 edge and steel chain to try out but then after following him into kf i got bord and i had to kill him :lol: got my steel chain back but i think he still has my steel 2 edge hehe

What are you actually doing with the ants now Learner? I mean they've been up for a few months now... anything acutally going to happen with them other than walking around and picking up bags/lvling themselves up?

Slowly getting work on trading (for Ants and Prattler) and working on their desire system for items they want (so that Ants can help each other out). I'm also trying to make sure they can and will go to more maps or they may never find some of the items they want. Later, I'll be adding them interacting with NPC's, so they can buy their own books.

Hopefully you have seen that they can do some Alchemy already, but without the desire system in place, they don't go looking for specific ingrediants. They only make things if they happen to get the items.

And what exactly do you plan on (ultimately) having them used for?

Sexual purpose? :shock:

woah! :lol: thats crazy.... :shock: but i dont care, learner is learner, he does whatever he wants with those ants :D

I thought that the ants program (some of it) would be used on NPC's that would walk around an d trade. Like a travelling merchant of sorts.

No, the Ants will NOT act like trade/store bots. It is very possible and Trading functionality is currently reserved for Store Bots (which are in the works as well).

i dont think learner wants them to be trade bots.... or store bots.... er ... same difference :roll:

ants can kill me now...

not clue learner im lvl 60

of course i was armor-less but still they are training way to much :?

No, the Ants will NOT act like trade/store bots. It is very possible and Trading functionality is currently reserved for Store Bots (which are in the works as well).

i dont think learner wants them to be trade bots.... or store bots.... er ... same difference :roll:

I think he meant the ants themselves. not some of their programming.