Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Ants

sounds interesting, i dont wish to get the entire hive after me :D

Sorry for the correction but a hive is bees and a COLONY is Ants :P

you have made "Legal" bag jumpers. What if there is an ant around and someone accidently clicks off the bag they're standing on? What's to prevent the ant from grabbing that person's bag?? If they do end up stealing thing, is the person who created the program going to pay for what they stole? And yes, it IS stolen. I know I'm not the only person that feels this way, but I'm not sure how many people agree with me.  

No, it is not stolen. By using bags you fully accept the risk of that happening. All you have to do is keep everything in your inventory and it can never be stolen.

Anyway, it's an interesting project, and could even lead to better monster AI.

No, it is not stolen. By using bags you fully accept the risk of that happening. All you have to do is keep everything in your inventory and it can never be stolen.

Well, if you run the risk, why do people get so upset when they click off the bag by accident and a player jumps on it? So how is it any different when these ants do it? And testing for better AI (Which I don't believe these are intelligent) one doesn't have to have 20 of them running around.

I think you should give Ants the self destruct perk so when the die against a high leveled creature or player they do 15 damage and and their sacrifice wasnt in vain :) What do you think?

why do people get so upset when they click off the bag by accident and a player jumps on it? So how is it any different when these ants do it? And testing for better AI (Which I don't believe these are intelligent) one doesn't have to have 20 of them running around.

People seem to be so used to the generally friendly community that they get mad at the people who aren't so friendly. Occasionally, people even try to get PKers banned if they don't return their stuff! Anyway, I'm going to stop talking about this, as it has already been discussed, and is getting off topic.

Also, the idea is that these bots are like ants, and ants don't live alone. These particular bots are designed to scurry around and pick up stuff, just as ants do. Plus, they are designed to work as a group.

learner, nice work, but one thing still bothers me. They have good potential. Maybe u can ask Entropy to provide them with like tit armor when they are super strong, then they can go pk, an army of pkers in a multiple pking map, even crus and mcmantis will have trouble. even if i have to, i will provide them with armor. How many are there?

Will the ants stay after you finish testing AI and its good for ent to use? Yeah that might be scary having 20 lvl 50 Ants in full EQ chasing after you, unless you arent alone then that means nice drops for me and others in my guild :D

The Ants will not get anything special from Entropy or Myself. They only items they get are what they get from playing the game itself. If people decide to seed the Ants with Titanium items, thats up to them. But, not all Ants may be able to wear/wield titanium, that all depends on how many human nexus points they have decided to take.

Yes, but you wont benefit other then knowing you have helped the needy, but that is a good feeling :D

:twisted: once that karma system kicks in... i'll swing by KF with my army of ant friends... pray to god i don't attack one by misstake.. >.<

The karma system doesn't mean the will help you and won't attack you, it means that they are less likely to start PK'ing you :)

This came up during the channel chats once:

It was suggested that maybe the ants, after they've finished whatever Learner plans for them, could become like gladiators in the WSC arena. Ant vs Ant fights, or Ant vs player fights, with other players placing bets.

One player may even try to take on all 20 ants at a time.

Personally, I don't much like the idea, but it's up to you if you want to think about it, Learner...

-Lyn-

Who said there will be only 20 Ants :twisted:

If they don't load the server down much and I can convince them to spread out more, I might run even more ants! A lot depends on them not being a negative factor in the game.

OT: Hm...would you ever release the source for the ants?

Now, you know what's really annoying, is that the ants CONTINUE to swarm around me. Just last night I had to move myself at least 6 times because the ants wouldn't leave me alone. At one point I had to move myself half way across a map just to get the damned things to stop swarming/following me. If this is your idea of a joke, Learner, it's not funny. Fix whatever problem that is causing them to continue to swarm me, or get rid of them.

Hey lost_one mind sizing ur avatar down just a bit!! :x

Want to know what would be awesome :) an Adopt an Ant program sorta like in D2 (not near just a relative idea) in D2 you can get a warrior and if you have the expan pack. you can equip it.

Well if you adopt an ant it would be a similar thing except that you can have commands like #attack or something or #protect and you can equip and train it to become a good fighter (maybe set limits on what it should attack or not and influence it for what nexuses and stuff) it would be SOOOO COOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no its not copying D2 cuz it would require completely different programming etc. etc.)

then in return for feeding it and healing it it would protect you and heal you if ur in danger

Want to know what would be awesome  an Adopt an Ant program sorta like in D2 (not near just a relative idea) in D2 you can get a warrior and if you have the expan pack. you can equip it.  

Well if you adopt an ant it would be a similar thing except that you can have commands like #attack or something or #protect and you can equip and train it to become a good fighter (maybe set limits on what it should attack or not and influence it for what nexuses and stuff) it would be SOOOO COOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no its not copying D2 cuz it would require completely different programming etc. etc.)  

then in return for feeding it and healing it it would protect you and heal you if ur in danger

Interesting idea, but rather problematic. eg. if two people adopt the same ant, whom does it choose to follow? And what happens if these two people fight one another? The ant will get very confused... :)