Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mdh01

EG Quest +/- 50 Mill in prizes

Hey all,

eventhough the new test server will be online we had been planning this quest allready so here goes:

On Sunday the 18th of April at 21:00 GMT (9 pm GMT) the Eternal Guardians will be hosting an extraordinary quest event.

It will be a enjoyable quest, which main goal is to bring some more fun into Eternal Lands,

bring people together and revolutionize the events of EL, that lately have just become the regular manhunts.

This is not a manhunt, but a quest with a story that will evolve as you proceed with the quest.

It would be an advantage to have a good knowledge of the different places in Eternal Lands, but it is not required.

In general you will also need a fair knowledge about the items in Eternal Lands and their uses.

The Story:

The good ship "Mary" had set sails for the Grubani docks 3 days ago carrying goods to the coming tribe celebration in southern Grubani.

Alas the Ghaelan Ocean was rebellious due to the terrible storm that had haunted the lands 2 days ago -

what destiny had this storm brought the sailors?

Your quest will start when you report at the Corren Tavern to the EG member there and he'll start you off,

the Quest exists of a total of 9 Checkpoints - all in non-PK maps.

We will make individual logs of every player reporting at each Checkpoint (hence cheating is not possible - so don't even try it)

and the 10 fastest people to do this quest will collect the prizes.

(you can monitor this in realtime )

But remember - this is about having fun, and not about the prizes -

use this opportunity to get away from the usual levelling, and have fun by doing a quest with some of your friends

You may win or you may not - doesn't matter as long as you have fun

A Potions Maker Cloak is HIGHLY recommended for this quest!

How does it work ??

you need to sign up on the EG website ) and you will be added to the player list.

to play you need to have EL running windowed on say 800x600 if you have a 1024x768 screen

this is needed for the the dialog panel

Sunday 21:00 gmt report to the EG member in corren tavern and you are all set to go !!

Quest time: Around 1-2 hours ( 21:00 - 23:00 GMT)

Prizes:

1. 15000 Platinum coins (15mill)

2. 10000 platinum coins (10 mill)

3. 6000 platinum coins (6 mill)

4. 4000 platinum coins (4 mill)

5. 3000 platinum coins (3 mill)

6. 2000 platinum coins (2 mill)

7. Doom cape

8. 1000 platinum coins (1 mill)

9. Tit Serp

10. Tit Chain

11. Cloak set

and for the rest that did not get to the first 11, we have for everyone that fully completes the quest within the timeframe a surprise gift

Good luck ...

Furthermore we would like to encourage people to do this in teams of up to 5 people - it's more fun when you do the quest together with friends, and it may even be an advantage, as there will be more people to think about how to complete certain quest parts :-)

Good luck everyone, and have fun! =)

Just to clear this up.

You CANT register as a team - only as individuals

If you decide to help each other...thats fine.

Its supposed to be for fun, so no need to try and cheat :)

I signed up, but there is not telling what I have to do so I might not can make it. Ill try me best to be there because it sounds fun.

I signed up, but there is not telling what I have to do so I might not can make it. Ill try me best to be there because it sounds fun.

hmmm???

to play you need to have EL running windowed on say 800x600 if you have a 1024x768 screen  

this is needed for the the dialog panel  

Sunday 21:00 gmt report to the EG member in corren tavern and you are all set to go !!  

Quest time: Around 1-2 hours ( 21:00 - 23:00 GMT)  

furthermore there was a link on the eg site to start playing !!

perhaps you mis-read something eldwen :wink:

This page shows the final results :0)

http://eg.outback-nl.com/cp-ranking.php

Even though some things went wrong, overall I think that it was a succes - we'll definately do more of these events ;-)

And here are some pictures I took of the event :-)

http://frip.dk/bjorn/el_quest_1.jpg

http://frip.dk/bjorn/el_quest_2.jpg

http://frip.dk/bjorn/el_quest_birdview.jpg

http://frip.dk/bjorn/el_quest_dragonview.jpg

Thanks all for participating - Hope you had fun :-)

BTW, would you like to be able to read the original quest script? - might have some interest to the people who weren't able to actually do the quest :-)

wytter how do u get that dragon view? pm me when yr on mate i need that view :D

Bwuahaha, it's a small (but nice) hack in the client source - I've simply just removed the limits of the zoom parameters ;-)

Can't compile a client without zoom limits for Windows though, sorry.

I will probably not have the time for going online this week, sorry :-(

nice but ya really should have turned off those nastly health bars and name tags for the screenshots! :D

And the event sounded fun, keep it up guys! :)

I'll remember that the next time ;-) We'll definately do more of these events, and we have quite a few more quests in store for you guys ;-)

Anyway, decided to post the original script (was changed a bit for the final quest) - anyone who missed it can read it if they want to know what they missed, or perhaps even redo the quest if they wish ;-)

----

Title: The lost sailor

Storyline:

The players will meet a worried mother and father, whos son decided to drop the peaceful countrylife and set sails for the sea as a sailor on the schooner "Mary".

The ship had set sails for the Grubani docks 3 days ago carrying goods to the coming tribe celebration in southern Grubani, but the Ghaelan Ocean had been rebellious due to the terrible storm that had haunted the lands 2 days ago. They had been busy repairing the farm in the last 2 days and have not been able to gain any information of their sons destiny. They will send the adventurer to the MoonShadows tavern where their sons childhood friend was working.

Places

Map over this continent:

continent1_plan.gif

Places this quest will bring the adventurers:

1: Desert Pines (3)

2: Valley of the Dwarfs (5)

3: Morcraven Marshlands (7)

6: Naralik ( 8 )

Roles:

Father

Mother

Friend in VOTD

Guard 1

General

Winemaker

Guard 2

Sailor

In total: 8 people are needed for the quest

Needed items:

Fur cloaks

Watersacks

Armour: 2 iron helmets, 2 tit chains, 2 steel shields, 2 capes, 2 leather pants

Weapons: 2 Tit longs

Checkpoints:

Desert Pines

CP 1: The farm in DP

Scenery:

1) The players will meet a worried mother and father.

2) Clothing should just be casual - not sure if we have any farm-specific clothing :0)

3) They should be just outside he barn in DP

4) A fur cloak for each player

Dialogues:

Father: Oh look <name of mother> I think that we have company

Mother: *Dries her eyes* Welcome to our humble home young adventurer

Mother: *Burst out crying*

Father: Sigh, she has been like that since the terrible storm. You see - our son <insert name here> was a sailor on the good schooner "Mary", that was delivering goods to places all over the continent. They set sails 3 days ago with goods for the annual tribe celebration in Grubani, but we are worried that they did not get that far - the Ghaelan Ocean was very rebellious during the storm 2 days ago, and they did not seek shelter in the Portland docks.

Mother: He was such a good boy - I warned him so many times about going to sea. He should've stayed here with us in the country, this is where he belongs. Alas he was always adventurous and did not listen to our warnings :'(

Father: The only way we could know for sure about his destiny would be through the gossip that is done in the shadows of the moon where his childhood friend <insert name here> that had moved to a more suitable place for a dwarf. Alas we have too much work to do on the farm after the storm - perhaps you would be interested in talking to <insert name here>?

If we get a positive reply:

Mother: *sniff* In that case, you will need something to keep yourself warm. Here, take this cloak *She hands him a fur cloak* - keep it, you may never know when you'll need it - but please keep it safe, it is one of my sons cloaks.

Father: Bring him this message: I am helping the parents of <insert name of son here> to get news about their son. I was told that you might have some information.

The person has now finished the first CP.

Valley of the Dwarfs

CP 2: MoonShadows tavern

Scenery:

1) They will find the friend in the Tavern

2) Not anything specific - perhaps some leather boots

3) He should be sitting by one of the tables

4) Nothing but a message =)

Dialogues:

Friend: Noooo! We're all out of wine from the marshes :-( :-( This is a disaster! Oh, hello... You must be new here - I work for Sir MoonShadow and I am responsible for the supplies of the Tavern. Alas this can be a very stressing job - especially with that employer ;-)~. Hmm... You look like you have something on your mind?

Adventurer: I am helping the parents of <insert name of son here> to get news about their son. I was told that you might have some information.

Friend: Ah yes - as matter of fact I do. The ship was seen passing Portland 2 days ago just before the storm began. I know a man who is working at Fort Cadalan - the soldiers there are very likely to have seen the ship passing by during the storm, as they had people stationed close to the beach in order to watch for ships in distress. That is unfortunately all the information I have - you should go talk to the man in the Winery, but last I heard they were quite strict as to who they let enter. Just tell him that you've been sent here from MoonShadows tavern and wishes to speak to <insert name of winery guy/gal here>.

Oh and bring <insert name of winery guy/gal here> this message: SOS - Wine needed – Now! MoonShadows Tavern. Then explain him why you are there.

The person has now finished the second CP.

Morcraven Marshes

CP 3: Entrance of Fort Caladan

Scenery:

1) By the gates of Fort Caladan the adventurers will be met by a heavily armed guard.

2) Tit chain, Iron helmet, Tit long, Leather pants, Cape, Steel shield

3) Right by the entrance

4) Nothing

Dialogues:

Guard: Halt! You may not enter before you have been accepted by our leader. He is currently recovering from the latest battle against the Orcs in Naralik. You will be able to find him in the House of the Rising Sun just north of here. You must explain your reasons for going in to the Fort to him, and he may allow or disallow you to enter.

- The 3rd CP is NOT finished yet!

CP 4: The house of the rising sun

Scenery:

1) The general is sitting on the bed. He has recovered from his wounds, but his mind is still weak.

2) Nothing special unless theres a general-type clothing - perhaps doom cape or something?

3) On one of the beds furthest away from the entrance

4) A watersack for each player, once he has acquired a mana or spirit restoration potion

Dialogues:

General: Oh, it seems that I have company. Tell me, soldier, what do you have on your mind?

Adventurer: Should explain that he wants to enter the Fort (and perhaps also the reasons why).

General: Sigh... This is probably not the right time for you to go see me. You see – even though my body has healed from the wounds I acquired during the battle I've found myself incompetent to make any decisions – it is as if my mind has not been fully restored. If you help me to get back in the position of being able to make decisions, I'd allow you to enter the Fort.

If the player gives the General a spirit restoration or mana potion, the General will allow him to enter – perhaps the player should get an item like a watersack or something that people don't use very often that he must give to the soldier including a message saying that: Their leader is back!

Dialogues – continued:

General: I am you very thankful traveller – you may enter the Fort. To enter you must give the guard this item: <gives him a watersack> and pm him saying: Your leader is back!

They have now finished CP 4.

CP 5: Winery

Scenery:

1) The adventurer is once again stopped by the guard at the entrance of the Fort. After trading the watersack to the guard he is allowed to continue, and

he has finished Checkpoint 3.

Now the player must walk into the Winery where he will meet the friend of <name of person in MoonShadows tavern>.

2) Nothing special :0)

3) By the grapes, drinking wine =)

4) Nothing

Dialogues:

Winemaker: Heellllo thhere *hiccup* – Wellcomes to teh Winnery. Whatt ddo you have on your minnd?

Adventurer: Should explain why he's there.

Winemaker: Ohh... Yesh, there was a shhip that crasshed on the sshhores in Narlik during the storm – we have one brave shoilder shtationned there – you sshhould go talk to him, just ask him for any news on the ship crash. But tell me: Who sshent you here?

Adventurer: Tells him the name of the person in MoonShadows tavern... If the adventurer also gives him the message from <insert name of person in MST>

(If only the name is told:

Winemaker: Ohh, yes, he's a very goood costumer. Did he tell you to deliver a messsage tto meh?

Adventurer: Tells the message)

Winemaker: To wiine – the cause of and the solution to all of life's problems – we will sship some immideately.

The 5th CP is now finished...

Naralik

CP 6: The shipwreck

Scenery:

1) A heavily armed soldier is examining the shipwreck.

2) Tit chain, Iron helmet, Tit long, Leather pants, Cape, Steel shield

3) By the shipwreck

4) Nothing

Dialogues:

Soldier: Halt – who's there?

Soldier: Ah phew – feared that it was another of these orcs. They have been very active lately. What brings you to these shores?

Adventurer: Example: I am here to get news on the shipwrecking.

Soldier: Ah yes – what a tragedy that is. I was here on that fearful night, and I can still here their screams... I heard the sounds of timber cracking when the ship wrecked on these shores, but the Orcs were there as well. They love to watch the destructive forces of the wind when a storm enters the shore, and they were ready when they saw the sailors being thrown of the ship as it was crashed into the shore by the rebellious sea. About 10 orcs were carrying the poor sailors down in their catacombs where the living will face an even worse destiny than those that were already dead. The orcs have been known to eat the dead and make the living work in the deepest, coldest and most humid parts of the catacombs, where the only light comes from the mystic green crystals. There they will be kept imprisoned until they die of either the climate, the hard labour or starvation.

CP 7: The catacombs

Scenery:

1) One living sailor is found in the emerald mines – fortunately this is the sailor that they were looking for. He is cold and generally in very bad health (Health bar should show red – have negative food level).

2) Nothing!

3) Sitting on the chair by the emeralds

4) Nothing =) Winners will be named after everyone has completed the quest.

Dialogues:

Sailor: *brrrr*

Sailor: *brrrr* I'm so cold :-|

Continue with these hints untill they trade the cloak

Sailor: Ahhh, thank you very much adventurer. Now that I don't have to worry about keeping myself warm I might even be able to escape from this hell-house – what can I possibly do to return this favour?

They have completed the quest

Errr no they haven't u forgot to go to Aluwen and tell the assistant Where Soldus is m8

Errr no they haven't u forgot to go to Aluwen and tell the assistant Where Soldus is m8

Err, this is the original script. I wrote it and I think that I know my own quest ;-) It was changed a bit in the final implementation.

lmao oops so this is the original script I like the final script better and what happened to the other checkpoints cuz supposedly after ur done if ur in the quest box it wants you to type another password :shock: :shock:

It is however not that easy to actually do these events. We are planning another quest event, but it takes weeks of work before a quest the size of our last one can take place.

maybe its to easy great story but no fighting is a little lost quest

You'd be amazed to know how few actually completed it :angry: Most people needed help.