Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Banedon

The Pro's of the game

For me, there's an awful lot to like about EL.

I'm a crafter sort of player.. I like to make things, be it in-game items or helping to build up a guild. There's a huge amount to learn and to do here, and that appeals strongly to me. I like that there are secrets to be found, that there are unexpected little twists to things (even if I did take the Skeptic perk), and that there is a great sense of "future" to be found here. I anticipate that there will be a great deal for me to experience, including many new things, for years to come in EL. That sort of "non-stale longevity" is something very nice to discover.

I like that Entropy and Co. keep an eye on things and keep the riffraff out, for the most part. That's a piece of an even bigger characteristic, though, now that I think about it. It's really that the game is actually *managed*. I can't express how many times I've seen games that are all eye candy but are just let to run amok, with economies spiraling out of control, groups of digital thugs taking over the servers, and a complete lack of staff presence. EL is not like that, and I'm incredibly pleased to find it so. It's nice to see the folks in charge actually being *present* in the game, and keeping things stable.

In addition to the game itself, the Community is also a large positive. I've met some nice people here, and the combination of the people, the atmosphere, and the "managed environment" make this game feel less like some kind of "wild frontier free-for-all" and more like an actual "community." It reminds me very strongly of the communities that used to spring up on local Bulletin Board Systems in the days before the widespread availability of the internet. While some may scoff at some of my "old timer's nostalgia", I really can't express enough how groovy of a thing that actually is. It's a sense of community that I thought had died when AOL opened for business, and I'm profoundly happy to find that there's still a pocket of it here, alive and well. :(

I also am very appreciative that EL is available for Linux, so I won't have to give up playing when I finally manage to make the switch, something that I would have been forced to do with just about any other MMORPG that I've found thus far.

^What he said.

I'd also like to chime in that I have played many an mmorpg in my day, back to when Legends of Kesmai was in its stride but I have been here for I think a good 3 years now... whenever it was that iron plate was the best item in game. This is the only mmorpg that I always come back to, even after taking a break for a month or two. There is always something to train, something to make, something to see and do. I'm definitely glad I decided on the all-rounder route with my current char because I never get bored, but Ent, you need to slow down on introducing these new skills, your screwing my even training all up :P

PK

right on :P

The challange to become the best at PK, to have the best armors and everyone to look up to you, are the things that make me tick play

same here :D

i play for the community. some times i get on and just talk to ppl and harvest.

But i live fighting as well.. and manu..

i love how the game is expanding..

but most of all.. the community.

plus i have over $200 bucks in this game so far and i plan to invest more lol...

*raises hand* Hi my name is Jizzy......and im an EL addict....

Mugwort, of course! :(

Actually my list is long... wish I had more time to enjoy EL!

PkG <3 :( Those guys keep me playing :)

Awh, isn't that sweet. :)

Only a couple things keep me playing atm. You know who you are. :)

awwwwww Pop :hug:

having played several mmo's in the year off i took, i have to say it's the people/community that brought me back and keeps me here...

that and the depth of EL... there's just soooo much to do, most other games are just bash a mob til you hit the level cap

What mostly keeps me playing is that I have ambitions to get or make things in the game that I am enjoying working towards but they aren't such easy things as they are expensive or it will take a lot of levelling to make them. Also the constant updates keeps it interesting for me.

Community not so much as there are times when I'm so busy with something I don't have time to chat.

One of my ambitions is to have a collection of magic (glowy) swords. I have a Therm S2E and am hoping to work towards an Ice sword (maybe a different type). I would rather find, make or buy the ingreds myself as it feels more satisfying.

Friends and pstszulki... Hmm.... not really a difference between friends and pstszulki ^_^

i'd have to say

1) the friends, and...the ppl who somehow keep you intrigued :D

2) all the different choices in day to day el life...trying a bit of everything til you find something you really love (or even don't pick) is what makes el so great.

...that and i love how it's so easy to chat with people, in channel and pm :icon13:

My favourite part if being able to switch between skills when others get boring. I mean, there's the nexus problem, but other than that you really can do any and all skills. In other games I'd play I needed to make 10 or so charecters, just wasnt as fun.

Then of course there's friends, the feeling of teamwork is much more vibrant when you are allowed to get to know the other player in different ways.

~KgN

Its the people for me, this game has one of the best or even the best people in it, some are bad apples but you get those evrywhere, ive met some of my clsoest and dear friends on here including my current girlfriend, a close friend whos new fella is offering me a joib in america which will help me live out my life long dream, an extra family in the form of shallara, miles and her family, melch included though dont tell him i said that :) so many people have helped me change or try to change my life and i think this game will live forever for all of you, no offense to the development team but nothing can be added to the game that can beat the players i think