Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Banedon

The Pro's of the game

For Me it is the constant evolution. Good or bad. A game the is evolving is constantly growing

Please put your ideas down as to why or what you like most about this game.

If you don't have anything positive than Please don't POST

For me its defenitely the community that keeps me here..and yes, as you said..the good AND bad of it!

JezeBelle

I am with Jezebelle on this one, the community, and the fact that there are still surprises and secrets to be found, and I doubt I will ever get all of them. Of course, my guildies and other friends matter a whole lot too. :)

The game provides a very nice distraction from everyday trouble for me. The harder I work in RL... the more ogres die :)

I agree with Jezebelle.

Other than that, theres always something to do, skill or not.

It feels endless and I have plans stretching years ahead. I've tried to find other games at times but I end up slapping myself saying it don't get better than this. I play very relaxed and I'm trying all the skills except potions... heh, so far. And I think I know why players get burned out (a/d rush to PK).

And oh! The EL-shop does not destroy the game balance and make it unfair like all other 'Free' MMORPGs. I even felt they deserve to get something bought after my first year. Now I'm on my second and I'm looking at a nice sword soon ;)

EL is a strange love and I can't see an end to it.

EDIT: I'm no pro \o/ Leaving EL for a while (I managed two days away rofl). I'm back! ;D

<3

Tvinn

Edited by Tvinn

- the game possibilities which are gigantic: I've never played a game with so much things to do and I really like the diversity.

- the community which is awesome

- the difficulty of the game which is not too easy: after 2 years of playing, I still feel like a n00b for several things :D

For me, there's an awful lot to like about EL.

I'm a crafter sort of player.. I like to make things, be it in-game items or helping to build up a guild. There's a huge amount to learn and to do here, and that appeals strongly to me. I like that there are secrets to be found, that there are unexpected little twists to things (even if I did take the Skeptic perk), and that there is a great sense of "future" to be found here. I anticipate that there will be a great deal for me to experience, including many new things, for years to come in EL. That sort of "non-stale longevity" is something very nice to discover.

I like that Entropy and Co. keep an eye on things and keep the riffraff out, for the most part. That's a piece of an even bigger characteristic, though, now that I think about it. It's really that the game is actually *managed*. I can't express how many times I've seen games that are all eye candy but are just let to run amok, with economies spiraling out of control, groups of digital thugs taking over the servers, and a complete lack of staff presence. EL is not like that, and I'm incredibly pleased to find it so. It's nice to see the folks in charge actually being *present* in the game, and keeping things stable.

In addition to the game itself, the Community is also a large positive. I've met some nice people here, and the combination of the people, the atmosphere, and the "managed environment" make this game feel less like some kind of "wild frontier free-for-all" and more like an actual "community." It reminds me very strongly of the communities that used to spring up on local Bulletin Board Systems in the days before the widespread availability of the internet. While some may scoff at some of my "old timer's nostalgia", I really can't express enough how groovy of a thing that actually is. It's a sense of community that I thought had died when AOL opened for business, and I'm profoundly happy to find that there's still a pocket of it here, alive and well. :D

I also am very appreciative that EL is available for Linux, so I won't have to give up playing when I finally manage to make the switch, something that I would have been forced to do with just about any other MMORPG that I've found thus far.

What keeps me playing :

There's always something new to discover in the game :P

I still have to pk / brod few people before I retire

Friends

No way Sagarmatha will pass me, bad herbs are hard to kill, I might play a looong time :D lool

~TK.

Edited by Michic0_oL

Friends.

Exercising the old grey matter coding.

getting ebul rich irl is a nice perk too :D

I wont ever get involved in other then main server playing again.

EDIT: I'm no pro \o/!! Leaving EL for a while (see forum > bans)

:D

Edited by Tvinn

PK

right on ;)

The challange to become the best at PK, to have the best armors and everyone to look up to you, are the things that make me tick play

PK

heres my bro ;)

-PK

-Friends

only these 2 things keep me playing el. nothing more

used to be PK and community/friends for me wen i used to play, but i quit coz PK was going downhill and quite a lot of other friends left.

I stay because of the PK and the few friends that I can still stand. Other then that I don't know why I am still playing EL.

The challange to become the best at PK, to have the best armors and everyone to look up to you, are the things that make me tick play

You can never be me. ;)

Lol, nah, I don't know anymore.. I even did #killme yes to my 80s char to start again, I guess atm it's to build the best account for the DP arena, it'll take some time, but I'm sure it will eventually, already been the #1 once. :P

What keeps me here after more than 1.5 years:

-- Community -- yay, channel 4 and forums.

-- Freedom to do what I want with my character, whenever I want.

-- Management/moderation done right -- not too little, not too much.

-- A little exercise for my creative imagination.

I haven't played since the new client because of issues with my comp, and I'm going through serious withdrawal. I miss that little world! ;)

1) Definitely the people that i've met here

2) being able to do so many thing that i cant do in real life. I got such a thrill rush when i killed my first goblin :P

3) the thought of one day killing something like a fluffy or a dragon :)

Edited by Isenwolf

1) Community

2) How the game is expanding

3) all the possibility's in the game

4) new secrets you find (even tho i am not an explorer)

5) the thrill of making that special item (i got addicted to them as soon as my first ever sword turned out to be a modable :P )

6) and i am just an EL addict and don't feel ashamed for it either :)