Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dejan

Need clarification

I carefully read all rules about bots, and this one in particular caught my eye: "The only bots that are allowed to buy and sell now are paid bots."

Does this mean that, if my bot does not buy and sell, I can actually have a bot which is free of charge?

I need to know this because I would like to have a special bot for my guild which would primarily be used for various information (leaving messages, guild-jobs, events, contests, etc). This bot would never buy or sell products, but it would take stuff from guildmates, and give stuff to them (free of charge).

Again, the question is - is this type of bot free or not. Sure I understand perfectly that the bot must be approved by EL crew, according to other rules.

Kind regards.

Edited by Dejan

If it is seen to benefit the game as a whole (gossip/eternalbroker/rraisa) and Entropy agrees then he may allow it to be a free bot.

If however it is used for guild purposes (such as you state) then it would be classed as a guildbot and require the $20 or $100 fee.

edit: <?php $thisbox = str_replace('_',')',$thisbox); ?>

Edited by LabRat

In this case I would request a change in the rules (text), to make it more clear.

What You (LabRat), said above is in clear "collision" with the rule i mentioned above, because bot i explained clearly do not either buy, or sell.

Am I right?

In this case I would request a change in the rules (text), to make it more clear.

What You (LabRat), said above is in clear "collision" with the rule i mentioned above, because bot i explained clearly do not either buy, or sell.

Am I right?

I would like to have a special bot for my guild
bot for my guild to hold stuff for guildies is a guild bot.

Yeah LabRat, all that would be clear enough if I can find part about what you call a "guild bot" in this thread made by Roja: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13063 ... She has never mentioned that guild-bots should be payed if they are not commerce bots.

Am I right?

There are other types of paid bots that don't buy or sell. The negative of that rules isn't true because it doesn't say that the only paid bots are those that can buy/sell, it says that bots the buy/sell must be paid for. Also, giving stuff to a bot for free, is buying it for 0 gc if you think about it.

I carefully read all rules about bots, and this one in particular caught my eye: "The only bots that are allowed to buy and sell now are paid bots."

Does this mean that, if my bot does not buy and sell, I can actually have a bot which is free of charge?

I need to know this because I would like to have a special bot for my guild which would primarily be used for various information (leaving messages, guild-jobs, events, contests, etc). This bot would never buy or sell products, but it would take stuff from guildmates, and give stuff to them (free of charge).

Again, the question is - is this type of bot free or not. Sure I understand perfectly that the bot must be approved by EL crew, according to other rules.

Kind regards.

Hmm...

Rule 1:

1. All bots must be declared & paid for. If they are not, they will be banned.

Then immediately below the rules:

How much does having a bot cost?

There are 3 different types of bot costs:

1.A normal character bot: $20 per year.

2.A blessed character bot: $100 for the first year, then $20 for each year thereafter.

(A blessed bot is given 500 coordination and 500 physique.)

3.A bot that supports and benefits the whole community can be free, if approved by us. This is determined on a case by case basis.

The part you quoted says that for example a bot like Gossip cannot ever be used to buy or sell or trade. Any bot that is used to benefit you and/or your guild IN ADDITION TO doing any "community service" MUST be paid for. "Buying and selling" is nothing more than a trade exchange of items, be it different items, no items on one side, or gc coins and items. Also I expect a free bot will only be granted if the bot benefits the entire community, not just your guild.

Aislinn thanks, i missed that part of that thread. I got the point now. :) Thank you.

Still, I would say that rules should be carefully re-written to avoid confusion. For an instance rule I asked about is not "compatible" with those 3 types of bots mentioned after. Furthermore, those are NOT in the rule-list at all! It is just an additional note.

I would appreciate very much if there is a page about bots somewhere on the site, not on forums, with crystal clear details about bots. It would be IMHO more professional, and it could also be used as some kind of end-user agreement.

Kind regards, and thanks all of you for your replies.

Aisllin:

Ty for the clafication. I came to that same opinion after reading :

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13063

I think a bot posting in the market channel for buying/selling and a url to the guild for more details wouldnt be a benefit for the whole community. So it wouldnt be free.

I like the idea of a bot page on site. That would be helpful as the only one there is Lerners bot page (I think).

I love bots, smile.

Our bot sava has the same for years... The problem is that people do not see the URI it is giving them... ;)