Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LabRat

Proposal for a new tradebot feature as standard

With the capability of cutting and pasting directly from the chatlog since 1.6.0 I propose a new addition for all tradebots, one which will cause no more overhead, no extra lines sent and could increase sales immensely.

What is this breakthrough wonderdrug I hear you ask?

Wait for it - this will blow your mind in its obviousness and usefulness.

/botname loc

Nothing special there, after all they all have that command right?

How about the bot returns "I am {wherever} at coordinates {x,y} #markpos x,y botname" with the markpos ready to be copied and pasted immediately once the person enters the relevant map?

There's my idea, a short, sweet and simple change that could net thousands of gc in repeat trade.

Excellent idea, LabRat!

I'll do it for our bot Sava.

With the capability of cutting and pasting directly from the chatlog since 1.6.0 I propose a new addition for all tradebots, one which will cause no more overhead, no extra lines sent and could increase sales immensely.

What is this breakthrough wonderdrug I hear you ask?

Wait for it - this will blow your mind in its obviousness and usefulness.

/botname loc

Nothing special there, after all they all have that command right?

How about the bot returns "I am {wherever} at coordinates {x,y} #markpos x,y botname" with the markpos ready to be copied and pasted immediately once the person enters the relevant map?

There's my idea, a short, sweet and simple change that could net thousands of gc in repeat trade.

I leave that up to my bot owners where to supply coords or not ... personally I'm against any use of coords in the game since it works against role playing. Thats why my bots only give a text description about where they are, and no coords.