Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ermabwed

Change description of Scientists day

We recently had a Scientists day and the roleplay description is missing, so even though I'm not a RPer I set out to see if I could find something....

Currently the day reads

Scientists day

English: No knowledge required today (for harvest, manufacture, alchemy, etc.).

Role Playing: Umm, just read the English description, I don't feel like making a 'story' about it, it's 12 am and I have to go to work tomorrow. :)

Now, The Great Almanac of the Gods tells us the following (underscore mine):

Unolas

The god of Magic.

Having attained his godhood through the guidance of Mortos then being forced into war against Aluwen, Zarin, Elandria and Glydoc, Unolas now strives to remain aloof and throws himself into the pursuit of knowledge, wisdom and mastery of magic. As a mortal draegoni, he was acknowledged as the brightest among his race, but as a god, his knowledge soon exceeded all the other deities. He is the patron of teachers and mages. Unolas is reluctant to accept traditional definitions and he will constantly seek alternative paths to a problem, and he enjoys dabbling in invention and creation. Often, Elandria or Jayden would go to him for a fresh perspective on their own problems. To follow the path of Unolas is to seek what is beyond the concept of logic and the mind of magic.

So from that my suggested change to scientists day is:

Day of Unolas

English: No knowledge required today (for harvest, manufacture, alchemy, etc.).

Role Play: Today Unolas blesses all of Draia with knowledge enabling us to perform tasks which we haven't studied yet.

Yes, my suggestion includes changing the name of the day :)

One thing I wasn't sure of and couldn't find anybody to confirm was if Scientists day works with Summoning as well, if that was so, the English description could be changed to

English: No knowledge required today for harvest and anything requiring the mix window.

In that case the full description would be

Day of Unolas

English: No knowledge required today for harvest and anything requiring the mix window.

Role Play: Today Unolas blesses all of Draia with knowledge enabling us to perform tasks which we haven't studied yet.

Whilst I like the inclusion of roleplay here, the general rather than specific description may have been implemented because..as we all know..those dratted Gods keep arguing and disappearing on occasion, with new replacements taking over every now and again. With that in mind, the chances are that the "scholars" day description was implemented to ensure that changes of ingame Gods would not require a further alteration to the #day description each time. Of course I could be wrong but thats my guess atm...

Unolas is one of the gods I really don't see changing from all that is in the forums about the gods and the future changes. I think you came up with a great idea Ermabwed. I don't know how much effort it would take to change but it is much better than what we have at the moment. :)

Tirun

Great idea, but I chose the Godless perk. If you are going to RP then surely everyone that has the Godless perk should be excluded from the day (call it unolas's wrath or some such thing)?

Great idea, but I chose the Godless perk. If you are going to RP then surely everyone that has the Godless perk should be excluded from the day (call it unolas's wrath or some such thing)?

You may not believe in Unolas, but he still blesses everyone in Draia :)

No need to mention mix window, though you could mention books :) The rest I like alot, additional roleplay in any ingame messages definately improves the atmosphere of play for me. And obviously this particular message is begging to be re-written. And the suggested re-write makes sense and fits the game.

Edited by kailomonkey

No need to mention mix window, though you could mention books :) The rest I like alot, additional roleplay in any ingame messages definately improves the atmosphere of play for me. And obviously this particular message is begging to be re-written. And the suggested re-write makes sense and fits the game.

I suggested mentioning the mix window as another day's description does it too (and in a similar fashion) and the previous one mentioned that the day affected the skills using the mix window. The other reason for mentioning the mix window was that I don't know if this day affects fighting knowledge. If it does even the current description would need to be changed. Wait, that's what the suggestion is about :evilgrin:

I think you can harvest with the day too, if you have the nexus. So that doesn't use the mix window :rolleyes:

And I think Ace said that Unolas is very unlikely to be changing, in not so many words,