Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ignoble

Bag Timeout

The number of times I've lost bags because I'm just guessing the time is phenomenol & I guess I'm not the only one. Would it be possible to stick a timer on there?

click the clock or type #time when you create the bag or drop an item into it.

You have 12 minutes from then. I always give it 10 minutes to be on the safe side, and refresh regularly anyway.

Bags are not meant as storage, there is not an infinite number allowed ingame at any one time. After a certain number are created the server starts deleting old bags to make room for new ones.

Edited by LabRat

Does that mean we can wipe out all the death bags in el by dropping millions of flowers in separate bags? :wub:

Nope that means you get made PKable for bagspamming -.-

Oh I so miss underworld tennis..

chances are, because of the new bags for old server thing labrat refers to, that putting a timer on for the bags lifespan is unfeasible..theres no set way of determining in advance how long each bag might last for if the bag limit is reached on that map. Just having an upper limit of 12 minutes is not a guarantee so cant be used as a value to set the timer to start from. Nice thought though

Does that mean we can wipe out all the death bags in el by dropping millions of flowers in separate bags? :)

Methinks it's time you read some game rules.

15. No Bag Spamming.

Do not drop large numbers of bags for any purpose as this may lead to the bags of others to disappear and cause people to lose the items they’ve temporarily placed at their feet.

And as has been pointed out, bags are:

1. NOT meant to be predictable and safe.

2. Can't predict how long a bag will last since it is dependent upon other variables.

The number of times I've lost bags because I'm just guessing the time is phenomenol & I guess I'm not the only one. Would it be possible to stick a timer on there?

It's also suggested that you NEVER put anything into a bag you aren't willing to lose. Bags are not your property and don't be suprised if you lose it even before the timer expires. Think what happens when you are attacked by an invasion Rat, you kill it and then automatically step on it's spot, leaving your bag open to get jumped.

NEVER PUT ANYTHING IN A BAG YOU AREN'T WILLING TO LOSE! Bags are NOT intended as temporary storage. If you use it that way, you could lose it!