Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
XaRondas

Are u a real pker?

Well here are my 2 cents for pk

First of all i don t think that capped arenas or maps or i don t know what gonna really help pk. Those we have are plenty and enough , if someone wants to stay all his EL life at DPA well thats really his/her problem

Second I don t really understand the concept of non pk guilds to have allies. Really what s the point of it , economic alliance or something?

3. About pk guilds , imho pk guild shouldn t have allies , whats the point of it? dominate maps ? Make your guild strong by fighting not with allies , fight hard and dominate the map... ( i think this will also stop that crazy thing with 12152454231 guilds at EL atm)

4. Another thing most ppl say pk is dead, u know total war command, u know u can fight all over EL (except IP) at night , u know of course that all guildies begin as non combatant, so why don t u create a pk unit and fight with your enemies during night?

5. If its like " i am gonna take my HEs SRs blah blah blah....oups i forgot my OS and i have to go back to sto " and stay after for 20 minutes at a pk map really u are not going to find anyone......... so get ready and be an all time pker with TOTAL F.....G WAR

6. Really many posts about Brod, rare special swords etc aren t really helping

7. The main problem is that most ppl don t want to loose/die if u can t accept the fact that u might die you are never going to revive pk at EL

8. most of the pker were chearing about PK server ...now that pker are divided between 2 servers moan still remains

Well my main ideas are these ....

Don t forget to have fun

Xarondas

@Xarondas

You're entire post is un-founded bs that you haven't thought through. It's the best example of a furious rant i've ever seen,

"zomg set total war", "stop posting about brod/rare swords", yada yada... if it was as easy as u think to make people want to PK in EL people would be.

You

Dont

Know

Shit

:P

7. The main problem is that most ppl don t want to loose/die if u can t accept the fact that u might die you are never going to revive pk at EL

This is the only bit i'll even bother countering.

It's not that people dont want to die, it's that people dont want to lose 17kgc.

btw i don see the complexity of *why ppl don t pk* ... its so easy ppl don t want to loose st00f and rostos are expensive

So your saying, the answer to the question "why ppl don t pk?" is that they "don t want to loose st00f and rostos are expensive"...?

Well, your first post very clearly indicates that you think it's the peoples fault PK is not more active, that the game as it is, with the current price of PK, is great, and anyone with the slightest want to PK should just be doing it.

That pissed me off.

My goal with all the suggestions i post or comment on is always this:

I want every person who only PK's on NDD, and people who say "I would PK but...", and people who say "i'm not stupid enough to PK in a game where it costs this much", PK'ing.

I'm not naive, i know that PK wont ever be as permanently packed as it is on NDD, because NDD is a rare thing and everyone makes an effort to do bulk PK'ing at that time, but i believe PK could be a lot more active on normal days than it currently is, and that it would be a lot more fun if it was.

So myself and others try and try to come up with ideas to get more people PK'ing, and get the current PK'ers PK'ing more... we all try and carefully consider our suggestions, in many cases try and appeal to something we think Radu will like, and then we get some smart-ass person come along and say:

"Everyone just needs to grow some balls"

which is essentially what your first post says.

Telling people to grow some balls will not increase PK, trust me, anyone idiotic and aggressive enough to be susceptible to this kind of taunting is already PK'ing.

Robotbob said:

I'm reluctant always to use the abbreviation 'pker(s)' since its been demonized into an evil faction.

It's not surprising it has been "demonized", PK'ers in EL are one of two things:

1. People who really enjoy combat in EL and the thrill of PK.

2. People who are idiotic and aggressive enough to be susceptible to taunting (such as "grow some balls").

Category 2 is a big chunk of the current PK'ers, hence the demonization.

Everyone in category 2 is already PK'ing or will be soon, we need to appeal to more category 1's or people who only mildly like the idea of Player VS Player combat. Posts like your first one which basically blame the players for the lack of PK will not entice these people to PK, as saying "they have no balls" wont.

I have no issue with legitimate counter arguments as to why any suggestion i make/support could actually hurt PK, but people who say "grow balls" or try and blame the non-PK'ing players for the lack of PK needs to just STFU.

Personally, I think the intial post is not worded correctly, but does have some valid points.

Main problem with pk is How expensive it is to pk compared to most other games. So in that case why stay right..

I enjoy pk'n, and I will say that "grow some balls" is the only thing that is keeping pk alive; and that is where the alliance part comes in. Most strong pker guilds are allied; there are currently only a couple of strong alliances in pk, and they are well known ;

DOA and its allies

L.A. and its allies.

There are few other strong guilds, but they are rather innactive, or in pk server.

So with such strong alliances only those 'growing some" dare to walk in pk knowing he/she will face a lot of other players just waitin to increase their pki.

The a/d arenas imo are great for pvp'ers and those who would rather stay competitive w/a lower a/d than to try to keep up w/the 10-12 hours of training that others players do.

PK is fun. With the new caps, teamwork is now important, and it's even more fun. I train a lot just so I can do well in PK. Yes, NDD is cheaper so I fight mostly then. Also, there actually are many people willing to fight on NDD, and the teamwork thing really kicks in.

But people take this game sooooo seriously. Many think all PK is ebul. I don't blame them for feeling that way if they lost 16k on a hydro run for example. They might not feel that way if there was less "victim-based" PK (hunting peeps not looking to fight) and more "consensual" PK (two peeps coming across each other in a PK map, geared to fight.) This is an observation, not a suggestion. I'm not stupid enough to make suggestions about EL. B) *Puts on flameproof jacket*

Sounds to me like what's needed is that if 2 guilds declare total war so that they can attack on non-PK maps that they don't lose anything on those maps. If you're killed by another PKer on a non-PK map due to a total war fight you don't drop a DB or lost a rosto. I think that would really bring a lot more life to PK and not have any affect on the non-PKers who don't want to get involved. Plus, since armor can still break the additional fighting going on should help the manuers get more customers.

Edit: I'm not even part of a guild that does any fighting and would entertain the idea of going total war against another guild if this were the case just for the fun of it.

Edited by Theladin

lmfao tis should be in funny stuff, a newb who has no clue comes up here thinking he knows everything B)

the reason people don't pk much is special swords/armors/rosts.

i started playing a bit actively again, to pk mostly, but as soon as i fight someone they almost immediatly pull out a BoD or mage staff.

in less then 30 seconds all mana gone, and it's not just 1 random person using those weapons there are more.

so now i try to stay out of pk and lvl a all-rounder char.

edit: oh btw, my guild declared total war on all guilds, red tags everywhere, but no fighting.. others dont set us as enemy B)

Edited by villekPL

edit: oh btw, my guild declared total war on all guilds, red tags everywhere, but no fighting.. others dont set us as enemy :P

whats the name of ur guild ? :D :D

btw, people don't declare total ar anymore because of the #abusing : top player went to a guild with total war and pked everybody then went back to his original guild, safe and sound :)

A while back Bleedingsoul and I spent a week of total war. I had to leave my guild and start a guild just for this purpose. It was a lot of fun. Pk server is also a lot of fun for this very reason. Though it is a bit expensive

i wonder if radu has ever considered that reducing the price of rostos from the shop might actually get him more $$, it might not be true but if he tried it at least he would find out and a lower price would mean less complaining.

Remove Hazmat storages, so Mercury can go back into normal storage, that makes more people going to KF naked, makes fighters go there, that then makes top players check there.

Said this yesterday on test server.

#Edit - would also make Dung cheaper. (Less haul'ing.) making mines cheaper, making them used more. :P

Edited by Chosen

Sounds to me like what's needed is that if 2 guilds declare total war so that they can attack on non-PK maps that they don't lose anything on those maps. If you're killed by another PKer on a non-PK map due to a total war fight you don't drop a DB or lost a rosto.

Great idea, has been suggested before, but great idea... hopefully some day it's implemented.

i wonder if radu has ever considered that reducing the price of rostos from the shop might actually get him more $$, it might not be true but if he tried it at least he would find out and a lower price would mean less complaining.

Great idea, has been suggested before, but great idea... hopefully some day it's implemented.