Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

Make CotU defend against rare great sword effects

I suggest making the Cape of the Unbreakable defend against not only BoD/BRoD/RoD/SBoD effects, but against all rare Great Sword effects (JSoC, OSMN, CotM, etc.)

The fact that their is no defense against the effects of these swords, and that their effect is devastating, are key reasons as to why these swords are ever increasing in price (becoming even more unattainable to your average Joe PK'er), and imo are contributors to the lack of use of Tahraji Desert, and to the lack of PK in general.

Please no one be swayed by the crys of "but i just spended 700kgc on this JSoC!!!!", i realise it isn't nice to spend big gc on an item and for the game to then change so it's not worth as much, but please try and think for the good of the game as a whole.

Very good change imho, i would also add to that defense against mana drain cuisses and SoM effects.

Currently enchanted weapons/armors r WAY too overpowered( and most overpowered is jsoc in TD ;)

or 50% change to bypass it

hmmm, no... i realise you're saying that in the hope that if Ent doesn't like the idea he'll at least consider 50%, but people dont like 50% or 75%, or 99%.

People like assurances.

Many people out there might not like that people like assurances, but if the goal is to increase PK, assurance is what needs to be offered.

This will only hurt the ebul rich ppl, most of them ebul IRL rich ppl... now i realise in bricks land their voice counts for a 100x vote, but i gotta try ;):icon4:

EDIT:

i would also add to that defense against mana drain cuisses and SoM effects.

I agree.

This way if a person wants to PK without their opponents riches giving them massive advantage, they just wear red cape... they still have to make a sacrifice; no NMT/mirror/BP... and a rich player will still have advantages; Dragon Armor, Therm serp, heaps of EMPs, etc.

Plus, red capes will still break, and the only way to get them is at NPC... so the gc spent on them leaves the game (as opposed to mirror/BP capes where gc just changes hands), this is a good thing, yes?

It will level the playing field a lot... and we know 100% for sure that leveling the playing field does work to increase PK. i.e. Attribute cap.

Edited by Korrode

it's not fair for ppl who have those weapon, they paid a lot of gc for it, and now they will work just like usual?

and actually i can't see any of strongest players in dragon sets ;)

why ;X

just buy urself a magic sword no ? :s

with cap people have fucking high mana, fights are almost endless sometimes ;X

but i have to think more about it before i give my opinion this was just what i thought when i saw the topic ;)

just buy urself a magic sword no ? :s

How would this help me against Toom with JSoC in TD?

How would it help lower a/d people afraid to PK overcome that fear?

with cap people have fucking high mana, fights are almost endless sometimes ;X
Yes, until much stronger players JSoC/CotM/OSMN/SoM/MDcus/etc. hits them, then the fight is quickly ended.

Hope i helped with your thinking about your stance on this suggestion, TK. :icon4: :icon4:

@Jaclaw

I'll assume your first line is sarcasm :icon4:

...and your second line is supportive of a level playing field ;)

I like the idea

But

If an idea like this was implemented I would prefer it to be a new seperate cape (1) ( so as not to over power the CotU )

It would then make players have to think of their tactics : Protect against Grt swords or MMd rings/Bods ( or hope you can swap quick enough before you get hit)

(1)

Making the cape a seperate item could in theory kill two birds with one stone, if it was made a drop only cape ( from fluffs/fero's/Dchims/Achims and yeti) it would go along way to improve the drops/income lost to trainers when NMT become nigh on impossible to find on anything less than a yeti ( not even sure if fluffs/feros have a chance to drop them still)

I may be wrong here but afaik all the cape's colours are used and a client update would be needed to add a new one.

So I would propose adding the powers to an already underused DROP only cape that is already ingame and that is the Warlock cape ( its supposed to protect against magic, so why not magic swords as well)

Make Mobs fluffs and above ( maybe Cycs at a push ) drop the cape, then hey presto Income from training is back again \o/ ( without going back to the NMT days)

Edited by conavar

I dont like the idea of it being 2 separate capes for BRoD/BoD/rings VS rare great swords.

The idea is for an all-in-one cape that will offer 2 things:

1. For unskilled or low level a/d'ers, who wont PK in EL atm, to have enough assurances so that they will start PK'ing.

2. For average Joe PK'er (who cant spend 10 hours a day in EL or mass $$ at the shop) the ability to PK and not have it cost so much, as they are the people who really cant afford 17kgc a death when it's easy to die to rare swords. (i.e. be able to diss/tele rather than lose rosto... (now Ent will never go for it, lol))

I'd agree with Warlock cape becoming the suggested cape (i.e. 100% blocks all rare great swords effects and BoD/BRoD/rings), but with a couple of stipulations:

A. the drop rate of the Warlock cape would have to make it quite common.

- or -

B. it is sold at NPC for ~15-20k and has a very low chance to break.

But really, i'd much prefer to see the CotU block everything and the currently rarely used Warlock cape do something completely different to this, or what it does now, and be more used.

Perhaps re-named to something else in next client and to give some effect to help ranging.

I'd agree with Warlock cape becoming the suggested cape (i.e. 100% blocks all rare great swords effects and BoD/BRoD/rings), but with a couple of stipulations:

A. the drop rate of the Warlock cape would have to make it quite common.

- or -

B. it is sold at NPC for ~15-20k and has a very low chance to break.

But really, i'd much prefer to see the CotU block everything and the currently rarely used Warlock cape do something completely different to this, or what it does now, and be more used.

Perhaps re-named to something else in next client and to give some effect to help ranging.

I agree the cape would have to drop quite often ( I had in mind it might stabalize at roughly 10k ish , so not overly expensive but a nice income for trainers to replace the lost drops)

I suggested two capes because I didnt want to see a single one overpowered, but if it was only one cape I would still like it to be made drop only ( Just for the income factor we all know isnt there anymore.. Edit: Just trying to fix two problems for the price of one)

If it was made drop only I would go for Warlock cape ( MM cape could be used as well doesnt really matter ) just for the simple fact to stop us all rushing to victor and buying cheap CotU's before it became drop only lol

But TBH one cape or two , Im easy I still like the idea

Edited by conavar

I dont think SOM's effects should be blocked by COTU. Reason being som is a hell of alot cheaper than the other special swords etc, so you're better off just carrying a SOM in defence against another one (or brod, w/e works for ya). Also i think SOM's were created to create an advantage for weaker players as well as stronger players, and later allowing a cloak to block them really makes it....useless.

edit: I'm not saying brod/bod mana rings shouldnt be useless with cotu, but som really isnt as bad, if you compare losing a 70 chest or 400k nmt vs. a 17k rost.

Edited by Dago

I agree totally with both con and kor! ( hiya bro :happy: ) :D

Cape of Unbreakable Warlock: Disables the effects of rare swords and bod/brod/mana rings/damage rings.

Ingreds;

1 Warlock Cape

1 Cape of the Unbreakable

1 Enrichment Stone

1 Serpent Stone

So it will be around 100kgcs and it wont be easy to get. At least warlock cape's usage will increase.

But,

Effects of SoM should still stay same because its your choice to use it. It has no damage (iirc) and no +accu or w/e.

Tactics ftw! ;)

my2cents;

-Kad

GM of the WTF! (untill bot pwnz me) ;)

;)

Decent idea, but warlock cape would need to be a bit more common and @ 100kgc it'd wanna have very low break rate :happy:

remember it's meant to make PK affordable for people who aint rich ;)

;)

Decent idea, but warlock cape would need to be a bit more common and @ 100kgc it'd wanna have very low break rate :happy:

remember it's meant to make PK affordable for people who aint rich ;)

Yeah but if it will have very low break rate then it should be kinda expensive right? Its easy, if you wanna buy it, harv iron only 1 day and you will have it :D

Or you can use the bronze armor.

Bronze armor would keep us from being cooldowned coz of JSoC? :happy:

So tactics play a big role again. If you wanna reduce the chance of getting cooldowned or w/e you should use bronze armor with -10's accu, but if you wanna have + accu, you should use tit set but higher chance of getting cooldowned or etc. :happy:

Thanks of enlightening us Ent, We wub you, you know that ;)

(offtopic, did you see my PM? It was important for me :> )

Well maybe if Bronze wasnt so expensive, didnt break so easy , and degraded (and was fixable ) first .. then it might be an option

Korrode's idea is to try and make PK a little cheaper ( hence hopefully more people do it) not to make it more expensive

I think making Bronze cheaper and decreasing the chance it would have to break would be the most prudent option. In my opinion, it would have a smaller affect upon the flow of currency around EL than introducing 3X gold rate (although that would be cool, I just don't see it happening).

Secondly, I think if the CotU ever does stop the rare sword effects, then it should be more expensive and considerably easier to break. Either way though, I see the bronze option as the best, and most likely to be implemented, adaptation. Don't quote me on that, of course :P

I think making Bronze cheaper and decreasing the chance it would have to break would be the most prudent option. In my opinion, it would have a smaller affect upon the flow of currency around EL than introducing 3X gold rate (although that would be cool, I just don't see it happening).

EFFECT, NOT AFFECT!

And what are you talking about with the chance of it to break? Do you even know what chance it has, or you are talking shit again?

So tactics play a big role again. If you wanna reduce the chance of getting cooldowned or w/e you should use bronze armor with -10's accu, but if you wanna have + accu, you should use tit set but higher chance of getting cooldowned or etc. :P

Do you want to get banned from the forum or something? Why are you deliberately bullshiting about the armor stats?

How the fuck did you come with -10accu???

Please note that in order to ballance this armor, so that it won't overpower the other armors, we made it so that when it breaks, it breaks for good, no degraded items. The breaking rate is equivalent to that of steel/titanium armor.

I must admit I thought that Bronze broke easily as well , but if that post still holds true ( 2006 ), then that goes someway to eleviate the probem (sp)

I think he came up with -10 by adding all the bronze items - acc together , and iirc its only -8