Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

brod lol

same with thermal serp sword..it changes from an expensive item to a item worth 5kgc that cant be turned back into a thermal so you do the math and get real

You cant compare Thermal serp to a Brod . Thermal serp comes with a warranty because it is payed for using RL $.

And if you buy a second hand Therm then like you said, buying from players if differant from buying from NPC's .. so out of luck

Why cant i compare the two, They both dont have damaged form, and is worth alot of value ingame atleast, not like u can make 200+kgc in 2 hours or so, ppl spend days making that much gc, SO thats why a warranty or smth was proposed on it, who wants to watch all their hard work gone like that for nothing, being it a item that can break another they still worked on getting that specific item..

You cant compare the two because a new Thermal Serp is bought for (read) Real life money hence the warranty incase it breaks, and if people buy a second hand therm then the following applies:

Pls Read, Items from npc should last longer than the ones from players because most likely THEY HAVENT BEEN USED, duh a player wouldnt give me a warranty for those items because 1. he didnt make the item, 2 He either bought it brand new or from another player......and lol buying stuff from a player and an npc is two completely different things,

So let me remind you the basics of this

Time = Money...NO? Why Cant the time people spend to make the gc for the item be expressed in anytype of Physical Money, lets say $$?

Instead you making it seem like what people do ingame no way possible be worth any $$ value........

Edited by Kramxel

i already suggested in the other thread to make the breakrate something countable..

my freakin brod lasts for 10.000 hits or so and you can calculate around when can you expect it to break

the same for armours..

ECONOMY:

i say brods even become more expensive cuz inflation is needed everywhere!! even in a game that is a simulation of life! no inlfation means a continuous economic problem as it happened in RL soo many times.. rich get richer and the poor just keep on looking.. 2-5% inflation would do great..

i will post a thread soon bout that so use those braincells to make an economic theory

peaaace

anyways i am soo goddamn tired i dont even know what i wanted to say

same with thermal serp sword..it changes from an expensive item to a item worth 5kgc that cant be turned back into a thermal so you do the math and get real

You cant compare Thermal serp to a Brod . Thermal serp comes with a warranty because it is payed for using RL $.

And if you buy a second hand Therm then like you said, buying from players if differant from buying from NPC's .. so out of luck

Why cant i compare the two, They both dont have damaged form, and is worth alot of value ingame atleast, not like u can make 200+kgc in 2 hours or so, ppl spend days making that much gc, SO thats why a warranty or smth was proposed on it, who wants to watch all their hard work gone like that for nothing, being it a item that can break another they still worked on getting that specific item..

Something worth 200k+gc that can get destroyed in an instant, without a warranty... oh, like a nmt cape, or jsoc, osmn, etc. which one can lose to... oh, say a branch of destruction? Good thinking, I want a warranty! :icon13:

The item you are whining about is designed to remove gc from the economy. Thanks for doing your fair share.

Whining? Naa no1 is whining is here, We're talking about an expensive item from NPC should have an warranty on it, to protect again scenerios like scarr's break in 1 sec of battle. THX

Time = Money...NO? Why Cant the time people spend to make the gc for the item be expressed in anytype of Physical Money, lets say $$?

Instead you making it seem like what people do ingame no way possible be worth any $$ value........

Nope I think you will find that i said buying from a players is just the same as buying from an NPC .. (which with you last post seems like you finally agree)

Player A's 250k he spends at a player/bot is just as hard earned ( time = money) as Player B's 250k that he spends at an NPC , there is no differance.

So one giving warranties and the other not is a bit unpractical IMO

Edited by conavar

Warranties could be exploited also, just rebuy from npc, buy gc with $, and you can brod as long as your credit card holds out without breaking a single brod.

edit: assuming *hehehe* that each time you buy a new brod etc. the warranty resumes

Edited by Dago

Nope I think you will find that i said buying from a players is just the same as buying from an NPC .. (which with you last post seems like you finally agree)

Player A's 250k he spends at a player/bot is just as hard earned ( time = money) as Player B's 250k that he spends at an NPC , there is no differance.

So one giving warranties and the other not is a bit unpractical IMO

But your using the term "RL CASH" as if what constructive things people do ingame has no relevance to the time they spend doing it in the RL world

THE DIFFERENCE is at the npc it would be BRAND NEW and most likely above player value because player might of used it....

Stuff doesn't break over time, breaks by chance

so brand new vs. used (not degraded, used) is same thing

this topic is ridiculous btw

Edited by Atlantis

Please take a course in basic probability. A single extreme sample point, such as this, does not indicate a broken system. The important number is the expected value of the break rate (simplistically, the average over all identical items in the game). If you don't like chance affecting your game, I recommend tic tac toe. :D

Edit: Now, having items that _do_ have history and individual properties is an entirely different, and fascinating case. Then we could have "epic" items passed down from player to player throughout the ages.

Please read the whole topic before posting. Well as stated before how would you like spending 230k gc on a new weapon and having it not last an entire fight now that to me does seem like a problem. We aren't saying the whole system is broke but rather suggesting a warranty system be put in place to protect people from these extremes, this at least will ensure that they can use their weapon for a time and not worry about it breaking after they just got it.

I actually did read the entire thread before posting, and took issue with the post I originally cited. Hence, why I wrote only about that. If you are, in fact, suggesting a change to the game instead of whining about bad luck, I'd suggest this topic be moved to the suggestions forum.

Personally, I'm quite fine with the system as is. Luck is part of every day life, both in EL and RL and sometimes it's bad. Deal.

THE DIFFERENCE is at the npc it would be BRAND NEW and most likely above player value because player might of used it....

This argument has been made before, and disputed before. In this thread, if nowhere else. Here's hoping it's understood this time around.

Items do not have an age attribute. Every use of every item is IID (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iid). That's how it is. If you don't like it, take it to 'Suggestions.'

i already suggested in the other thread to make the breakrate something countable..

my freakin brod lasts for 10.000 hits or so and you can calculate around when can you expect it to break

the same for armours..

ECONOMY:

i say brods even become more expensive cuz inflation is needed everywhere!! even in a game that is a simulation of life! no inlfation means a continuous economic problem as it happened in RL soo many times.. rich get richer and the poor just keep on looking.. 2-5% inflation would do great..

i will post a thread soon bout that so use those braincells to make an economic theory

peaaace

anyways i am soo goddamn tired i dont even know what i wanted to say

Inflation makes absolutely no sense in an economy with infinite resources like EL. In the real world, every item is limited, and inflation is due to supply and demand. The equation doesn't exactly work with infinite resources, and besides, EL is an economy with a more or less fixed pay rate, you can't have a pay raise for harvesting something, can you?

This particular item is a RISK item, you are taking a great risk (it has a way above the average breaking chance), hoping that you can break more stuff than what you paid for the BroD.

Sometimes it works (like breaking a NMT, or lots of CoLs and armor), sometimes it doesn't work (when it breaks before you can break items).

That's how it's supposed to work, there will never be a warranty on it.

it isnt fair that it breaks on first 5seconds of usage.. lol get real pls..

anyways im done with this game, u probly wont see me online again

bye

no thanks, id like to keep my account (+ storage) ;)

Edited by scarr

i bought my first brod ever, wanted to test it.. it broke after 10 minutes i just got it, on the first fight.. it didnt even last 10 seconds

yay for EL.. im out

reminds me something... ah yes... DonPedro

this sucks man ;)

when my bod broke, it had only worked twice :s

reminds me something... ah yes... DonPedro

this sucks man :icon4:

when my bod broke, it had only worked twice :s

Yes, but at least he broke a thermal serp first ;)

actualy i broke a tit plate of freezing before this brod :x

I think I'll just have your whole storage, since you are leaving.

And maybe give it to the n00bs.

Im a n00b!!!

Christmas comes early for WiseOwl ^_^

DP left coz he predicted pk will get crazy expensive in eL, not coz of thermal or brod broken, thats what he wrote on the Vikings forum.

Of course he could lie about that and leave for another unknown reason, we will never be 100% sure ;)

And more on topic: Good luck Scarr and take care mate :icon4:

mp

In the DP case, I am pretty sure it was because of the thermal serp he lost.

He told me that if I give him his thermal back and restore his char with all the items (our policy is that restored chars are restored without any items, to avoid items duping).

Obviously, I didn't take his offer, because I don't think DP was crucial for EL. And I've seen some of his comments on the game in other places, and I would not want him back at all.

This 'legend' also pulled the same thing here. I'm 100% sure he is just a legendary crybaby.

Lol mate u never talked with him or saw him ingame even once and u talk such a shit about him.

He was far from perfect but u cant blame him for caring about the game he played.

If it was EL or later auteria it is still the same, he suggested to change/fix some things that he didnt like and he was sure many other players wont like either, yeah, he wasnt the type of a polite-ty-to-all-mods-player but most of us arent too :happy:

mp

Edited by masterpiter

If it was EL or later auteria it is still the same, he suggested to change/fix some things that he didnt like and he was sure many other players wont like either, yeah, he wasnt the type of a polite-ty-to-all-mods-player but most of us arent too :happy:

mp

Change or fix what? Make the items never break? That's basically his main complaint.

mp

Change or fix what? Make the items never break? That's basically his main complaint.

His main complaint was:

The item which you bought it from shop by $$$ shouldnt break. Because you payed $$$. Thats all