Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

brod lol

and the n00bs were in the 80-100 range.

:oB):(B) *looks at stats*

aislinn welcome the club... I had the same feelings B)

edit:

Just so I say something on topic here too. The Bod is indeed powerfull, but if you are about the same level as your opponent you can make it for a while. Maybe even kill the other one first because you make more damage - if you are lucky. However this particular bod here, just wouldn't want to break :P

[01:25:19] kl4Uz was hit with the bone of death for 150 extra damage!

[01:26:06] kl4Uz was hit with the bone of death for 150 extra damage!

[01:26:11] kl4Uz was hit with the bone of death for 150 extra damage!

[01:26:13] Ok, you are disengaged from combat, now run (err, walk away)!!!

[01:29:16] kl4Uz was hit with the bone of death for 150 extra damage!

[01:29:47] kl4Uz was hit with the bone of death for 150 extra damage!

[01:29:53] kl4Uz was hit with the bone of death for 150 extra damage!

[01:29:54] Ok, you are disengaged from combat, now run (err, walk away)!!!

Edited by kl4Uz

I think Ent basically proved his point that 14 Pr0's in crap gear can kill 5 n00bs in dragon armour etc

Wasnt the discussion about best ingame items contra oldschool stuff, not about fire serps? And red dragon armor is nice but mana drain cuisses and ubber def greaves own it easly.

No1 ever said: remove red dragon armor and fire serps coz they r way too powerfull.

Jsoc/bod/enchanted armors, that equip should be tested if any dev doesnt belive pkers( betatesters).

If you keep bitching like how unfair the test was, why the fuck don't you go and repeat the test using the jsoc and your white dragon armor, and the thermal serp of cooling, and tell me the results?

no testing needed i think, those test go on at the main server everyday.

Nordcarn arena is one of the hot pk area's atm, it's not multi so noobs with things like mage staff own there.

the only way to beat things like mage staff or thermal serp of cooling is to have about 50 more a/d then the one using those weapons so you'll never get hit.

by the way, the test wasn't unfair, it just didn't adress the issue.

right now the issue is the special weapons/armours being way too overpowered.

the thing that got proved by the test is that noobs with dragon armour can be beaten by pro's in crap gear, but didn't prove that they could do the same against a newb with enchanted weapons/armor like mana drain cuisses, thermal serp of cooling, mage staff.

i'd suggest to do this test again, but with the enchanted armours/weapons.

no testing needed i think, those test go on at the main server everyday.

Nordcarn arena is one of the hot pk area's atm, it's not multi so noobs with things like mage staff own there.

the only way to beat things like mage staff or thermal serp of cooling is to have about 50 more a/d then the one using those weapons so you'll never get hit.

u mean jsocd, i think thermal serp of cooling don't exist :P:D

but my bro using mango vs deadhead had to diss : the steel cuisses of md is crazy sick... mango had 220+ mana, 44 reasoning 120+ a/d 40 toughness had to diss vs deadhead and his armors... i don't think its normal :)

(i don't know deadheads stats but way much weaker than mango's at the time)

Is that so?

What changed because players threatened to quit?

Well, yeah.

It doesn't really have any impact when only one person does it. However, if hundreds of people were deciding to log off because of changes, you'd attempt to find a way to bring those players back to the Game, no?

Is that so?

Well, yeah.

It doesn't really have any impact when only one person does it. However, if hundreds of people were deciding to log off because of changes, you'd attempt to find a way to bring those players back to the Game, no?

So you think I am a fucking moron who would implement some disastrous changwe that would make hundreads of people leave at once?

right now the issue is the special weapons/armours being way too overpowered.

the thing that got proved by the test is that noobs with dragon armour can be beaten by pro's in crap gear, but didn't prove that they could do the same against a newb with enchanted weapons/armor like mana drain cuisses, thermal serp of cooling, mage staff.

i'd suggest to do this test again, but with the enchanted armours/weapons.

I am making the bronze armor degrade when it breaks (though it won't be fixable), and remove the penalties.

That's the very last concession I am willing to make for the "omfg, powerful weapons are teh sukc" crowd.

I am making the bronze armor degrade when it breaks (though it won't be fixable), and remove the penalties.

That's the very last concession I am willing to make for the "omfg, powerful weapons are teh sukc" crowd.

Cant really ask any more than that ... so maybe we all should sssshhh while we are ahead

Is that so?

Well, yeah.

So you think I am a fucking moron who would implement some disastrous changwe that would make hundreads of people leave at once?

Please don't put words in my mouth. Of course I don't think that. I've read the older threads on this forum though, and I've seen (in most cases) whenever a new change is implemented, it is impossible to please everyone, so naturally there will always be one or two people who object. So far, you've obviously been doing a good job (I see <10 people who have said "i'll leave EL because of this"), it's when multiple people make that threat you've got an issue.

I wasn't putting your credibility at debate. There isn't enough evidence to predict you'd do such a terrible thing.

I can't quite explain my only argument, so here's an example:

A MMORPG creator decides to implement some feature he believe will benefit the game. He does so, and >50% of his userbase object to it, and go play other games. If the creator genuinely wants his MMORPG to continue being successful, he'll try to find a change (a concession, as you said) that will bring those players back to the game, right?

Please don't put words in my mouth. Of course I don't think that. I've read the older threads on this forum though, and I've seen (in most cases) whenever a new change is implemented, it is impossible to please everyone, so naturally there will always be one or two people who object. So far, you've obviously been doing a good job (I see <10 people who have said "i'll leave EL because of this"), it's when multiple people make that threat you've got an issue.

So then why even bring up this issue?

A MMORPG creator decides to implement some feature he believe will benefit the game. He does so, and >50% of his userbase object to it, and go play other games. If the creator genuinely wants his MMORPG to continue being successful, he'll try to find a change (a concession, as you said) that will bring those players back to the game, right?

It depends on many factors, but most of the MMORPG owners (individuals or companies) will not just change things to piss people off and make them leave.

as we all talk completly offtopic anyways, entropy can you pls remove brod from pk serv :<

Thank you Ent :P

If the accuracy, defense, heat and cold negs are all removed, and the armor's magic resistance does indeed significantly reduce the chance of jsoc/cotm/etc. effect, i'd expect the bronze armor would be much more used.

I'll be buying it :)

Actually, I am not going to remove ALL the penalties, just the defense penalty. Otherwise it will be as good as the red dragon armor.

Would you possibly consider removing the accuracy penalties and leaving the def penalties?

And perhaps removing the heat and cold penalties off just the torso piece?

...it's just, it's the accuracy penalties that really let that armor down. If it's going to keep all those acc penalties i'm not interested in it...

Sorry if this just looks like more bitching, but i'm really just trying to get the armor used and try and make is so all of us, including u, are happy with the solution.

EDIT:

Also, red drag armor has a bunch of heat protection no? so it's pr0 against thermal serps.... the extra armor bonus over Ti is nice, but a key thing that makes the dragon armor so pr0, is the therm serp resistance.

So imo bronze wouldnt be "as good" as red drag with no negs.

Edited by Korrode

The thermal sword has both cold and heat damage, so the dragon armor will take 4 away from a thermal, while the bronze plate will give 2 for the thermal (more damage).

On the other hand, it will give you some protection from all kind of nasty swords, brod, bod, and even from the bears, tigers and spiders.

If I remove the accuracy penalty (which is not so bad anyway), then there will be no incentive to use the dragon armor (6 more protection from thermal is not so significative, compared with the protection from nasty things).

Also, if I remove the cold/heat or accuracy penalty, the special weapons and summons will become useless.

i think that black dragon cuisses & greaves should have magic resistance too, not the torso only :)

Really.

And why do you think that?

if I remove the cold/heat or accuracy penalty, the special weapons and summons will become useless.

argh, he saw through mi evil plan :)

Can we get any kind of consolation? even just the acc penalties on the shield removed?

...it'll still have the -2 to crits and there is no competing dragon shield.

Plus the only way i'd usually have a hope of beating people with cotm/jsoc around my levels is to mass overpower them with halberd and a bunch of boost pots, and that usually doesn't work anyways, but that still wouldn't be an option if i have to have a shield equipped... so removing the shields acc penalties, for me at least, wouldn't shift the balance very much at all.

i think that black dragon cuisses & greaves should have magic resistance too, not the torso only :)

Really.

well, why not? why is it only the back dragon mail that gives magic resistance, the other armors have the same ingredients, just different quantity :P

edit : just checked the ingredients of the black dragon set.. my mistake, black dragon mail requires enriched magic essences, whereas cuisses and greaves dont.

Edited by aoshi

Can we get any kind of consolation? even just the acc penalties on the shield removed?

...it'll still have the -2 to crits and there is no competing dragon shield.

Plus the only way i'd usually have a hope of beating people with cotm/jsoc around my levels is to mass overpower them with halberd and a bunch of boost pots, and that usually doesn't work anyways, but that still wouldn't be an option if i have to have a shield equipped... so removing the shields acc penalties, for me at least, wouldn't shift the balance very much at all.

How about we first see what happens with just the def penalty removed?

So then why even bring up this issue?

However I doubt that threats such as "OMG I R WILL LEAVE EL" will change anything.

I was responding to this statement, which I believe untrue, but I think we agree that if (hypothetically speaking) a large number of EL players were to threaten this, you'd try to find some kind of middle-ground? What's so offensive about that? I didn't want to start an argument, just voice my opinion, and you think I'm calling you a fucking moron? :wub:

It depends on many factors, but most of the MMORPG owners (individuals or companies) will not just change things to piss people off and make them leave.

Indeed, but did you predict the (original) change you made to the break rates was going to piss people off so much? From what I've read, virtually every change in the game pisses someone off, so it must be kind of hard to judge what will/won't have a huge impact.

i think that black dragon cuisses & greaves should have magic resistance too, not the torso only :P

Really.

Lol, so he can use the set insted of the Bronze and not get any peanltys, as for Korrode, use accuracy pot/cutlass for accuracy, no?

People always want the best of everything, why not just leave everything as it is? And build your character differently? Fuck sake.

Ent pls make black dragon armour worth 10k and make it so noone hits me when I use it and I never get hit by brod/bod kkthx :D

*sigh*

as for Korrode, use accuracy pot/cutlass for accuracy, no?

You've obviously missed the point of what it is i was trying to achieve.