Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

brod lol

nice test, but to kill one noob you would have to take 2-3 friends with you if you were in cheap gear.

i dont know anyone who would take up arms every time i would go pk though.

Doesn't matter, you don't HAVE to do it.

But those who want to have this option.

And the way PKing is designed is to make it team work.

Would have been nice to see if the result was differant if the "noobs" were given swords that are used in PK , ie: Therm serp, Jsco, CotM

Would have been nice to see if the result was differant if the "noobs" were given swords that are used in PK , ie: Therm serp, Jsco, CotM

Indeed.

It wasn't exactly, a 'good' test, I mean fire serp is useless on PK maps. We did have Red Dragon Sets, which was cool. If we would have full PK Gear/Items. (I don't mean magic armours/swords.) I think it would have been alot easier than it was.

The main complaint wasn't that the n00bs didn't do enough damage, the main complaint was: "Omfg, if they wear dragon armor, then you can't hit them with a serpent sword".

As you've seen, you can hit them even with a tit long.

And not everyone in the game has a thermal serp or JSoC or CotM. Many newbies (I mean, under 100 a/d) don't have such weapons, and even if they do, they'll most likely not use them when fighting someone without a pro armor (they can always pull out a BroD).

The main complaint wasn't that the n00bs didn't do enough damage, the main complaint was: "Omfg, if they wear dragon armor, then you can't hit them with a serpent sword".

As you've seen, you can hit them even with a tit long.

And not everyone in the game has a thermal serp or JSoC or CotM. Many newbies (I mean, under 100 a/d) don't have such weapons, and even if they do, they'll most likely not use them when fighting someone without a pro armor (they can always pull out a BroD).

maybe give them something that the newbies (incl me) actually use to pk? I haven't seen anyonr using a fire serp in a long time. :P

cutty, js, rapier against the "pr0"s?

Indeed.

It wasn't exactly, a 'good' test, I mean fire serp is useless on PK maps. We did have Red Dragon Sets, which was cool. If we would have full PK Gear/Items. (I don't mean magic armours/swords.) I think it would have been alot easier than it was.

What were the a/d levels of the team's members ?( just roughly I know ppl dont like saying )

maybe give them something that the newbies (incl me) actually use to pk? I haven't seen anyonr using a fire serp in a long time. :P

cutty, js, rapier against the "pr0"s?

The thermal serpent of fire is better than a cutlass (especially against metal armor).

What were the a/d levels of the team's members ?( just roughly I know ppl dont like saying )

The pr0s were about 110 a/d (some higher, some lower), and the n00bs were in the 80-100 range.

So the difference between them was probably 25 a/d or so.

The thermal serpent of fire is better than a cutlass (especially against metal armor).

Any particular reason why n00bs didnt have bod/jsoc( 2 best weapons that r way overpowered) but instead were given some fire serps that no1 uses on pk nowadays and even in the old days i maybe saw 2 ppl using fire serps?

The test convinced me even more that im rite, otherwise u would give n00bs bod and jsoc :P

Also give n00bs the enchanted armors, like for example mana drain cuiss and steel greaves of ubber def, then u will see how much pr0 items mean.

We wanted to test here Best items vs oldschool, not fire serps :pickaxe:

Maybe i just go into details too much :o

Any particular reason why n00bs didnt have bod/jsoc( 2 best weapons that r way overpowered) but instead were given some fire serps that no1 uses on pk nowadays and even in the old days i maybe saw 2 ppl using fire serps?

The test convinced me even more that im rite, otherwise u would give n00bs bod and jsoc :P

Also give n00bs the enchanted armors, like for example mana drain cuiss and steel greaves of ubber def, then u will see how much pr0 items mean.

We wanted to test here Best items vs oldschool, not fire serps :pickaxe:

Maybe i just go into details too much :o

You are starting to piss me off.

What you are saying is: 1 n00b with 50 giant stones and ingredients to summon 20 red dragons can kill anyone in the game, therefore the game sucks because if you have $$$ you win no matter what level you are.

Obviously, with BoD you can kill someone without CoL/MoL in 1 hit, but you have to be stupid to do that, because statistically you will break your BoD before you recover your investment from the enemy drops.

And the JsoC, do you think it grows on the trees or something? Do you know how many are in the game?

You are starting to piss me off.

Whoops :pickaxe:

What you are saying is: 1 n00b with 50 giant stones and ingredients to summon 20 red dragons can kill anyone in the game, therefore the game sucks because if you have $$$ you win no matter what level you are.

I didnt say 1 word about summoning stones. We were talking about new/oldschool equipment.

Obviously, with BoD you can kill someone without CoL/MoL in 1 hit, but you have to be stupid to do that, because statistically you will break your BoD before you recover your investment from the enemy drops.

Ask bod-ers about that, u might be surprised with the answer :P U get no drops in pk unless u r very lucky or u lure newbies, u kill ur pvp partner and things like that :o

And the JsoC, do you think it grows on the trees or something? Do you know how many are in the game?

0 jsoc's ingame would be best number to have :(

There was only 1 luciferx ingame and u still needed to change high lvl monsters coz of him and even introduce 48 cap, same with jsoc- even 1 ingame means the balance is broken.

There are 18 of them in the game, some held by inactive accounts.

Now, obviously, they are very powerful, but they are still not effective when fighting more than 1 player, because then the cooldowned player will just diss and wait until his cooldowns are back.

Against 3 players, you stand no chance.

With the BoD it is possible to kill players, but like I said, it's very risky.

At least with a player in full armor, you know you will cause him to lose the rosto, otherwise you will just waste the BoD.

because then the cooldowned player will just diss and wait until his cooldowns are back.

He can't diss if he got cooldowned, can he? that's why this weapon is so powerful

lol what i was thinking

i dont even gonna pick fights with people who have one

There are 18 of them in the game, some held by inactive accounts.

Now, obviously, they are very powerful, but they are still not effective when fighting more than 1 player, because then the cooldowned player will just diss and wait until his cooldowns are back.

Against 3 players, you stand no chance.

With the BoD it is possible to kill players, but like I said, it's very risky.

At least with a player in full armor, you know you will cause him to lose the rosto, otherwise you will just waste the BoD.

to be more powerfull bod needs more accu :(

18 jsocd only ? :o (and I have one in sto :P:pickaxe: )

because then the cooldowned player will just diss and wait until his cooldowns are back.

He can't diss if he got cooldowned, can he? that's why this weapon is so powerful

I don't actually think that WITH the cap, jsocd is SOOOOOOOO omg fucking tooooo pro powerfull...

before the cap, people had low mana, which means, getting cooldowned by the jsocd meant, unless a "pro flee" free way to hell

now with the cap :

1. Damage has been seriously lowered

2. People have usually much more mana

=> Which means, you don't die sooo easy from cooldown

specially if u know how to play :P, just to tell u, i was fighing montarius, force + duszka all the same time on me, i got cooldowned in kf because immune was off and they summoned a tiger, i managed to wait for my diss ring to get back without using EMP with 3 people from top top level on me... then i just dissed and used tp to portal spell (yeah i had more mana for then spell even) but here comes the funy part... fight was soo long i ran out of energy essences for the portal spell roflmao and got caught and ended in hell :P (NDD no lost rosto)

and thats why the jsocd sleeps in sto because i CANNOT kill with it, each time i cooldown someone, time he gets killed the cds are off so he can diss / tele (u might say coz i'm noob, but if u read what i said above, even 3 very strong people had a hard time getting me and wouldn't have gotten me if it were for the energy essences)

~TK.

ps : and no u can't diss when u are in cd radu, thats why its called cooldown :P

thays why i prefer cotm / jsocd combo or even OSMN / jsocd combo but i have too low a / reas to use OSMN well... :( ^

edited typo

Edited by Michic0_oL

You can always try the old fashioned diss way.

I just can't see how such items help pk. Even though you say you can defend against them.

Personally, I diss/tele from anyone who I know, uses the gay words. Which means less pk for me.

I made over 4Mgc in drops using my Bod, when they were 150k, I had 3. B) (I used it on everyone, that and thermal serp.)

In the testing, they were using Aug Leathers/good vs fire serp.

Jsoc is too powerful, first hit = cd, you probs gonna die. I had on test server, Jsoc & Osomn, and within 10 seconds someone higher a/d than me died. (1 hit cooldown, second mana deplete..) a top PK'er can almost be impossible to kill, if they have a good build/magic items. B)

Well, basically 14 Pr0s with gear worth 8Kgc or less pwned 5 n00bs with red dragon armor and serp of fire. Only 1 pr0 died.

No summons other than bear and tigers were allowed.

I think Ent basically proved his point that 14 Pr0's in crap gear can kill 5 n00bs in dragon armour etc

I wonder if it would work the same reversed. 14 n00bs in crap gear vs 5 Pr0's in dragon armour

Or

14 Pr0's in n00b gear vs 5 Pr0's in dragon gear.

Well, basically 14 Pr0s with gear worth 8Kgc or less pwned 5 n00bs with red dragon armor and serp of fire. Only 1 pr0 died.

No summons other than bear and tigers were allowed.

I think Ent basically proved his point that 14 Pr0's in crap gear can kill 5 n00bs in dragon armour etc

I wonder if it would work the same reversed. 14 n00bs in crap gear vs 5 Pr0's in dragon armour

Or

14 Pr0's in n00b gear vs 5 Pr0's in dragon gear.

No it wont.. I died only once (n00b w/ good armours.) but Fire Serp was nothing, and we didn't have everything that 98% of PK'ers have as Items.

We needed:

Thermal Serp, diss/tp rings, acc/eva/atk/def/phys/coord potions, EMPs.. so test wasn't 100% fair. Of course, w/ summons, it would be alot easier for us, as we found out. B)