Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

brod lol

If it was EL or later auteria it is still the same, he suggested to change/fix some things that he didnt like and he was sure many other players wont like either, yeah, he wasnt the type of a polite-ty-to-all-mods-player but most of us arent too ;)

mp

Change or fix what? Make the items never break? That's basically his main complaint.

His main complaint was:

The item which you bought it from shop by $$$ shouldnt break. Because you payed $$$. Thats all

In no time everyone will run with thermal serps and bought tit plates that never break :happy:

Sometimes I wonder if it would have been different if the p2p mode ever had been implemented and the items shop had closed down instead - though it wouldn't have changed much in the end as I believe. People would still whine.

Maybe some day Entropy might consider making some items more durable - or rather more repairable. It would be a nice gesture to calm some people down and I do believe it could be implemented as an item sink too. However I doubt that threats such as "OMG I R WILL LEAVE EL" will change anything. Not that I don't understand the feeling - sometimes it is really frustrating to see the work of so many hours go POOF.

However I doubt that threats such as "OMG I R WILL LEAVE EL" will change anything.

On the contrary, this is a perfect example of why things do get changed. Unless you live in an authoritative society, threats such as the one above (in sufficient manner) can become catalysts for improvements :P

Change or fix what? Make the items never break? That's basically his main complaint.

He wanted cheap pking, col+brod/bod+ enchanted weapons/armors r not cheap pking.

If Pking isnt cheap almost no1 can afford to pk all the time but has to sacrifice most of the time for making money instead of just having fun in pk.

He has foreseen eL will never come back to cheap pking so there was no reason for him to stay in the game, thats only my guess but really there is no other reason to delete ur char unless u really r 100% sure u will never want to play again, no?( or u r crazy pissed with the game, who knows :P )

mp

On the contrary, this is a perfect example of why things do get changed. Unless you live in an authoritative society, threats such as the one above (in sufficient manner) can become catalysts for improvements :)

I tend to agree partly but please take into account

• Players leave daily. As long as it's not a mass movement, a single voice doesn't have big potential of threat
  • EL is a complex game. We don't have the "OMG I'm not level hundred after 10 min and i don't have the best weapon yet - this game sux" people here. Most players accept the game as it is - sure we'd all like to see this and that changed, but as a whole we like and love it, and even if something changes to the negative, we stay for the reasons stated before. So I think we achieve more if we try to be reasonable.

Some bitching is a must of course - I'm just doing this course on psychology of communication and most psychologists agree: Bitching is healthy for one's psyche :( However it might not be the best strategy to achieve a certain goal :happy:

edit: typo

Edited by kl4Uz

This 'legend' also pulled the same thing here. I'm 100% sure he is just a legendary crybaby.

Lol mate u never talked with him or saw him ingame even once and u talk such a shit about him.

He was far from perfect but u cant blame him for caring about the game he played.

If it was EL or later auteria it is still the same, he suggested to change/fix some things that he didnt like and he was sure many other players wont like either, yeah, he wasnt the type of a polite-ty-to-all-mods-player but most of us arent too :)

mp

DP,larok whatever. I have nothing but respect for you mp, but when people talk about a former player of a game

in some pseudo hero-worship geek-cult, like he is the prophet\messiah of el.

It just makes me laugh. :happy:

He is just another example of a player, who should just find another game to play, instead of grandstanding that he will leave,

then after the 'show' is over. Sneak quietly back in to play :(

He has foreseen eL will never come back to cheap pking so there was no reason for him to stay in the game, thats only my guess but really there is no other reason to delete ur char unless u really r 100% sure u will never want to play again, no?( or u r crazy pissed with the game, who knows :( )

mp

I am not sure I understand what you mean.

PKing is as cheap as you want it to be. No one is forcing you to bring your best gear to PK maps. You can bring your best gear and a rosto (and risk losing 16K or so when you die, plus a very small risk of breaking stuff), or you can fight in iron chain and steel longs.

Yes, you will say: "But if you do that then a n00b can PK you, omfg!111".

So what if a noob PKs you? Big fucking deal. How about you go in groups, like 10 friends dressed in low level gear? Then I am sure you can defeat 5 n00bs in the best gear.

On the contrary, this is a perfect example of why things do get changed. Unless you live in an authoritative society, threats such as the one above (in sufficient manner) can become catalysts for improvements :happy:

Is that so?

What changed because players threatened to quit?

I think I'll just have your whole storage, since you are leaving.

And maybe give it to the n00bs.

just to remind, im n00b xD

How about you go in groups, like 10 friends dressed in low level gear? Then I am sure you can defeat 5 n00bs in the best gear.

10 players with 140a/d and oldschool gear( tit serp+ tit chain+ leathers) would 100% lose vs 2 p2p n00bs with josc/bod, col and enchanted armor pieces even if those n00bs would be only 120 a/d( char in 120's is only about 500$ orso to buy. maybe even less if u find some desperate person who really wanna sell :brooding:

Even at DPA arena many of those lowbies using now bod/jsoc, col, som and many high-end armor to stay competetive, which means w/o that equip u can only lose/die on pk.

Best gear is far too powerfull.

No way, if it's a multi combat map.

Some of the pros can harm like 80hp or so, if 5 of the cast a harm at once they can kill a 120 a/d n00b instantly.

not if they have magic immunity on, and it's almost impossible to do any dmg with serp to someone dressed in dragon set (checked) i mean i tried to pk with serp :brooding:

Ok, how about we do a friendly PK contest, and I am the general of the 10 Pr0s team?

I have a few tactics in my mind that would work very well.

Some of the pros can harm like 80hp or so, if 5 of the cast a harm at once they can kill a 120 a/d n00b instantly.

no, some pros harm for 120+ :P

Ok, how about we do a friendly PK contest, and I am the general of the 10 Pr0s team?

:P

:P

we all got tactics in mind... thing is MMD rings and a zoo would cost undreds of k gc... :]

He has foreseen eL will never come back to cheap pking so there was no reason for him to stay in the game, thats only my guess but really there is no other reason to delete ur char unless u really r 100% sure u will never want to play again, no?( or u r crazy pissed with the game, who knows :angry: )

mp

I am not sure I understand what you mean.

PKing is as cheap as you want it to be. No one is forcing you to bring your best gear to PK maps. You can bring your best gear and a rosto (and risk losing 16K or so when you die, plus a very small risk of breaking stuff), or you can fight in iron chain and steel longs.

Yes, you will say: "But if you do that then a n00b can PK you, omfg!111".

So what if a noob PKs you? Big fucking deal. How about you go in groups, like 10 friends dressed in low level gear? Then I am sure you can defeat 5 n00bs in the best gear.

On the contrary, this is a perfect example of why things do get changed. Unless you live in an authoritative society, threats such as the one above (in sufficient manner) can become catalysts for improvements :)

Is that so?

What changed because players threatened to quit?

PK'ing can be cheap sure, but even a 100 a/d account can loose to a 40s account. When I was PK'ing @ DPa, I owned someone 110 a/d.. He had full armour on.. I just used Bod. Most powerful weapon in EL, exception of OSoMN/JSoC.

As for going in a group of 10 fighting 5, if those 5 die, they can't PK, anyone thats 'good' at PK shouldn't die. It's to hard to die, lol.

How about you go in groups, like 10 friends dressed in low level gear? Then I am sure you can defeat 5 n00bs in the best gear.

10 players with 140a/d and oldschool gear( tit serp+ tit chain+ leathers) would 100% lose vs 2 p2p n00bs with josc/bod, col and enchanted armor pieces even if those n00bs would be only 120 a/d( char in 120's is only about 500$ orso to buy. maybe even less if u find some desperate person who really wanna sell :P

Even at DPA arena many of those lowbies using now bod/jsoc, col, som and many high-end armor to stay competetive, which means w/o that equip u can only lose/die on pk.

Best gear is far too powerfull.

Indeed, I had a 2M+ storage, for my DPa char, thermal serp, brod, bod, magic armours, 3 cols, etc etc. And I was very strong.

Again back to a good PKer, should use MI.

Share them with us.. Maybe we're missing something.

Depending on who the 1 person is, if he faced 5 oldschool PKers, that 1 person in tit/drag armors.. would win, hands down.

If you want to win, you have to wear new armors. Simple.

Edited by Ryosuke

Could someone describe what was done? Some of us were not able to be at the little test. Those unable to attend would still love to know the tactics and outcome... just for informative purposes, of course. :closedeyes:

Well, basically 14 Pr0s with gear worth 8Kgc or less pwned 5 n00bs with red dragon armor and serp of fire. Only 1 pr0 died.

No summons other than bear and tigers were allowed.