Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

brod lol

Seriously people who use Brods dont care what the cost is of the shit they try and break ( the more expensive the better for most of them), so would the warranty protect players gear that was Broded ? cant see that happening can you ?

I only meant really expensive weapons like bod and brod that you buy from the npc, no one buys amour from the npc anyways.

So the item that breaks things , should have a warranty against breaking, but the things it breaks ( which sometimes cost more, nmt, dragon armour ) shouldnt ?

Seriously people who use Brods dont care what the cost is of the shit they try and break ( the more expensive the better for most of them), so would the warranty protect players gear that was Broded ? cant see that happening can you ?

I only meant really expensive weapons like bod and brod that you buy from the npc, no one buys amour from the npc anyways.

So the item that breaks things , should have a warranty against breaking, but the things it breaks ( which sometimes cost more, nmt, dragon armour ) shouldnt ?

wtf u keep bringing up wat it abilities is, its an expensive item that should have some type of warranty on it is what he saying..not because "it is a weapon that bring things" it should be fair game that it breaks in 5 secs.....Players have the ability to protect themselves from brod, People dont have ability to protect themselves from an item that randomnly has an increased chance of breaking.

I think your missing the point we are only talking about items that you buy from the NPC not from players.

Where you buy an item from is immaterial ( unless you buy from the EL shop for $ as it should be)

You giving 250k to a player is just the same as you paying 250k to a Npc, Would players give you a warranty ? hell no , so I dont see the reason why Ent should.

Hey it sucks any item breaking so quick, but with it being a Brod ... poetic justice springs to mind

Where you buy an item from is immaterial ( unless you buy from the EL shop for $ as it should be)

You giving 250k to a player is just the same as you paying 250k to a Npc, Would players give you a warranty ? hell no , so I dont see the reason why Ent should.

Hey it sucks any item breaking so quick, but with it being a Brod ... poetic justice springs to mind

Well in this case it is VERY important 230k gc is leaving the game with every brod purchase and should have some warranty . Whereas the 250k being payed to a player for an item is only changing hands, taking money out of the game is more important and should have some sort of protection.

Pls Read, Items from npc should last longer than the ones from players because most likely THEY HAVENT BEEN USED, duh a player wouldnt give me a warranty for those items because 1. he didnt make the item, 2 He either bought it brand new or from another player......and lol buying stuff from a player and an npc is two completely different things, how about you buy an single expensive item and have it break b4 you had any fun with it, i bet you would be pissed, atleast knowing you have a specific amount of time before it breaks would give you something positive knowing you spent alot of gc on it

about you buy an single expensive item and have it break b4 you had any fun with it, i bet you would be pissed,

You mean if my Brod broke before I had chance to break other's players stuff with it ? O my heart bleeds ( like i said . poetic justice)

And for the warranty . where does it stop though ? Titanium armour is expensive for a N00b ( and titanium is proberbly relatively more expensive for a new player than a Brod is for a Pr0 ) , should that have a warranty ? Where do you draw the line ?

I can understand your view but I cant see it being practical

@ Kram

Just saw your other post.. now if you are on about its increased chance to break because of the new system. then that is a differant matter, and really nothing can be done until Ent thinks it needs changing

Edited by conavar

Pls Read, Items from npc should last longer than the ones from players because most likely THEY HAVENT BEEN USED...
If I correctly understand what you're saying.... Items do not have individual stats. There's no such thing as a "used" item (I'm excluding degraded stuff here). The odds of something breaking when freshly made or after being used for a year are the same. There are no attributes or stats for an individual item that would identify it has having been used.

I agree with con 100%, if you're gonna buy a weapon to go out and break peoples shit (purposely), then don't complain when you break an expensive item as well.

And kram: Items don't record 'uses' as far as I know, so an Item has the exact same chance to break on the 1000th use as on the first use.

Pls Read, Items from npc should last longer than the ones from players because most likely THEY HAVENT BEEN USED...
If I correctly understand what you're saying.... Items do not have individual stats. There's no such thing as a "used" item (I'm excluding degraded stuff here). The odds of something breaking when freshly made or after being used for a year are the same. There are no attributes or stats for an individual item that would identify it has having been used.

"Ok, here is the explanation:

While in combat, there are two things calculated each round:

1. If the player A can HIT player B. This is done by taking into account various things, such as the attack, defense, accuracy, and so on.

If the chance to hit is positive, then we have:

2. Damage inflicted. The damage inflicted is based on some other factors, such as the attack, defense, weapon damage, blah, blah, and all of it is substracted by the armor of the target (unless if a critical hit).

So before we had the situation when players would get dressed in the fullest armor they could get (full steel, black dragon, etc.) and train on monsters that would have a chance to hit them, but the damage was absorbed by the armor, so unless if there was a critical hit, no damage was taken, and no chance for the armor to break.

Hope this explains it.

Anyway, I will monitor the breakage for the next few days, and possibly decrease the breaking chance a little. " - ENT

So wtf you talking about? add input only if you know what you talking about

about you buy an single expensive item and have it break b4 you had any fun with it, i bet you would be pissed,

You mean if my Brod broke before I had chance to break other's players stuff with it ? O my heart bleeds ( like i said . poetic justice)

And for the warranty . where does it stop though ? Titanium armour is expensive for a N00b ( and titanium is proberbly relatively more expensive for a new player than a Brod is for a Pr0 ) , should that have a warranty ? Where do you draw the line ?

@ Kram

Just saw your other post.. now if you are on about its increased chance to break because of the new system. then that is a differant matter, and really nothing can be done until Ent thinks it needs changing

And Since when is full titanium a single item...could of sworn it is like 3 or 4 different items, brod is worth more than a full titanium but yet it can be completely destroyed in 1 hit, full titanium is only degraded and havent seen a case where someone entire full titanium was completely gone in 5 secs, have you? Brod is a relatively expensive item that when broke you dont have luxury of fixing it, same with thermal serp sword..it changes from an expensive item to a item worth 5kgc that cant be turned back into a thermal so you do the math and get real

Edited by Kramxel

It's good for the economy. Just like the damage a brod does is good for the econmy.

same with thermal serp sword..it changes from an expensive item to a item worth 5kgc that cant be turned back into a thermal so you do the math and get real

You cant compare Thermal serp to a Brod . Thermal serp comes with a warranty because it is payed for using RL $.

And if you buy a second hand Therm then like you said, buying from players if differant from buying from NPC's .. so out of luck

How is it good for the economy, people will stop buying it..and whats the point of having smth implented and no1 buys it, if its good for the economy why doesnt everything just have high breakrate and completely break not damge, that would be excellent for the economy woudlnt it?

Ya know, quoting two big chunks of text with no explanation of what your point is, is really pretty useless. But I will attempt to divine your point and answer.

Items do not have individual stats. There's no such thing as a "used" item. -- bkc56

...but the damage was absorbed by the armor, so unless if there was a critical hit, no damage was taken, and no chance for the armor to break. -- Entropy

I'm talking about the fact that there's no attribute on items to indicate history (why there's no such thing as "used" items). Entropy is talking about how calculations are done during a battle. But the fact that armor "absorbed" damage is not saved (it isn't weaker the next time you use it because of past battles).

So when you said in your earlier post that:

Pls Read, Items from npc should last longer than the ones from players because most likely THEY HAVENT BEEN USED

I was pointing out that "USED" does not apply. There's no difference in buying something from an NPC or a person.

Again, I'm trying to guess at what you mean since "wtf" doesn't provide any useful information.

Edited by bkc56

same with thermal serp sword..it changes from an expensive item to a item worth 5kgc that cant be turned back into a thermal so you do the math and get real

You cant compare Thermal serp to a Brod . Thermal serp comes with a warranty because it is payed for using RL $.

And if you buy a second hand Therm then like you said, buying from players if differant from buying from NPC's .. so out of luck

Why cant i compare the two, They both dont have damaged form, and is worth alot of value ingame atleast, not like u can make 200+kgc in 2 hours or so, ppl spend days making that much gc, SO thats why a warranty or smth was proposed on it, who wants to watch all their hard work gone like that for nothing, being it a item that can break another they still worked on getting that specific item..

Why cant i compare the two, They both dont have damaged form, and is worth alot of value ingame atleast, not like u can make 200+kgc in 2 hours or so, ppl spend days making that much gc, SO thats why a warranty or smth was proposed on it, who wants to watch all their hard work gone like that for nothing, being it a item that can break another they still worked on getting that specific item..

Something worth 200k+gc that can get destroyed in an instant, without a warranty... oh, like a nmt cape, or jsoc, osmn, etc. which one can lose to... oh, say a branch of destruction? Good thinking, I want a warranty! :icon13:

The item you are whining about is designed to remove gc from the economy. Thanks for doing your fair share.

@ Kram

And Since when is full titanium a single item...could of sworn it is like 3 or 4 different items, brod is worth more than a full titanium but yet it can be completely destroyed in 1 hit, full titanium is only degraded and havent seen a case where someone entire full titanium was completely gone in 5 secs, have you? Brod is a relatively expensive item that when broke you dont have luxury of fixing it, same with thermal serp sword..it changes from an expensive item to a item worth 5kgc that cant be turned back into a thermal so you do the math and get real

We'll call it 4 pieces (Shield, Greaves, Cuisses, Plate) since no one uses Helms anyway...So if you want to make this comparison, you think that a Brod should first degrade, then a piece should break off and it should get a stat reduction? Then it should degrade again, and then another piece would break and it would get another stat reduction? And so on and so forth? So basically, you're suggesting a weapon that degrades 7 times before actually breaking?

#edit: Of course, a Brod is ~620x more expensive than an aug torso, so does your reasoning apply there, too?

Edited by Shujral

Ya know, quoting two big chunks of text with no explanation of what your point is, is really pretty useless. But I will attempt to divine your point and answer.

Items do not have individual stats. There's no such thing as a "used" item. -- bkc56

...but the damage was absorbed by the armor, so unless if there was a critical hit, no damage was taken, and no chance for the armor to break. -- Entropy

I'm talking about the fact that there's no attribute on items to indicate history (why there's no such thing as "used" items). Entropy is talking about how calculations are done during a battle. But the fact that armor "absorbed" damage is not saved (it isn't weaker the next time you use it because of past battles).

So when you said in your earlier post that:

Pls Read, Items from npc should last longer than the ones from players because most likely THEY HAVENT BEEN USED

I was pointing out that "USED" does not apply. There's no difference in buying something from an NPC or a person.

Again, I'm trying to guess at what you mean since "wtf" doesn't provide any useful information.

Because your coming here and not reading properly, this topic is about brod, brod is a weapon not armor so what ent said about the breakrate of armor in the past would be vice versa of that of a weapon, weapons are suppose to hit so everytime you hit increased chance it would break or w/e, you come offtopic about used item and so forth, duh there is not attribute on item to indicate it's history but all items used in combat isnt the same as an item just made or bought from an npc

You cant compare the two because a new Thermal Serp is bought for (read) Real life money hence the warranty incase it breaks, and if people buy a second hand therm then the following applies:

Pls Read, Items from npc should last longer than the ones from players because most likely THEY HAVENT BEEN USED, duh a player wouldnt give me a warranty for those items because 1. he didnt make the item, 2 He either bought it brand new or from another player......and lol buying stuff from a player and an npc is two completely different things,

It can't be good for the economy if no one will buy it since it doesn't even last a whole fight.

Please take a course in basic probability. A single extreme sample point, such as this, does not indicate a broken system. The important number is the expected value of the break rate (simplistically, the average over all identical items in the game). If you don't like chance affecting your game, I recommend tic tac toe. :icon13:

Edit: Now, having items that _do_ have history and individual properties is an entirely different, and fascinating case. Then we could have "epic" items passed down from player to player throughout the ages.

Edited by Lyeowar

Please take a course in basic probability. A single extreme sample point, such as this, does not indicate a broken system. The important number is the expected value of the break rate (simplistically, the average over all identical items in the game). If you don't like chance affecting your game, I recommend tic tac toe. :icon13:

Edit: Now, having items that _do_ have history and individual properties is an entirely different, and fascinating case. Then we could have "epic" items passed down from player to player throughout the ages.

Please read the whole topic before posting. Well as stated before how would you like spending 230k gc on a new weapon and having it not last an entire fight now that to me does seem like a problem. We aren't saying the whole system is broke but rather suggesting a warranty system be put in place to protect people from these extremes, this at least will ensure that they can use their weapon for a time and not worry about it breaking after they just got it.

Edited by Valkrie